ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Yohe leaves DK, joins the Athletic

Nad nice to see Yohe piling on that girl by calling her a loose cannon on twitter.

Oh man, I have been following it. I wondered what happened, that they touted her coming from NHL.com site then as quickly as she came, she was gone. I think she was hot, at least cute, not that this had anything to do with it. But then I have been hearing some "stuff" and then it all just blew up.

I do like the site for its good hockey coverage and my god, no one skewers and slams the Bucs and that organization as well as Dejan Kovacevic. For that he gets good marks from me. I like it that is also independent, so none of the sports teams pull their strings. Audrey Snyder who covers PSU does an excellent job, I wish somewhere, some time there would be someone who could do that for Pitt (hello Joe Bendel).

Audrey? Are you serious Owt? She's a pom-pom girl, check out her twitter cover page. She has never written anything critical or investigative about PSU in her entire writing career. The queen of the cult cheerleaders.

Reactions: Pitt MD and Burgh15
Audrey? Are you serious Owt? She's a pom-pom girl, check out her twitter cover page. She has never written anything critical or investigative about PSU in her entire writing career. The queen of the cult cheerleaders.
For those who don’t want to go to her Twitter Page:
2dm8le9.jpg

OK. Would you not want the same kind of coverage for Pitt? I am not talking some pulitizer winning investigative reporter. I am talking someone who actually likes the team and is enthusiastic and looks to put out that kind of stuff. We get enough criticisms.

That doesn't leave very many choices!

Meaning women who hate men because they are in the “boys club” or men who hate women because they don’t think that women can make the difficult decisons. People are weird who loom at gender. Just judge people off of performance!

Nad nice to see Yohe piling on that girl by calling her a loose cannon on twitter.

He may have piled on Katie Brown, but my goodness, it sounds like he could really go off on DK if he wanted to.

OK. Would you not want the same kind of coverage for Pitt? I am not talking some pulitizer winning investigative reporter. I am talking someone who actually likes the team and is enthusiastic and looks to put out that kind of stuff. We get enough criticisms.
Chris Dokish and Mike Vukovcan provide or in Doke’s case provided positive coverage.

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that most of her total sports writing experience consists of writing about the Nits for several different publications.

I guess that giving The Cult what they want in the form of “rah-rah journalism” can be a good career move. ;)

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that most of her total sports writing experience consists of writing about the Nits for several different publications.

I guess that giving The Cult what they want in the form of “rah-rah journalism” can be a good career move. ;)

One of Micco's hires directly out of college from the Daily Collegian. I don't even think she moved to Pittsburgh when first hired. Imagine that, a Pittsburgh writer based in State College but yet wrote nothing investigative on the whole Sandusky affair. Shocking.

Chris Dokish and Mike Vukovcan provide or in Doke’s case provided positive coverage.

Then that's not reporting that's public relations propaganda. Which is pretty much all we get now since no reporter wants to piss off the people they cover and report on. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

As a subscriber to DK this is a big blow to the site. Part of it is growing pains but I think DK started to get to big for his britches this radio idea was just stupid and doesn't increase his market. The pirate writer just left and now this DK better get the ship in order
Wait? When you say "subscribe", you mean you pay MONEY to read/listen to DejanK?

Wait? When you say "subscribe", you mean you pay MONEY to read/listen to DejanK?

I liked reading DK at the PG and the Trib so I have been a subscriber since he launched. I don't follow all his sports coverage, so I can't really evaluate each writer, but I haven't been disappointed on the whole. His rates are very low.

Whether you think he's an a-hole or whatever, the creators behind The Athletic are also dbags. One of them said their goal was to poach all the best writers to make all their competitors (newspapers) go out of business. They're a national player, and Pittsburgh coverage is just a small aspect of their business plan. I appreciate that DK is a PGH guy running a PGH site. If he's a dick and chases away his own talent, then his business will fail. The Athletic is just running like a startup and they are interested only in measuring growth and growth potential.

I subscribe to both the Athletic & DK. I agree with Levance I like DK for the local coverage the post gazette is garbage and trib was good now just decent. I like the Athletic for the college football coverage with Mandel and baseball with Rosenthal. Kabolay I never have cared for and Yohe I still think is decent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT