ADVERTISEMENT

Raines Decision Date

People are so dramatic about Pitt recruiting. "If Pitt doesn't get Raines it's over for Pitt and Narduzzi." I really want to get Raines, but one player isn't going to make or break this program. People need to take Aaron Rodgers' advice: R-E-L-A-X.

Essentially 1 out of the last 30 top kids in the State. 1-15 last year and this year.

Reactions: sherepower
Any coach will take a chance on most academically deficient kids if they are good enough and they can get away with it.. Anybody who believes otherwise is a fool. Certain schools like Stanford and ND may make it more difficult for their coaches, but left to their own devices the coaches will be very lenient if they think they've got someone who will help them win. And they will be more lenient if they are in a difficult situation.

Let's face it. Most of these coaches aren't looking at anything other than wins and losses. Period.

I don’t know?
What did Paris Ford, Hamlin, Garner all think?
Recruiting is about selling the future. Kids will come to Pitt if you convey the proper vision.
The vision that was sold is come return your hometown school to its glory years. Pitt will start winning and their hometown fans would get behind them.

Kam Carter and Allen Edwards are both JUCOs. We have another one coming in next year in Chase Brown and we tried to get his JUCO teammate but lost him to the Terps. Narduzzi has pursued JUCOs every year, although not as many as Holgerson. Holgy loves transfers.
Correct- forgot them. Thanks. In any event, Oitt has rarely gone the juicy route.

Thanks h2p I assumed both universities used the same standards which are set by the ncaa.Del what about your TV celebrity from Last Chance U isn't he one of those stupid JC guys that your talking about?
You are correct... as the other poster noted I also forgot Allen Edwards. Now how many juncos are on wvu's roster?

Wvu has about 20 JC players on the roster at this time.They have 5 from Lackawanna,Pa right now on the team.This is why it's difficult to rank Holgys recruiting every year.I wish he'd just get HS kids but his thing is Junior College players and a few transfers sprinkled in.But the word on the street is Raines is coming so we'll see if the rumor becomes reality.

Every crystal ball for Pitt has flipped to WVU on 247. Not a single prediction has him going to Pitt now.

My crystal ball has been saying for awhile now that he's not coming our way.

Quips to Pitt.

The kid is friends with Shell and cousins with Henry. There are no direct pipelines to any schools.

He's best friends with Pugh. What do you think Pugh is telling him right now about how Pitt transitions "tweeners"?

Also very similar sized kid that Pitt had no use for Kenny Robinson down there getting PT at WVU as a true freshman.

Narduzzi still has time, but this would be a major blow to the perception of Pitt.

Man, you just don't quit. Quips to Pitt has been a pipeline for a long time. You mention Henry then completely leave out Pugh who is super tight with Raines. PC and mostly Matt House completely bungled Henry's recruitment. That family did NOT like Matt House.

Excuses. Narduzzi needs to close this kid.

This is not some virginia kid that when VT beats us out, you and others say we cannot expect to beat them for a kid in their back yard.

Recruiting is not on a uptick.

The kid is friends with Shell and cousins with Henry. There are no direct pipelines to any schools.

Stache I choose the Green Turtle over your Primanti Brothere that evening.Just like I hope Raines chooses Wvu over Pitt but my gut says Pitt for him.

He's best friends with Pugh. What do you think Pugh is telling him right now about how Pitt transitions "tweeners"?

Also very similar sized kid that Pitt had no use for Kenny Robinson down there getting PT at WVU as a true freshman.

Narduzzi still has time, but this would be a major blow to the perception of Pitt.
Pugh was not even dressed last game, so maybe he is hurt or something else.

Did Pitt back off Robinson or was it the other way around?

Pitt is always the punching dummy for someone in regards to perception anytime we lose a local recruit.

Man, you just don't quit. Quips to Pitt has been a pipeline for a long time. You mention Henry then completely leave out Pugh who is super tight with Raines. PC and mostly Matt House completely bungled Henry's recruitment. That family did NOT like Matt House.

Excuses. Narduzzi needs to close this kid.

This is not some virginia kid that when VT beats us out, you and others say we cannot expect to beat them for a kid in their back yard.

Recruiting is not on a uptick.
His family said they liked “the eye contact” Gibson made. WTF do u think that means? It is a business and there are no local freebies.

I agree he would be great to get. But, what offensive weapons do we have coming in is more of a concern?! A couple 4 star Off players would go a long way. Agree?

I agree he would be great to get. But, what offensive weapons do we have coming in is more of a concern?! A couple 4 star Off players would go a long way. Agree?

Agree. If we can’t get local stars from Aliquippa what stars can we get?

Reactions: kma0043
Beating two top 5 teams was delivering that to some degree, I thought

Clemson and who ???
Don't say PSU because PSU was unranked at the time and was actually a pretty poor football team.
Pitt, as I recall, was the favorite and nearly let a pretty good lead slip away. It was a nice win against an in-state opponent, but nobody outside of Pennsylvania gave a hoot about that game that day.

His family said they liked “the eye contact” Gibson made. WTF do u think that means? It is a business and there are no local freebies.

I am not hammering Duzz, but I heard directly from a family we recruited, Duzz didn't do a very good job with kid.

Clemson and who ???
Don't say PSU because PSU was unranked at the time and was actually a pretty poor football team.
Pitt, as I recall, was the favorite and nearly let a pretty good lead slip away. It was a nice win against an in-state opponent, but nobody outside of Pennsylvania gave a hoot about that game that day.

STFU nitter. PSU ended the season as a ranked team. Therefore it was a quality win that ended up keeping you enablers from getting a spot in the playoffs. LOL! 42-39 FOREVER!

And for "but nobody outside of Pennsylvania gave a hoot about that game that day" Every announcer and analyst says the game should be played every year, so nice try boy..:

And you won't make the playoffs this year either and I'll be home laughing watching your team lose against Michigan and Ohio State.

Beat it you little enabler...

Reactions: Pitt-Chains
Agree. If we can’t get local stars from Aliquippa what stars can we get?
Quite honestly, the true game changing recruit in the last couple classes that we lost was Jurkovec. That is the type of player that could turn an 8-5 type team into an 11-2 type team. These other kids are good players, but not someone like Jurkovec that would really move the needle.

Quite honestly, the true game changing recruit in the last couple classes that we lost was Jurkovec. That is the type of player that could turn an 8-5 type team into an 11-2 type team. These other kids are good players, but not someone like Jurkovec that would really move the needle.[/QUOTE I wonder how much of the Good factor played into him going to ND?

Its not just the fans. It's directed to the fact a kid will be more impressed by a "packed house" then a half empty one....and the admin refuses to tarp to help that appearance or find some wildly creative way to get the lower bowl completely full each game. You can laugh all you want, but this issue is one that consistently has been a part of PITT recruiting misses. It doesn't matter who the coach is if a kid wants to play in front of roaring crowd each week. Way easier to sell everything else. Really hard to sell something you can see first hand.

Blame the fans. LMAO

Reactions: Las Panteras
Its not just the fans. It's directed to the fact a kid will be more impressed by a "packed house" then a half empty one....and the admin refuses to tarp to help that appearance or find some wildly creative way to get the lower bowl completely full each game. You can laugh all you want, but this issue is one that consistently has been a part of PITT recruiting misses. It doesn't matter who the coach is if a kid wants to play in front of roaring crowd each week. Way easier to sell everything else. Really hard to sell something you can see first hand.

I don't believe most kids pick the school cause of a packed stadium, see Miami
. They go where they can win or a chance to win a lot of games , Pitt hasn't offered that in over 30 years , I blame the administrat.aion myself!

Starting to thinks it excuse making for Duzz and his staff as well.

Prior to this season PN has actually done really well outside of WPA recruiting. Out of the 7 4 star guys we have landed in his first two full classes 5 are from outside the area. I still believe a big part of the problem is local recruits have seen the TO and coaches leaving for other jobs. They figure if PN has any success he will leave. Add the OC leaving for the same job and they are probably correct. But I really believe this is causing a problem with local recruits. IF PN had brought in 3 or 4 local 4 stars the last few years those classes would have been really good

Prior to this season PN has actually done really well outside of WPA recruiting. Out of the 7 4 star guys we have landed in his first two full classes 5 are from outside the area. I still believe a big part of the problem is local recruits have seen the TO and coaches leaving for other jobs. They figure if PN has any success he will leave. Add the OC leaving for the same job and they are probably correct. But I really believe this is causing a problem with local recruits. IF PN had brought in 3 or 4 local 4 stars the last few years those classes would have been really good
The local recruits hear all the negativity. Then the atmosphere at the games reinforces this. The kids from out of state are not around the negativity as much. Sad but true.

People are so dramatic about Pitt recruiting. "If Pitt doesn't get Raines it's over for Pitt and Narduzzi." I really want to get Raines, but one player isn't going to make or break this program. People need to take Aaron Rodgers' advice: R-E-L-A-X.

Yes. And No. I am pretty vocal, and I don't like to do this, but I think Raines is overrated. I do. Sorry, the last 2 years, anytime a chance to watch Aliquippa, he doesn't stand out at all. His teammate stands out (Devonshire). Henry stood out. Pugh stood out. Tyler Boyd stood out. Wade stood out. Jurkovec stands out. Sanders stood out.

Now on the latter "make or break" the program. True, Raines definitely wouldn't.

But I heard that about Dravon Henry. Lamont Wade. Miles Sanders. Donovan Jeter. Josh Lugg. Robert Foster. CJ Thorpe. Phil friggin Jurkovec. Khaleke Hudson. How much better would the program be? Even if they got half of those kids? Hell, if they got 3 of them. That's the problem. Pitt doesn't have an inside track to many 4 star type talents in other areas, because it is a no longer a national name. But we can't even get 1 out of 4 of the top kids in our backyard.

That should be a HUGE red flag for the Administration, let alone the coaching staff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT