ADVERTISEMENT

O.T. NFL Sucks

Kazee was put in a tough spot there. What was he supposed to do? He hit him with his shoulder…

Go Pitt.

Slightly off topic, but I think there is a lot of quit in this Steelers team. If the Colts go right down the field and score to open the 2nd half I think the blowout is on.

The contact point came under the neck it looked like. Very lucky he didn't decapitate him.

Lets Go Mitch

hooray team
images

It is when the receiver is that low to the ground...led with his shoulder pads and did not make initial contact to his head.. did not warrant ejection.
Someone correct me if I’m wrong but the rule in both college and the NFL covers the head and neck. Wouldn’t make any sense if it didn’t.

Should have been 15 yards and play on in nfl ..
Ok yea I guess I wasn’t completely clear so my bad. I don’t know exactly what the targeting rule is in the nfl. I’ve watched games where I expected a guy to be tossed and wasn’t.

I was just referring to head (or neck) shots in general.

NFL will always be great as long as their share their wealth and let the worst team pick first.

I know we like to think of pro athletes as all overpaid for playing a kids game. But the NFL is crazy. They fine players left and right, stiff fines, that barely make the news and often weren't the result of a penalty. I read Kazee is out almost 600k this season. For the pounding his body took since training camp in July, and then to do it all for 600k less pay is totally uncalled for.

The greed of the NFL know no bounds.

Kill shot .. Lol..
Obviously you weren't around to watch Jack Tatum ...
I wasn't, but Darryl Stingley was...

But hey, what's a little preventable paralysis to get in the way of my watching a bunch of dudes play a sport for a few hours 4 months a year.

Reactions: Conemaugh
I wasn't, but Darryl Stingley was...

But hey, what's a little preventable paralysis to get in the way of my watching a bunch of dudes play a sport for a few hours 4 months a year.
and how does this prevent paralysis going forward? he was going hard at the play and led with his shoulder against a receiver who was heading to the ground...I suppose the principle of hitting hard to jar the ball loose from a receiver should be eliminated from the game also..

Last edited:
and how does this prevent paralysis going forward? he was going hard at the play and led with his shoulder against a receiver who was heading to the ground...I suppose the principle of hitting hard to jar the ball loose from a receiver should be eliminated from the game also..
If the receiver is diving through the air head-first then I have zero issue with the NFL not allowing an upper body collision. You know what's fun for me, watching my team play against another team and trying to score more points than them. You know what isn't fun, witnessing potentiality life-threatening injuries.

If the receiver is diving through the air head-first then I have zero issue with the NFL not allowing an upper body collision. You know what's fun for me, watching my team play against another team and trying to score more points than them. You know what isn't fun, witnessing potentiality life-threatening injuries.
Very nice and would make a great theme for an ABC After School Special (your compassion is very inspiring) , but you did not answer my question...

Very nice and would make a great theme for an ABC After School Special (your compassion is very inspiring) , but you did not answer my question...
How about dealing with the reality of this instance than some vague hypothetical. I have zero problem with the NFL fining and suspending this player for this hit.

-forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck.

Players in a defenseless posture are:
-A receiver attempting to catch a pass who has not had time to clearly become a runner.

-A player who initiates contact against a defenseless opponent is responsible for avoiding an illegal act. This includes illegal contact that may occur during the process of attempting to dislodge the ball from an opponent. A standard of strict liability applies for any contact against a defenseless opponent, even if the opponent is an airborne player who is returning to the ground

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT