ADVERTISEMENT

OT:Steelers game thread/For those who care .

Didn’t the ravens get a fG in that sequence, after a 3 and out by the browns? It should be 21-20 browns right now.
Dont recall...........but for sure the game should be much closer.

Not sure why a crew would blow a play like that dead with replay. Just bizzare

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Hmm, so you except a qb to have a career record in attempts and throw less int's? Mind you, his interception % is close to his career best.
Facts just don't back you up.

The way this roster is configured they need him to be one of the better qb’s in the league and he hasn’t been. I don’t know why that’s so difficult to accept.

Not saying he sucks, just saying he hasn’t been good enough.

Obviously they ended up making the 1st down, but what’s the sense of picking up a kicker if you don’t trust him to try a 52 yarder?

4th and 4 with a new kicker from 52 yards, vs putting the ball in your Hall of Fame qb's hands?

4th and 4 with a new kicker from 52 yards, vs putting the ball in your Hall of Fame qb's hands?

More a point about the guy they picked up. He was lousy with the Raiders, I thought he was an odd choice to make.

The way this roster is configured they need him to be one of the better qb’s in the league and he hasn’t been. I don’t know why that’s so difficult to accept.

Not saying he sucks, just saying he hasn’t been good enough.

Ben's play is fine. His play is close to his career best in some categories.
The defense and special teams are the problems. A 3-4 defense needs quality LBs and we only have 1. We only have one quality player in the secondary. We lack a quality run stuff at nose tackle. Those are problems.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Pittsburgh's only hope now is a tie tonight. Which actually could happen.

Cleveland just can't stop Baltimore from running the ball

Pittsburgh's only hope now is a tie tonight. Which actually could happen.

Cleveland just can't stop Baltimore from running the ball

I gotta tell you there is literally no chance of a tie tonight. Both teams know they need a win, if that game goes to OT they will play for the win at all cost, including going for it on 4th and forever from their own 10 if they have to.

See Tomlin this is the drawback on being a "player's coach". Your players lack discipline and make dumb mistakes frequently.

Anyone surprised they didn’t call RTP there?

By definition of the rule it didn’t look like he made an attempt not to land on him with his full body weight. I think they call that earlier in the year.

I gotta tell you there is literally no chance of a tie tonight. Both teams know they need a win, if that game goes to OT they will play for the win at all cost, including going for it on 4th and forever from their own 10 if they have to.

Hypothetical: Indy has the ball in OT, 4th and 10 on their own 25 with 3 minutes to go. You are suggesting they would go for it instead of punting?

Ben will have a career record in attempts this year (over 630 right now) including 12% more that last year. Despite that his int % has actually gown slightly down (2.5 % vs 2.4%) and is lower than this career level of 2.7%

Ben is not the problem.
He's a bum

Hypothetical: Indy has the ball in OT, 4th and 10 on their own 25 with 3 minutes to go. You are suggesting they would go for it instead of punting?

Debatable.

If it’s under 2 minutes they definitely would go for it.

Going to be really interesting to watch if they make it to OT.

Baltimore has doubled the time of possession of Cleveland. That has been the main theme of Baltimore since Jackson took over.

Unless Jackson can pass he will be a back up after next year. Dude is awful throwing the ball, your man crush on him aside

Both he and Allen are dynamic running the ball, but I haven’t seen anything in college or the NFL to show they can make the throws an NFL QB needs to make often enough.

QB’s that are primarily runners only last so long. Jackson is a pretty slight guy, Allen has the size but throws his body around way too much.

Screw this team. I hope we miss this FG or if we make it, Cincy ties it up again. I want 1000 for Conner. Although, this O is so stupid, he still probably wouldn't get it.

Both he and Allen are dynamic running the ball, but I haven’t seen anything in college or the NFL to show they can make the throws an NFL QB needs to make often enough.

QB’s that are primarily runners only last so long. Jackson is a pretty slight guy, Allen has the size but throws his body around way too much.

As an aside I was not a fan of Mayfield but the dude is really impressing me this game. He has the look of a winner. Can make all the throws. Give the kid a bit more talent and the browns could be really good. In fact they will no longer be a sure win next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT