ADVERTISEMENT

Raines Decision Date

Hopefully Pitt makes up some ground. Seems to be favoring WVU. According to folks in the know

Reactions: EERS 2 Ya
Hopefully Pitt makes up some ground. Seems to be favoring WVU. According to folks in the know

Who are those people?

He'a seen Pitt 2 times in the last 4 weeks. When is the last time he went to wvu? I honestly don't know that answer.

In the past, for the big local recruits, Narduzzi would send out all kinds of twitter pics of the player in front of the city and the like. Haven't seen it in this case.

Aside from one kid in the past, all Quips go to Pitt. Narduzzi losing this recruiting battle would be a big blow.

Not to mention Raines and Pugh are super tight.

Last edited:
Wvu is feeling really good about getting him.Personally I think he should state home and play for Pitt but I'd be elated if he chose Wvu.In the Big 12 you need all the athletes you can get in the secondary and at linebacker.Gibby is throwing ever thing has at Raines but will it be enough?Narduzzi must get him.If Narduzzi doesn't land him his recruiting will really be in the gutter in the eyes of alums and fans.

Narduzzi doesn't have the easiest situation when it comes to recruiting top players.His hands are tied in the reruiting game in some areas.Stan are you cutting on my head coaches at WVU with your comment about drunks in a bar?

Isn't WV losing at least 5 Sr DBs while Pitt is very young in the Secondary?

PITT is relatively young in the secondary. Maddox is graduating and Whitehead may opt to try his luck in the NFL draft. There's certainly room for Raines to find early playing time.

Narduzzi doesn't have the easiest situation when it comes to recruiting top players.His hands are tied in the reruiting game in some areas.Stan are you cutting on my head coaches at WVU with your comment about drunks in a bar?

He is an ass that has 7 messages all of them anti-Pitt some how. i would not take offense to him. He is a troll.

He is an ass that has 7 messages all of them anti-Pitt some how. i would not take offense to him. He is a troll.
He has a lot more than 7 messages altogether. He has had numerous names (aka Phil). He has been trolling for a long time. He gets removed and then comes back under a different name. He is like a cockroach, except cockroaches provide more to this world.

Do you mean Duzz can't pull in recruits like Darmar Hamlin, Paris Ford or A J Davis just to name a few

Reactions: PittMan2003

Do you mean Duzz can't pull in recruits like Darmar Hamlin, Paris Ford or A J Davis just to name a few

Problem is he's only getting 1 blue-blood level WPIAL recruit per year and 0 this year.

Reactions: pbrad
Losing potential secondary recruits from Aliquippa and Clariton in back to back years is crippling.

Although I think Raines would be an ideal fit for the olb spot in Duzz’s system.

Think how bad it is to be a pitt fan. We lost on local dB recruits because duzz came in when he was at MSU and showed how stupid our DC was. Now that he is at Pitt other schools are doing it to him.

We don’t get Raines we got problems. And flat out he will have to make changes to his staff.

Losing potential secondary recruits from Aliquippa and Clariton in back to back years is crippling.

Although I think Raines would be an ideal fit for the olb spot in Duzz’s system.

Think how bad it is to be a pitt fan. We lost on local dB recruits because duzz came in when he was at MSU and showed how stupid our DC was. Now that he is at Pitt other schools are doing it to him.

We don’t get Raines we got problems. And flat out he will have to make changes to his staff.
The problem isn't Chryst or Narduzzi. What do u think goes thru a recruits head when he visits a game at Heinz?

Cap,Sean is right one 4 star a year doesn't cut it in the recruiting world.Holgy is doing the same thing down here at Wvu and it's showing on the field.This is why Raines is a must for Pitt this year,he would be Narduzzi's first 4 star for 2018.

We need to start closing on some better recruits. Sure, WVU has a bunch of spots opening up but even with that, if we can't out-recruit WVU for this kid, we just flat out suck on the recruiting trail. Our football recruiting is actually worse than our BB, Soccer and wrestling recruiting. What's going on?

In the past, for the big local recruits, Narduzzi would send out all kinds of twitter pics of the player in front of the city and the like. Haven't seen it in this case.

Aside from one kid in the past, all Quips go to Pitt. Narduzzi losing this recruiting battle would be a big blow.

Not to mention Raines and Pugh are super tight.

Raines has been very low key throughout the process. Maybe Narduzzi realizes that Raines might not like the glitzy look-at-me approach and is keeping it quiet, perhaps even at his request.

What do you think goes through the minds of the Admin when they do go to games, knowing that they are not really trying to win? Everything starts at the top and rolls down hill.

The problem isn't Chryst or Narduzzi. What do u think goes thru a recruits head when he visits a game at Heinz?

Del not to be a Wvu Smarta$$ but what is Mr Ford majoring in?
He probably has twice the IQ of half the morons on wvu's team...See Pacman as ex. I A! Hell 75% of wvu's student body wouldn't gain admission at Pitt. The bottom half of HS graduating classes go to wvu. Sorry if that hurts but it's true. Mountain momma, take me home....

It's not far-fetched to say that most of the football players at most of the P5 schools would not gain admission to that school as a regular student.

Reactions: jup540
Del I will venture to say that the IQs of Pitt's football team and WVU's team are very similar.Pitt has a higher Academic ranking than Wvu that's for sure and your students have higher test scores.This is great but has nothing to do with athletics and the intelligence of athletes.Like Wvu has Pitt has admitted quite a few athletes with questionable academic achievements over the years.

Del so what you are saying is that Pitt has a higher admission standard than Wvu when it comes to athletes?

Del so what you are saying is that Pitt has a higher admission standard than Wvu when it comes to athletes?
Pitt and WVU, and the majority of NCAA D1 football programs, use the same damn admission standards. I'm not sure what major WVU uses for its guys to stay eligible(every school has one or two) but at Pitt they take criminal justice classes to keep their GPA up.

Ok, to be serious on the subject, my true belief is that there is a percentage(not all) of players who wvu recruits who Pitt wouldn't pursue because of their academic records and I believe that includes many juco players, a slew of which play for wvu. I believe Pitt has one juco(Lopes) on the entire roster. How many does wvu have on their roster?

Thanks h2p I assumed both universities used the same standards which are set by the ncaa.Del what about your TV celebrity from Last Chance U isn't he one of those stupid JC guys that your talking about?

"A" & "few" being the key words here. Narduzzi has grabbed a few highly rated recruits, as in 3 in 3 years - the rest has been riddled with 2 and 3 stars.

I believe Pitt has one juco(Lopes) on the entire roster. How many does wvu have on their roster?

Kam Carter and Allen Edwards are both JUCOs. We have another one coming in next year in Chase Brown and we tried to get his JUCO teammate but lost him to the Terps. Narduzzi has pursued JUCOs every year, although not as many as Holgerson. Holgy loves transfers.

Reactions: Hotshoe
H2p Holgy goes after JC kids out of necessity he just can't get enough good high school recruits to Motown.Speaking of Motown I have to go meet my wife at the Green Turtle have a good afternoon gentlemen.

H2p Holgy goes after JC kids out of necessity he just can't get enough good high school recruits to Motown.Speaking of Motown I have to go meet my wife at the Green Turtle have a good afternoon gentlemen.
I understand why Holgy does it. He's got a tough job. JUCOs and transfers from other schools are needed given some of the recruiting challenges he faces.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT