ADVERTISEMENT

Some peterman highlights

Jun 5, 2014
Using his feet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPbpfh7JFV8

High School

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5g857wk-cY

He seems to have a strong arm. I think it will be a good race at QB this summer. I think Chad has the job, but Peterman will have his shot to take it.

No it won't. We have our starter. Peterman is insurance. That's why the coaches are bringing him in.

I agree that it's Chad's job to keep, but someone said Chaney likes to throw the deep ball - maybe we'll see who can do that better. In his highlight video, Peterman doesn't seem to throw many deep balls and Chad didn't throw many last season either.

No matter what, at least we'll have a decent upperclassman backup next season - which is critical with Trey leaving. Good job by the coaches to fix that problem.

I actually liked Trey as the backup, but I think he would have thrown as many INTs as TD passes - he was a gunslinger-type QB. Plus, at his size, Trey may not have lasted too long without getting dinged-up himself...

Go Pitt.

I don't see why it won't be an open competition at QB. The new OC has different likes/dislikes than the last staff, and he doesn't owe any current players anything. And the new OC recruited Peterman originally to UT, and then brought him in to Pitt, so he obviously thinks highly of him.

Many think, and hope, that L. Pitts will have to fight to retain the starting spot he's held for three straight years. Why would Voytik's spot be anymore secure than Pitts? I like Chad, and thought he progressed throughout the season, but certainly not well enough to think his spot is untouchable.

May the best man win.

I agree.

I mean, if you are Chad Voytik you will feel confident, as he should. But if the guy comes in and lights it up. His arm looks good, throws darts, then who knows.

I can see Chad getting a ton of rushing yards this coming year, if that one play from Tennessee is any indication of the system. btw, Knoxville loves our OC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT