ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Miami Gamethread

This isn’t exactly something that takes a vast amount of knowledge. You can clearly see balls floating in the air for way too long. Yellen wasn’t bad but he had very poor touch on his passes.

Are you serious? he threw the first touch pass we had all season.

Reactions: Millerton
You clearly are a family member of Beville’s. Yellen was fine. I am encouraged for the future actually.
And you (like myself) are clearly a lifelong Pitt fan. So accustomed to mediocrity and poor play you’re encouraged by the future after that..... wow. I’d feel really good if Yellen is our backup next season, he is not the answer at QB though.

Ahh, you’re one of the Pickett haters. Shame you still can’t realize what we had in Kenny.

Definitely agree Pitt would’ve been more productive on offense today with a healthy Pickett. However if given the choice between an immobile Pickett or Yellen I take Yellen every time.

Without the threat of the run or escaping the pocket Pickett isn’t nearly as effective.

Yellen is limited physically. He strikes me as a classic Air Raid QB.

At the same time, I like Yellen’s pocket presence. He has a much better feel for how to move in the pocket to buy time for throws to open up downfield compared to KP. Yellen doesn’t just panic at the slightest movement.

I don’t hate Kenny. He just throws the ball as hard as he can all the time.
A lot of times you need to. You can’t just float passes up in the air for 5 seconds in the middle of the field. He throws a good deep ball though as well.... with good touch. Yellen continuously under threw guys in those situations.

Despite Yellen giving us a better shot than I thought he would, it still became more clear how much better Pickett is than anyone else on the roster.

Definitely agree Pitt would’ve been more productive on offense today with a healthy Pickett. However if given the choice between an immobile Pickett or Yellen I take Yellen every time.

Without the threat of the run or escaping the pocket Pickett isn’t nearly as effective.
I can see that argument. On the other side of it though, Yellen is as limited as an injured Pickett. So if you’re asking who I’d rather have as a passer, it’s still Pickett. But, you are right Pickett isn’t nearly as effective without being able to pose a threat as a runner. So I don’t necessarily disagree.

Narduzzi says we should stick to pointing the finger at him. Trust me coach... we are.

Poor play calling. Poor recruiting QBs, RBs OL and TEs on offense. Poor adjustment. All on you.

Meanwhile an impressive Coach Hafley was just interviewed on ACC network (someone who Pitt let slip away as a potential new HC) where he was talking about his talented QB (a player he found in the Pittsburgh area that the Pitt staff missed on landing) . How different would this team be with Jurkovic -possibly undefeated through today.

Kessman was 4/4 on field goals today. The long was 36 yards. Others were 33-, 24- and 30-yards. So drives got to the 18, 15, 6 & 12, give or take a yard, and couldn't get into the EZ. The TD drive was one-play, one-yard.

We can't score TDs.

26 rushes for 22 yards total but yet we had 10 penalties for 89 yards, awesome Pat.

I wonder if anyone will bitch about not being ranked higher this week.

e
Kessman was 4/4 on field goals today. The long was 36 yards. Others were 33-, 24- and 30-yards. So drives got to the 18, 15, 6 & 12, give or take a yard, and couldn't get into the EZ. The TD drive was one-play, one-yard.

We can't score TDs.

26 rushes for 22 yards total but yet we had 10 penalties for 89 yards, awesome Pat.

I wonder if anyone will bitch about not being ranked higher this week.
Pitt had 4 field goals and 1 td; Miami had 4 td’s and 1 field goal. That was the game in a nutshell.

And you (like myself) are clearly a lifelong Pitt fan. So accustomed to mediocrity and poor play you’re encouraged by the future after that..... wow. I’d feel really good if Yellen is our backup next season, he is not the answer at QB though.

He isn't the answer but he is the best answer we have right now.

I can see that argument. On the other side of it though, Yellen is as limited as an injured Pickett. So if you’re asking who I’d rather have as a passer, it’s still Pickett. But, you are right Pickett isn’t nearly as effective without being able to pose a threat as a runner. So I don’t necessarily disagree.
What? Pickett sucks. Completely sucks. 2 sophomore QBs Jurkovec last week and Yellen this week are already at his level.

How high are you right now?

2 Sophomore QBs who at least attempt to go through their reads and side step rush to throw the ball. I've seen Jurkovec do That last week and last night. Yellen did it this week. That alone makes them better than Pickett who has happy feet and panics if his 1st read is covered.

Picket does not suck. He is as good as or better than Tino and Stull

Stull junior year he is better, Stull senior year he is not even close to being that good. Tino junior year he is better (but that offense was a horrible fit for Tino), Tino's senior year Tino was way better.

Pickett had stability in the staff, Tino had anything but as he had 3 HCs and 4 OCs during his time here. Way better QBs then Tino would have struggled with that lack of stability.

2 Sophomore QBs who at least attempt to go through their reads and side step rush to throw the ball. I've seen Jurkovec do That last week and last night. Yellen did it this week. That alone makes them better than Pickett who has happy feet and panics if his 1st read is covered.
Yellen also got sacked a couple times because he’s too slow to even get outside the pocket to throw the ball away. He lobbed half his passes in the air for what seemed like an eternity..... right into the middle of the field, defenses will have a field day with that if it continues. He threw off his back foot several times. He underthrew multiple deep balls.

Pickett throws a much better ball and is obviously a far superior athlete. You can’t just float balls behind your receivers and be successful. Yellen lucked out a lot on Saturday, if he can manage to fix that I’d feel better about him. The underthrown deep balls happen, with more reps he’ll get the timing down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT