ADVERTISEMENT

"Some" light shed on the Tyler Sear situation

PSAC coaches from Clarion to Kutztown will be lining up for his services. We have to be the only team in history to lose 2 straight starting TEs to mental health issues

Stinks. I dont follow recruiting too closely and somehow had gotten the idea he might have been a former walk on or had not been much recruited, i didn't know of the previous commitment or other offers. I suppose that is more on me, but my assumption comes from how he looked and performed (which was not particularly noteworthy... more like a walk on, frankly). Though certainly ugly QB play and questionable OC has a role there, in the end it doesn't seem a huge loss, other than not having much else at the position, of course.

If there are deeper issues for him as this article suggests, than simply discontent over PT or touches etc., good luck to the guy.

Stinks. I dont follow recruiting too closely and somehow had gotten the idea he might have been a former walk on or had not been much recruited, i didn't know of the previous commitment or other offers. I suppose that is more on me, but my assumption comes from how he looked and performed (which was not particularly noteworthy... more like a walk on, frankly). Though certainly ugly QB play and questionable OC has a role there, in the end it doesn't seem a huge loss, other than not having much else at the position, of course.

If there are deeper issues for him as this article suggests, than simply discontent over PT or touches etc., good luck to the guy.

Might be me but I'm thinking he'd like to try to catch a pass or two instead of just being the sixth lineman.

Reactions: FreshCut
I should have added that while he appeared not to live up to even humble expectations, he also appeared to exceed 5 star Clark

Really, the people screaming about TE use are off base. The TEs have been featured at times over the past 3-4 years. The TEs this year, manly this guy, have not been good. We have thrown his way, he doesnt catch them. The only 'highlight' is him tackling his own player. Mental health issues are horrible, and I feel for the kid. But, this in no way means Narduzzi doesnt like TE's. That is insane. Coaches SHOULD play to a teams strength, and TE isnt that for us this year. To force throws to kids that arent going to make plays wont make any of us happy on this board.

Really, the people screaming about TE use are off base. The TEs have been featured at times over the past 3-4 years. The TEs this year, manly this guy, have not been good. We have thrown his way, he doesnt catch them. The only 'highlight' is him tackling his own player. Mental health issues are horrible, and I feel for the kid. But, this in no way means Narduzzi doesnt like TE's. That is insane. Coaches SHOULD play to a teams strength, and TE isnt that for us this year. To force throws to kids that arent going to make plays wont make any of us happy on this board.
There isn't a QB alive who refused to throw to a player on his own team who can catch the football.

Watson apparently doesn't like TEs. They are rarely involved in our sorry excuse for a passing game since he got here.

The original reporting by the Pittsburgh Sports Report seems like it sucked badly.

If there's all that talent amassed, it's really weird that Sear was even out there, right?

No, it isnt weird, since they all left the team or were dismissed.

The question was does he RECRUIT TE well. The answer was yes. Any statistician can see that. Retention of those TEs need some work of course. Now we will be lucky to get any TEs with the mass exodus and bad pub about the TE, but we have Holtz and Flanigan playing in the NFL, so it certainly isnt a valid criticism.

No, it isnt weird, since they all left the team or were dismissed.

The question was does he RECRUIT TE well. The answer was yes. Any statistician can see that. Retention of those TEs need some work of course. Now we will be lucky to get any TEs with the mass exodus and bad pub about the TE, but we have Holtz and Flanigan playing in the NFL, so it certainly isnt a valid criticism.

Okay. I guess I was going by the old board adage of "we'll see in four years".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT