ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt men’s soccer ranked No. 1 in ACC coaches poll

That must be it, your tiny brain doesn't get that "a bunch of dudes running around kicking a ball", don't have the total control over the ball that guys using their hands do, so there's way more chance that the odd bounce here or there doesn't go the way of the TALENT.
The highest salaried and most talented soccer teams have arguably the highest winning percentages in professional sports, that alone shows how dumb your argument is. The L is over there, make sure to grab it on your way out.

The highest salaried and most talented soccer teams have arguably the highest winning percentages in professional sports, that alone shows how dumb your argument is. The L is over there, make sure to grab it on your way out.

You cant compare American sports to soccer. There is no salary cap in Euro soccer. The top 5 spend more than the bottom 15 combined. The talent disparity is too great to produce randomized results over 38 games.

You cant compare American sports to soccer. There is no salary cap in Euro soccer. The top 5 spend more than the bottom 15 combined. The talent disparity is too great to produce randomized results over 38 games.
Wait, so talent does mean something? You're really confusing those of us that look for some kind of consistency in a message.

Wait, so talent does mean something? You're really confusing those of us that look for some kind of consistency in a message.
It does, but a last place team in EPL or a LOWER division English team can still beat Liverpool or Man City on luck alone, Mercer or Bethune-Cookman is never beating Alabama by a lucky bounce.

It does, but a last place team in EPL or a LOWER division English team can still beat Liverpool or Man City on luck alone, Mercer or Bethune-Cookman is never beating Alabama by a lucky bounce.

there are only 20 teams in the premier league. bethune cookman - let's be generous and say they're the 120th best team in the country. there are 4 tiers in english football. that'd be like a non-professional team beating bama.

in your analogy, that would be like arkansas beating bama.

Reactions: pittdan77
Pitt beat WVU in 2007. I feel like that's more comparable. Upsets happen all the time. Soccer isn't exactly special that way.
You just don't get it? Did you watch Pitt vs Penn State soccer last night? Pitt controlled possession like 80% of the time, had all the best chances, yet only wins 1-0. Penn State was thoroughly dominated, yet one or two fluke plays and they could change that outcome. That game was the equivelant of a football team passing for 400 yards, rushing for 300, holding the opponent to 50 yards total offense and 5 turnovers and winning 7-6.

No use arguing about it, we won't agree, I'm right and you're just trolling the end.

You just don't get it? Did you watch Pitt vs Penn State soccer last night? Pitt controlled possession like 80% of the time, had all the best chances, yet only wins 1-0. Penn State was thoroughly dominated, yet one or two fluke plays and they could change that outcome. That game was the equivelant of a football team passing for 400 yards, rushing for 300, holding the opponent to 50 yards total offense and 5 turnovers and winning 7-6.

No use arguing about it, we won't agree, I'm right and you're just trolling the end.
I'm trolling the other turd.

Just a bit of advice to the soccer guys. You keep telling us how different your game is and how normal ideas of sports don't apply. It does a huge disservice to your game. It's almost like the craft beer guys. You want us to think there's something everyone else is missing about your favorite thing but it's really just an acquired taste. I watch EPL games on Sundays. I find them enjoyable when I have nothing else interesting to watch. I know there are nuances a guy like me misses but it's not overly complicated. Still a sport. Upsets happen.

Pitt beat WVU in 2007. I feel like that's more comparable. Upsets happen all the time. Soccer isn't exactly special that way.

Good lord. Pitt and WVU weren't even that far apart on talent that year. WVU won on scheme and a fast QB. Both had rosters full of 2 and 3 star players with the occasional 4 star. Both put a similar amount of players in the NFL. The difference between the top of the EPL and the bottom is like the top of the SEC and the bottom of the Sun Belt. The talent gap is massive. You don't understand it because you don't know anything about soccer.

So after five pages can we all now agree based on what you said in this post the Alabama comparison was absolutely terrible as many people pointed out on page 1?

Not necessarily. I meant it to mean we have the best players and should expect a NC because of that but people are totally clueless about the nature of soccer and maybe I didn't account for that. They didn't realize its much easier for "Alabama" to get beat in soccer than in football.

Good lord. Pitt and WVU weren't even that far apart on talent that year. WVU won on scheme and a fast QB. Both had rosters full of 2 and 3 star players with the occasional 4 star. Both put a similar amount of players in the NFL. The difference between the top of the EPL and the bottom is like the top of the SEC and the bottom of the Sun Belt. The talent gap is massive. You don't understand it because you don't know anything about soccer.
So we're back to talent mattering. I don't think I need to understand soccer as much as I need to understand why you keep going back and forth.

We are Alabama now. I know you guys don't want to believe it but its true. NC or Bust
So Pitt is a lock to win the NC again because the talent is so much better. Got it.

CORRECTION: "today's" position...
Man, you weren't kidding.

Not necessarily. I meant it to mean we have the best players and should expect a NC because of that but people are totally clueless about the nature of soccer and maybe I didn't account for that. They didn't realize its much easier for "Alabama" to get beat in soccer than in football.
So your comparison was terrible and you are absolutely incapable of presenting a consistent argument from post to post. Got it.

Reactions: pittdan77
So we're back to talent mattering. I don't think I need to understand soccer as much as I need to understand why you keep going back and forth.

So Pitt is a lock to win the NC again because the talent is so much better. Got it.

Man, you weren't kidding.

I dont know why this is so hard for you. Of course talent matters. But in soccer more than any other sport, luck and randomness play a bigger part. We told you that you can crush a team with 80% possession, 20 shots on goal but lose a game 1-0 on the other team's 1 shot. That's happened. So, yes, talent matters.

You keep thinking you are tripping me up but I have been consistent this entire time.

Pitt - most talent, should expect the most taleng to win the NC, season not a failure if we don't because of the randomness of soccer results

What no one is mentioning is the best teams in the EPL win every year because there are no playoffs. If Pitt soccer is really Alabama, then they will roll through the regular season and have the best record in the end. If this were the EPL, that accomplishment of accumulating the most wins would grant them the national title. But Pitt soccer has already lost to two games. So they’re not Alabama.

What no one is mentioning is the best teams in the EPL win every year because there are no playoffs. If Pitt soccer is really Alabama, then they will roll through the regular season and have the best record in the end. If this were the EPL, that accomplishment of accumulating the most wins would grant them the national title. But Pitt soccer has already lost to two games. So they’re not Alabama.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Right but even the top EPL teams lose to minnows once in awhile. Its soccer. It happens.

I dont know why this is so hard for you. Of course talent matters. But in soccer more than any other sport, luck and randomness play a bigger part. We told you that you can crush a team with 80% possession, 20 shots on goal but lose a game 1-0 on the other team's 1 shot. That's happened. So, yes, talent matters.

You keep thinking you are tripping me up but I have been consistent this entire time.

Pitt - most talent, should expect the most taleng to win the NC, season not a failure if we don't because of the randomness of soccer results
We are Alabama now. I know you guys don't want to believe it but its true. NC or Bust

Sure buddy, you're consistent all right. NC or Bust!

"But in soccer more than any other sport, luck and randomness play a bigger part."

I don't know how anyone who watches soccer at all would not agree with this?

Sure buddy, you're consistent all right. NC or Bust!

Exactly. I can't help you are not smart enough to understand. We have the best players so we should expect a NC. However having the best players means less in soccer than any other sport, especially in a 5 game single elimination tournament.

Exactly. I can't help you are not smart enough to understand. We have the best players so we should expect a NC. However having the best players means less in soccer than any other sport, especially in a 5 game single elimination tournament.
Pitt - most talent, should expect the most taleng to win the NC, season not a failure
Just going to keep wavering back and forth?

I understand everything I need to know about soccer. You can't seem to understand that you've modified your story 20 different times in this thread and it's hilarious.

Except I didn't. I have said the same thing all along. You aren't smart enough to understand that different words often can have the same meaning. I cannot use literally the same exact words every time just because you have a low IQ. Be smarter.

No Jasper Loefflesand. Best outside back in the country. Still a good team without him but not "Alabama"
I’m holding you responsible! Because you’re wrong about just about everything, we should have known the day you pronounced Pitt the Alabama of men’s soccer that this season was going to be a big disappointment.

we are not Alabama. At this point we are not even the Pitt soccer of last year. Let’s hope “we are Marshall”.

I’m holding you responsible! Because you’re wrong about just about everything, we should have known the day you pronounced Pitt the Alabama of men’s soccer that this season was going to be a big disappointment.

we are not Alabama. At this point we are not even the Pitt soccer of last year. Let’s hope “we are Marshall”.
Alabama just reloads if a player is hurt

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT