ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Clemson Gamethread

He was trying to get his 5th year guy a TD. No issue with it. Pitt did what they needed to.

Yeah I have no problem with that at all, coaches do that in that situation all the time. Pitt had some 1st string defensive guys in there against Clemson’s 4th stringers and did what they should do in stuffing them on the goal line.

Well. Let's win the 4Q and have some positive NRG going into next week.
LMAO. Lost the 4th Q to the walk-on end of the Clemson bench and a couple equipment managers they put in pads and snuck in there on us.

You know you got curb stomped when Dabo’s kid plays the whole 4th Q.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Agreed as was going for another TD at the end

ASSHOLES

I would like to say remember it Pitt

payback

but that’s not happening anytime soon

You have got to be kidding with this, it’s frigging Senior Day. Narduzzi would’ve done the exact same thing.

I thought it was more embarrassing that we had 1st string guys on defense in there against Clemson’s equipment managers and assorted walk ons.

Would have been way, way more humiliating had they knelt on the ball at the one foot line.

Wow, yeah, was several minutes behind due to pausing to go get my pizzas. Swinney going for it with a 35 pt lead and 40 seconds to go in the game. What a douche move.

I watch plenty of games

I bet the same people saying it’s ok to try to score with 00:40 left up 30 also agree with trump useless recounts

Internet tough guys

Reactions: 303vND and PerchMan
I watch plenty of games

I bet the same people saying it’s ok to try to score with 00:40 left up 30 also agree with trump useless recounts

Internet tough guys

Your a moron talking out your ass.

Dabo had 3rd stringers in there. He was trying to get a 5th year senior a TD as a thank you for all the hard work he put in. If it was Ettine, then you would have a point, but it was not him but a former walk on from a local school. Pitt stepped up and did what they had to do.

I watch plenty of games

Internet tough guys
Dabo could have hung 72 on us without breaking a sweat. He emptied his bench early and often and gave all of kids a chance to play and have some fun. His own son who isn’t even D3 level played most of the 4th Q. Pitt is a pimple on Dabo’s ass and he doesn’t care enough about it to deliberately run up the score.

Some of you guys really see things through a distorted lens. It isn’t all the world against Pitt all the time. Sadly, the state of this program for the past 30 plus years has rendered it almost completely irrelevant to anyone outside of the state of PA.

Last edited:
Your a moron talking out your ass.

Dabo had 3rd stringers in there. He was trying to get a 5th year senior a TD as a thank you for all the hard work he put in. If it was Ettine, then you would have a point, but it was not him but a former walk on from a local school. Pitt stepped up and did what they had to do.
And why as a Pitt fan would I give a shit about his 5th year pine rider finally getting a TD on senior day?

seriously... you can’t be for real... as I said you can find plenty of examples of teams taking a knee there.... ND did it this season for crissakes.

Pitt made the stop and good for them . But I’ll never run to defend someone being a dickhead “just because “.... give me a break on the 5th yr senior shit. Boo Hoo he never got to score. Please.

Reactions: PerchMan
And why as a Pitt fan would I give a shit about his 5th year pine rider finally getting a TD on senior day?

seriously... you can’t be for real... as I said you can find plenty of examples of teams taking a knee there.... ND did it this season for crissakes.

Pitt made the stop and good for them . But I’ll never run to defend someone being a dickhead “just because “.... give me a break on the 5th yr senior shit. Boo Hoo he never got to score. Please.
And why would Dabo as a coach give a $hit about ruffling a Pitt fan’s feathers over trying to show a little love on SENIOR DAY to a walk on kid he has coached and mentored for 5 years, who has sacrificed a shit ton of his own time and energy from childhood on just to be part of his college football team?

If you don’t understand, it’s because you didn’t play at any competitive level. I suspect that intellectually you actually do understand. But you’re a miserable fan of a perpetually disappointing team and you need to find a reason, no matter how small lot petty, to redirect your anger and negativity away from your own team and onto something else. The refs, the opposing coach, etc.

Reactions: Mikefln
And why would Dabo as a coach give a $hit about ruffling a Pitt fan’s feathers over trying to show a little love on SENIOR DAY to a walk on kid he has coached and mentored for 5 years, who has sacrificed a shit ton of his own time and energy from childhood on just to be part of his college football team?

If you don’t understand, it’s because you didn’t play at any competitive level. I suspect that intellectually you actually do understand. But you’re a miserable fan of a perpetually disappointing team and you need to find a reason, no matter how small lot petty, to redirect your anger and negativity away from your own team and onto something else. The refs, the opposing coach, etc.
LOL

you’re so full of shit.
Again if I’m so miserable or off base why do teams regularly take a knee?

it’s got Jack shit to do with being competitive

the competition was long over ...hence the point.
And I said nothing about the refs whatsoever at any point today at all. Pitt played like shit and gave the game away taking any chances of being competitive within the first 10 minutes.
I’m very much a realist.... nor am I nor was I “angry”... but going for more points anyway you cut it looks classless. That’s all. Pitt stopped it and again... good for them. All the projection and speculation you wrote though is complete nonsense.

LOL

you’re so full of shit.
Again if I’m so miserable or off base why do teams regularly take a knee?

it’s got Jack shit to do with being competitive

the competition was long over ...hence the point.
And I said nothing about the refs whatsoever at any point today at all. Pitt played like shit and gave the game away taking any chances of being competitive within the first 10 minutes.
I’m very much a realist.... nor am I nor was I “angry”... but going for more points anyway you cut it looks classless. That’s all. Pitt stopped it and again... good for them. All the projection and speculation you wrote though is complete nonsense.
I overestimated you. You really don’t get it.

1. 5th year walk-on player-huge personal sacrifice for no scholly..
2. SENIOR DAY-his last home game ever in his last year of football ever. Family in the stands hoping they get to see their guy score one YD in his career.
3. Showing the kid some appreciation for his effort and sacrifice by just giving him one chance to carry the ball one time behind a 3rd string O line in a goal line situation.

How is that in any way, shape or form a dick move?

If the objective was to score, Dabo could hand easily made that happen.

And if it had been senior day and at ND when we played them, you would have seen the exact same thing you saw today.

Reactions: Mikefln
Thebadby2 said it perfectly. Druid you clearly do not understand the difference between mid season (ND) and senior day.

Stop just stop
as I pointed out it didn’t even matter... you have obviously watched Rudy one too many times

I watch plenty of games

Internet tough guys

Geez, I can’t ever remember trying to make a point on a sports forum by whining about how much Obama sucked. How sad and pathetic.

Cmon man, you have some good points from time to time, you’re better than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT