ADVERTISEMENT

OT: "Pittsburgh is the #1 city for..."

How did I know that it would be an old one with a picture tube that most people under the age of 20 wouldn’t even know what it was? Lol

On a side note, I found some old cassette tapes in a box the other day and I’d love to hear what is on them…but I have no way to play them. I’ve swung by a few goodwill type stores around town in hopes of finding an old boom box or Walkman…and I haven’t had any luck. And no store obviously sells such a thing. I can go on Amazon I suppose.

How did I know that it would be an old one with a picture tube that most people under the age of 20 wouldn’t even know what it was? Lol

On a side note, I found some old cassette tapes in a box the other day and I’d love to hear what is on them…but I have no way to play them. I’ve swung by a few goodwill type stores around town in hopes of finding an old boom box or Walkman…and I haven’t had any luck. And no store obviously sells such a thing. I can go on Amazon I suppose.
Did you happen to notice if the goodwill type stores had any 45 adapters? I lost mine.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
Did you happen to notice if the goodwill type stores had any 45 adapters? I lost mine.
Lol. I missed the vinyl section of the stores.

I actually had never gone into one of those places before. They have rows and rows of giant bins where people’s junk is just poured into them and people at the store are sifting through them like they are looking for Easter eggs. It’s actually pretty disgusting.

I actually had never gone into one of those places before. They have rows and rows of giant bins where people’s junk is just poured into them and people at the store are sifting through them like they are looking for Easter eggs. It’s actually pretty disgusting.
We hit one in York last year. My kid needed something for a school musical. Doing Annie. Can confirm the bins. Some of the stuff smelled like they inhabited a home with a multi-pack a day smoker.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I still have my adult daughter's boom box from when she was a kid.

You can borrow it, if you strike out finding one. 📻

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

My kids used to make fun of me having a "box" tv as they called it. That was 10 years ago. I haven't used it in a long time, but I still have it. I don't know how to dispose of it. We don't get floods often where I live or else I could just set it out in the street on a rainy day.

Reactions: Farnox
My kids used to make fun of me having a "box" tv as they called it. That was 10 years ago. I haven't used it in a long time, but I still have it. I don't know how to dispose of it. We don't get floods often where I live or else I could just set it out in the street on a rainy day.
You're in luck!

Someone in McKeesport is looking for one!

Make sure you get a dual cassette player so you can make some dubs.

The newer one on Freedom Rd. in Crammedberry is well organized. We've tossed dozens of bags with old clothes and such (Downsizing).

I'm sure that we can all remember September 18, 2004, when Pitt hosted Nebraska at Heinz Field.

On the previous day, the Pittsburgh area got abused by the remnants of Hurricane Ivan, which dumped 5.95" of rain on the area - leading to massive flooding. Some of us who were at the game watched as a big Fed-Ex truck went floating down the river past the stadium. That was, by far, the largest (floating) "random object" that I've ever seen.

I'm sure that we can all remember September 18, 2004, when Pitt hosted Nebraska at Heinz Field.

On the previous day, the Pittsburgh area got abused by the remnants of Hurricane Ivan, which dumped 5.95" of rain on the area - leading to massive flooding. Some of us who were at the game watched as a big Fed-Ex truck went floating down the river past the stadium. That was, by far, the largest (floating) "random object" that I've ever seen.
“When it absolutely, positively needs to be there overnight”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT