ADVERTISEMENT

PITT has improved since the year began

jivecat

Senior
Jul 5, 2001
It's hard to see it sometimes because of the current record, but we have seen improvement with this team. If we could start from scratch, we would almost certainly win the Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Wake Forest game. IMHO, I think we would beat VT. We are basically a 6-3 team that had injuries, a QB issue, and some coaching gaffes. I know many are frustrated but we still have a good defense and some young talent that will continue to improve.

BEAT CUSE!!!

Hahaha.

There’s till a QB issue. Still coaching gaffes. Narduzzi said yesterday he effed up by not taking a timeout. Staff noticed an odd formation and he ignored them. Led to a td. Lots of penalties. SOS.

It’s hard to see because it hasn’t happened.

Basically a 6-3 team. Please. They’re exactly what their record says they are.
It makes some feel better than believing the truth. 🤷‍♂️
5 years from now people will only see the record, and not the reasons.

It's hard to see it sometimes because of the current record, but we have seen improvement with this team. If we could start from scratch, we would almost certainly win the Cincinnati, West Virginia, and Wake Forest game. IMHO, I think we would beat VT. We are basically a 6-3 team that had injuries, a QB issue, and some coaching gaffes. I know many are frustrated but we still have a good defense and some young talent that will continue to improve.

BEAT CUSE!!!
I would disagree. There seems to be no phase of the game where we look any better than we did in the first game. None.

main-qimg-72003817cd4b4d6365011ac20284cb3b-lq

BEAT CUSE!!!
After that dust up in the beginning, Mrs. Lincoln here really enjoyed the latter part of the play...

6 point loss
11 point loss
17 point loss
17 point loss
4 point loss
51 point loss
17 point less

I'm not seeing it when I type it out in 2D, but this could be a Magic Eye puzzle. I'll keep looking.

Reactions: Mbarber1961
This is a very bad mindset. There is something called critical thinking which allows you to focus in on the true issues and develop strategies that will quickly improve an organization. I know there are flaws with this year's team but it is not the type of flaws that call for a reset within our program. This is a very good team. I am sorry you are so shortsighted.

Reactions: NCPitt
This is a very bad mindset. There is something called critical thinking which allows you to focus in on the true issues and develop strategies that will quickly improve an organization. I know there are flaws with this year's team but it is not the type of flaws that call for a reset within our program. This is a very good team. I am sorry you are so shortsighted.
Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Staaaaaaahhhhhhhpppp.

BEAT CUSE!!!
Oh shut up....

BEAT CUSE!!!
"

So you think there are not good players on this team? I think the joke is on you.
every team has good players. duquesne football has good players, you pretty much have to have at least a few good players, statistically speaking. again, everyone has at least one or two good players.

I'm with you. There are a vocal few here that are haters and will never acknowledge that Narduzzi has made improvements and still has a solid base for the future. They will abuse anyone that challenges their narrative.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Hahaha.

There’s till a QB issue. Still coaching gaffes. Narduzzi said yesterday he effed up by not taking a timeout. Staff noticed an odd formation and he ignored them. Led to a td. Lots of penalties. SOS.

It’s hard to see because it hasn’t happened.

Basically a 6-3 team. Please. They’re exactly what their record says they are.
Narduzzi did say that, and he said it in the context that he doesn't like to waste TOs on defense. Funny that his critics here agree with that, but the one time he didn't do it those same critics abuse him. The haters will never allow any opening go without criticism.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Narduzzi did say that, and he said it in the context that he doesn't like to waste TOs on defense. Funny that his critics here agree with that, but the one time he didn't do it those same critics abuse him. The haters will never allow any opening go without criticism.
I’m aware and wasn’t trying to be deceptive. When you can’t score many points it becomes even more critical to prevent them. So just another case of his stubbornness, unwillingness or inability to adapt to situations.

I'm with you. There are a vocal few here that are haters and will never acknowledge that Narduzzi has made improvements and still has a solid base for the future. They will abuse anyone that challenges their narrative.
I'm the first to admit it is a down year and said as much before the season started. I hate the "burn it all down" mindset when we have a solid base of players and coaches. Unfortunately, a fanbase like this tends to hold back the program. I assure you all their "suggestions" would only work to destabilize the program and team.

Reactions: NCPitt

BEAT CUSE!!!
If they have, they have 3 more games left to prove it.

Reactions: Turnpaughp
so lets talk about this foundation or solid base that he is building for the future. Seriously, lets discuss this..

i dont see much. RB situation is pretty much a bare cupboard, maybe miraculously carter comes back for a 6th year then maybe you have something but even with him and Hammond, you still have a pretty bad RB group.

QB room is a disaster, not even worth mentioning..

WR, now believe it or not, i actually feel kinda OK with the future of the wr group. The immediate future anyways, aka 2024.. Means, mumpfield, REynolds and Kenny, not a terrible foundation..

OL, Baer im happy with, taylor if he comes back too. that's two good tackles. interior line is a nightmare though..

DT and DEs, not looking good boys. not looking good at all. maybe okunlola is a player, that's all i got. fitzsimmons has been week to week for two months now so this year is a bust for him.

DBS, mcmillon looks like a player and cant transfer so that's good, that's all i got. will be starting all new CBs next year with zero experience..

Oh, are kicker is kind of good..

Future is bleak fellas, and that's me trying to be positive.

best damn 58-7 loss team in the land...

Reactions: h2p_5150
This post is inane.
Hey we looked a lot better in the loss to FSU, than ND.
We must be getting better. Hahahahahahahaahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahaha.
This team, coaching, players and fans are AWFUL……

so lets talk about this foundation or solid base that he is building for the future. Seriously, lets discuss this..

i dont see much. RB situation is pretty much a bare cupboard, maybe miraculously carter comes back for a 6th year then maybe you have something but even with him and Hammond, you still have a pretty bad RB group.

QB room is a disaster, not even worth mentioning..

WR, now believe it or not, i actually feel kinda OK with the future of the wr group. The immediate future anyways, aka 2024.. Means, mumpfield, REynolds and Kenny, not a terrible foundation..

OL, Baer im happy with, taylor if he comes back too. that's two good tackles. interior line is a nightmare though..

DT and DEs, not looking good boys. not looking good at all. maybe okunlola is a player, that's all i got. fitzsimmons has been week to week for two months now so this year is a bust for him.

DBS, mcmillon looks like a player and cant transfer so that's good, that's all i got. will be starting all new CBs next year with zero experience..

Oh, are kicker is kind of good..

Future is bleak fellas, and that's me trying to be positive.
Interesting you don’t have mention at all of the TE, LB and P … which is saying much without saying anything.

(As far as the TE I’d say Bart should be mentioned on the positive side, but it would be stunning if he didn’t transfer.)

We talk incessantly here that getting rid of Cignetti is vital, and while that is true, that move means very little without serious spending to bring in a large number of effective transfers

Interesting you don’t have mention at all of the TE, LB and P … which is saying much without saying anything.

(As far as the TE I’d say Bart should be mentioned on the positive side, but it would be stunning if he didn’t transfer.)

We talk incessantly here that getting rid of Cignetti is vital, and while that is true, that move means very little without serious spending to bring in a large number of effective transfers
I'm indifferent on Cignetti.

The whole "offensively philosophy" argument is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

For the offense to be significantly better, the OL simply has be be a lot better & the QB play has to be a lot more consistent.

I agree that part of that should include some upgrades through the portal. I think the next 3 games will go a long way in telling us about the QB situation going in to next year.

Reactions: Upg bobcat
Ummmm….the DL will be fine. You do realize we played 3 of the top 10 rushing teams in the country.

I would say the defense is a little better, the linebackers are better, the wide receivers have improved, and cv is better than Phil.

But no major improvements. Just a disappointing year on every level.

Reactions: Pittparade
I think most understand our offensive line is either injured or young.

QB is definitely better and the TE is being used now which is better.

Nate Temple actually played a good game against the run on Saturday and did get a sack. There has been some improvement. The OL has been hit with injuries and now they are a young group. It's a young team with a young QB. The LBs will be a strength next year and with Coach Partridge there will be development on the DL. The offense scheme and OC has to get figured out in the off season. This team can be good next season.

I’m aware and wasn’t trying to be deceptive. When you can’t score many points it becomes even more critical to prevent them. So just another case of his stubbornness, unwillingness or inability to adapt to situations.
I guess you won't complain when he uses TOs on defense in the future like many here do.

I guess you won't complain when he uses TOs on defense in the future like many here do.
It depends on the reason for the TO. Clearly the defense was caught offguard by the tackle eligible alignment. That confusion resulted in a busted coverage and a TD in what at the time was a close game. The coaches need to catch that, and someone in the secondary needs to recognise that and call TO. Giving up a TD to save a TO is dumb.

As for the team improving (I know--jivecat's assertion not yours), I would hope the team has improved over the season. The problem is that everyone else has improved too. They just improved more!

Pitt does have some talented players. Some of the coaches have shown capability in the past. But you are what your record says you are. Pitt is a 2-7 team. So that means the coaching isn't good enough to overcome the talent deficiencies, or the talent isn't good enough to overcome the coaching deficiencies. Or both. Both need to improve a lot to flip the script on a losing record for next season.

It depends on the reason for the TO. Clearly the defense was caught offguard by the tackle eligible alignment. That confusion resulted in a busted coverage and a TD in what at the time was a close game. The coaches need to catch that, and someone in the secondary needs to recognise that and call TO. Giving up a TD to save a TO is dumb.
How do we as fans know that all defensive TOs aren't warranted? I would assume that they aren't called without significant justification. Yet many here complain about them.

How do we as fans know that all defensive TOs aren't warranted? I would assume that they aren't called without significant justification. Yet many here complain about them.
Since I'm smarter than everyone, I do know! 🙂
To be fair you have a good point. But timeouts for not having the correct number of players on the field and similar stuff ups should be minimised. TOs due to wrong personnel groupings to cover a specific formation like what happened last week should be called.
Timeouts are less important when your team has the lead late in the game. Scoring more than seven points makes having a lead more likely.

Since I'm smarter than everyone, I do know! 🙂
To be fair you have a good point. But timeouts for not having the correct number of players on the field and similar stuff ups should be minimised. TOs due to wrong personnel groupings to cover a specific formation like what happened last week should be called.
Timeouts are less important when your team has the lead late in the game. Scoring more than seven points makes having a lead more likely.
For sure, player count based timeouts should never happen. But when 10 players are on the field, a TO is appropriate.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT