ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Buccos

And Greg Brown offers no substance . He is an idiot .
IMO ...
I was watching some of the highlights from yesterday’s game and they’d flip back and forth between our broadcasters and the Sox’s guy, Jason Benetti. I like Brown for nostalgia purposes, but going from him to a national-level broadcaster is night and day.

Reactions: h2p_5150
I was watching some of the highlights from yesterday’s game and they’d flip back and forth between our broadcasters and the Sox’s guy, Jason Benetti. I like Brown for nostalgia purposes, but going from him to a national-level broadcaster is night and day.
Man. I didn’t see this coming. I thought Brown was appreciated in this town. Now the penguins play by play guys…they are awful.

Man. I didn’t see this coming. I thought Brown was appreciated in this town. Now the penguins play by play guys…they are awful.
I agree with you on the Pens guys. As for Brownie, I do like him. He’s been around long enough that I wouldn’t want to trade him for anyone else. I just don’t think he’s as good as other regional broadcasters, and that’s OK. Now Joe Block on the other hand…

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Between Brown with his worthless drivel and Wayner wish his deliberate eshes in describing a play . Holy Schmokes . Doesh the guy have any teeth left ?

• Haha
Reactions: Boomdoggy
Between Brown with his worthless drivel and Wayner wish his deliberate eshes in describing a play . Holy Schmokes . Doesn't the guy have any teeth left ?
Yeah Wehner isn’t good. Neither is Block. And Robbie what’s his name as the on field analyst is awful. Pretty sure the players can’t stand that guy.

Reactions: mike 301
Yeah Wehner isn’t good. Neither is Block. And Robbie what’s his name as the on field analyst is awful. Pretty sure the players can’t stand that guy.
Give it a few years and I bet Jack Hillgrove takes over for the on-field analyst if he’s not working for one of the TV stations in Pittsburgh. Currently working in Steubenville at WTOV. I believe he has a few connections around the city…

Sorry . But I guess i'm just longing for the days of Bob Prince and Nellie King on a hot summer night .
Going to grab my Dad a fresh beer , and getting to get a swig .. ;)

Give it a few years and I bet Jack Hillgrove takes over for the on-field analyst if he’s not working for one of the TV stations in Pittsburgh. Currently working in Steubenville at WTOV. I believe he has a few connections around the city…
Been waiting for Rob King to take his Dads job for 5 years now.

Reactions: HailToPitt725

Im going to be honest, I absolutely hate Wehner. I can honestly say I never not liked a Pirates announcer until him. Im sure there must have been a few that I didnt love, but gosh that guy is just the worst.

BTW... same ole bucs, O'Neil Cruz breaks an ankle. That is so Pirate of him.

Greg Brown is OK. His accents are really annoying and he ruins some big moments with them (none were worse than that French voice he did any time Russell Martin hit a homer) but I can listen to a game he calls. Joe Block is nails on a chalkboard. Whoever hired Joe Block should be arrested.

Im going to be honest, I absolutely hate Wehner. I can honestly say I never not liked a Pirates announcer until him. Im sure there must have been a few that I didnt love, but gosh that guy is just the worst.

If Wehner wasn't from Pittsburgh there is no way, literally no way, he has that job.

It took Neil Walker all of about eight minutes to be a better analyst than Wehner. And I'm not even saying that Walker is great, although I think if he wants to do it full time and puts in the work he can be pretty good.

Walk off home runs are always sweet. Bednar blew it with hep from Castro. Buccos still playing hard. Cutch with a big single in ninth with 0-2 count
Cutch has had a great home stand so far; it’s fun to see. I’m not holding my breath on winning the series tomorrow, though. I believe Hill is on the mound.

Reactions: President Stache
If Wehner wasn't from Pittsburgh there is no way, literally no way, he has that job.

It took Neil Walker all of about eight minutes to be a better analyst than Wehner. And I'm not even saying that Walker is great, although I think if he wants to do it full time and puts in the work he can be pretty good.

I couldnt have said it better myself, totally agree

Cutch has had a great home stand so far; it’s fun to see. I’m not holding my breath on winning the series tomorrow, though. I believe Hill is on the mound.
Hill has them hanging around. He hung a curve that a guy crushed to the notch, for 1 run, then some other guy crushed a splitter for his first HR.

2-0 Astros after 4 1/2. Not terrible. But Pirates bats need to get going. 2 runs shouldn't win a game.

This is about all you can expect from Hill. He's getting by with guile, not raw ability. If he gets you to the 6th within a run or two, he's done his job I guess.
Sad we have to have a guy like that in the rotation, but here we are.

Reactions: President Stache
Hill has them hanging around. He hung a curve that a guy crushed to the notch, for 1 run, then some other guy crushed a splitter for his first HR.

2-0 Astros after 4 1/2. Not terrible. But Pirates bats need to get going. 2 runs shouldn't win a game.

This is about all you can expect from Hill. He's getting by with guile, not raw ability. If he gets you to the 6th within a run or two, he's done his job I guess.
Sad we have to have a guy like that in the rotation, but here we are.

Astros are a good team, defensively they played a great game

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Pirates tied 2-2 with Cards and Roansey Contreras struck out the Cards side on 10 pitches in the 6th. He was looking sharp and was sitting at around 85 pitches. Then in the 7th, Shelton goes to the bullpen, and immediately the Cards load the bases and take the lead 3-2.

I hate when managers outthink themselves. Roansey was in a zone.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Pirates tied 2-2 with Cards and Roansey Contreras struck out the Cards side on 10 pitches in the 6th. He was looking sharp and was sitting at around 85 pitches. Then in the 7th, Shelton goes to the bullpen, and immediately the Cards load the bases and take the lead 3-2.

I hate when managers outthink themselves. Roansey was in a zone.
At first I thought it was because he wanted to take him out on a high note to maximize confidence after a poor outing in his prior start. But he does this all the time and it’s frustrating.

On a side note, Hayes has had a good game offensively. Hopefully he can build off this going forward.

At first I thought it was because he wanted to take him out on a high note to maximize confidence after a poor outing in his prior start. But he does this all the time and it’s frustrating.

On a side note, Hayes has had a good game offensively. Hopefully he can build off this going forward.
Roansey was filthy in the 6th. Did the ump check his glove for foreign substances?

Hayes 2-4, a 450 foot homer and 2 runs scored so far. Poker not happy. Lol.

Reactions: Ski11585
Hayes 2-4, a 450 foot homer and 2 runs scored so far. Poker not happy. Lol.
Am I correct that was his 1st homer of the season? Gotta get the 1st one sooner or later.

In any case, nowhere to go but up when you’re hitting .157. Heck, long way to go to get to that .244 avg that Ski keeps citing as an achievement.

Notice Brian Reynolds has cooled off considerably. Hope he doesn't revert to his usual early season struggles.
The Pirates need all the offense they can get.
Have a 3 run lead in the 10th, but Moreta, the guy with the funny hat, is trying to give it back to the Cards!
Bednar used up in the 9th with the score tied. Another questionable move for your closer on the road!

Raise it!
Nice to see the young Bucco's beat their nemesis the Cards at their place.
The way the young Cuban pitched yesterday, if they had ANY offense in that game, they'd be going for the sweep tomorrow.

The Bucs are worth watching. At least for now. I’m very cynical, but I like what I’ve seen so far.

Jack Suwinkski . What you think ? Or care ?
Lit it up last year . Showing some good signs of being a major leaguer .
I say , you stick with him and see how the first 90 plays out .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT