ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt men’s soccer ranked No. 1 in ACC coaches poll

I’m holding you responsible! Because you’re wrong about just about everything, we should have known the day you pronounced Pitt the Alabama of men’s soccer that this season was going to be a big disappointment.

we are not Alabama. At this point we are not even the Pitt soccer of last year. Let’s hope “we are Marshall”.
To qualify as the Alabama of anything, don’t you have to actually win multiple national championships, compete every year for a NC, and have the top recruiting class too?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
To qualify as the Alabama of anything, don’t you have to actually win multiple national championships, compete every year for a NC, and have the top recruiting class too?

Nope, I meant it to mean we have the best players. I can't help it a lot of you have intellectual disabilities.

nope, just need to start the season at 4-3, just like Alabama is famous for doing all the time

Nope, I meant it to mean we have the best players. I can't help it a lot of you have intellectual disabilities.
Watching you backtrack and fail to gaslight the board into believing you said something different than what you actually said is really cute.

Reactions: pittdan77
The worst thing about this entire thread is that in a strange way, I think I kinda felt myself rooting against the Pitt Men's Soccer team so that I could see how SMF would react. I regret that.

So ... the team has a big game on Saturday at #2 Clemson. Let's hope for a win, even if it means SMF takes another victory lap. If we lose at go 4-4, we could fall out of the top 25 which would be unfortunate.

Pitt needs to find a way to make the tournament at this point. at 4-3 they are on the outside at this point. Ladies soccer has a better shot at this point.

Pitt needs to find a way to make the tournament at this point. at 4-3 they are on the outside at this point. Ladies soccer has a better shot at this point.
Ladies haven’t played FSU, UNC, Wake, Duke, NC State, Miami or VT yet. They have a huge uphill battle themselves with already losing to Clemson. Everyone is getting better, even Miami is getting better. The women are still not there yet, but getting better.

Fun Fact: You're a poor communicator.

Funner Fact: Your poor communication skills have NOTHING to do with any other poster's intellectual abilities.

A lot of you simply aren't very intelligent. When I say Pitt is Alabama, it doesn't take much sense to realize that I mean we have the best talent. 2 years ago, we were blown out in the Round of 32 so I obviously didnt mean we were some historic soccer dynasty.

I stand by what I said. Pitt has the most talent in college soccer (well when Jasper Loefflesand in on the field) but lost 2 road games on stupid mistakes against teams they were better than. They were legitimately outplayed by perennial power Wake Forest but on the road without Jasper, that was always going to be tough

A lot of you simply aren't very intelligent. When I say Pitt is Alabama, it doesn't take much sense to realize that I mean we have the best talent. 2 years ago, we were blown out in the Round of 32 so I obviously didnt mean we were some historic soccer dynasty.

I stand by what I said. Pitt has the most talent in college soccer (well when Jasper Loefflesand in on the field) but lost 2 road games on stupid mistakes against teams they were better than. They were legitimately outplayed by perennial power Wake Forest but on the road without Jasper, that was always going to be tough
We are Alabama now. I know you guys don't want to believe it but its true. NC or Bust

if Pitt was the most talented team in the country (Like Bama) they’d have depth to withstand an injury. Another L for SMF.

Hey guys, Pitt soccer is now the 2000s New England Patriots.

Not like the Decades spanning dynasty they are known for, but because they also once had pizza waiting in the locker room after the game. If you thought I was referencing what they are well known for, then you are an idiot.

i have no historical biases or favoring anyone in these dumb arguments. but it just wasn't the best analogy - it's not a crime. no need to quadruple down on it. can we please move and an actually discuss the team instead of y'all arguing over something stupid?

There is no way, and I mean literally none, that if the tournament was being selected today that the 15th ranked team in the country would miss out.

Similarly, there is very little chance that the team that is tied for 36th in the country would be in. Or even close to it.

Reactions: FireballZ
Alabama over #2 Clemson. 2-0. And without Jasper Loefflesand. That's now 2 wins over teams that were ranked in the Top 5 when the game was played

Since I'm so intellectually challenged (allegedly), is it normal for "Alabama" to need 2 OT's to beat a 0.500 team?

You are grasping at straws here now, complaining about games Pitt wins. You don't understand the sport. Pitt was the better team. Pitt won the game against a very good team who is 23rd in the RPI.

I wasn't the person who claimed Pitt would dominate and can't quite explain himself over that claim.

I don't know how many times I have to tell you that you don't understand the sport of soccer. I said Pitt had the best team, the best talent and I am right. In soccer, sometimes the best team doesn't win given the low scoring nature or wins close games that you are now complaining about. I cant believe I have to do this with you time after time. Its like I am explaining this to a 5 year old. Please be smarter.

"Alabama" soccer beats #3 Duke without the #1 player in the nation (Petkovic). Meanwhile Alabama football loses. I guess that proves Alabama football does not have the best players or the best team to the intellectually disabled because you know, the best team NEVER loses.

"Alabama" soccer beats #3 Duke without the #1 player in the nation (Petkovic). Meanwhile Alabama football loses. I guess that proves Alabama football does not have the best players or the best team to the intellectually disabled because you know, the best team NEVER loses.
We are Alabama now. I know you guys don't want to believe it but its true. NC or Bust
Don't be so hard on yourself. You're wrong every day. You're the one who compared the soccer team to Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT