ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Clemson Gamethread

That's the thing with Picket. Hard to tell how he will do in a NFL setting - but the better coaching/scheme, better OL, and better WR/TE sure have a chance to help elevate his game. Instead of all those making his job harder, they will actually help him to do his part.

No question the support cast sucks. But he has Bad footwork, panics, locking in on one receiver. Better supporting cast will not help that.

There have been many reasons for the interceptions today, but one constant is that all of the Clemson defenders, especially to defensive backs were facing the line of scrimmage. That is what superior athletes and coaching gets you. Again, I know it is a lot about the personnel, but on those quick outs would our corners even be in position to make the interception or would they be looking at the receiver instead of the ball?

H2P

There have been many reasons for the interceptions today, but one constant is that all of the Clemson defenders, especially to defensive backs were facing the line of scrimmage. That is what superior athletes and coaching gets you. Again, I know it is a lot about the personnel, but on those quick outs would our corners even be in position to make the interception or would they be looking at the receiver instead of the ball?

H2P
When your Oline cant win consistently you dont need great athletes to cover.

lol...clemson going for it on 4th down, up 30 points in the 4th quarter...they sure are determined to rub our noses in it

What are they supposed to do, punt from the 15 yard line? Had he kicked a FG up 28 in the 4th people would’ve bitched about that as much or more.

Yes it is #3 Clemson but this should never happen in a HC's 6th year. Have some respectability for goodness sake.

Reactions: BillyWestFan
Kudos to Hamlin. Kid has stuck with the team and played hard. He’s had a decent game today and probably helped his draft stock
I thought he was going to either be a bust or never play because of injury due to being so skinny.

He's worked hard for everything. Hope he has a great career on sundays.

Duzz failure has been hiring back to back turds for OCs. He had the formula with Canada and went back to old school fossils. The D has improved enough for the team to win more than they have but the offense has been down right putrid

This board went absolutely ape shit when we hired Canada. Said NCSt fired him and he sucked. Anyone on this board remembers this. He was a fantastic hire.

KP seems like another Rutherford, Palko, Gonzalez, Peterman type. He'll play 4-5 years as a deep back-up in the NFL and get his pension without all the abuse. He's a typical Pitt QB. He's ok but nothing great. If he had better tools he wouldn't be here. He's better than most Pitt fans give him credit for. For whatever reason, our fan base is really tough on QB's.

This board went absolutely ape shit when we hired Canada. Said NCSt fired him and he sucked. Anyone on this board remembers this. He was a fantastic hire.
I remember him being booed off the field in half his games here. He always got conservative in the second half. He lost us as msny games as he won for us. He might be the most overrated person in the program's history.

I remember him being booed off the field in half his games here. He always got conservative in the second half. He lost us as msny games as he won for us. He might be the most overrated person in the program's history.

Well that is true for sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT