ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game rosters

Am I reading into Holstein is 2nd string?

The players had a draft, and there were certain caveats (seniors and some other guys - such as o-linemen - were already places on teams, etc. Also lots of guys sitting this out.).

So not an official two-deep or anything, but you can usually discern a bit from these things, because the players aren't pulling any punches (i.e. drafting so and so before so and so just to be mindful of everyone's feelings).

So when they're taking very young guys and/or walk-ons over guys who were supposed to be (and still might be) on the two-deep this coming season, it might not be an ideal thing. And we had a few of those.

But regarding Holstein as the second best QB as of now probably isn't a bad thing. I wish they thought he was the best, in fact, because I'm not blown away by what I saw last season.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
The players had a draft, and there were certain caveats (seniors and some other guys - such as o-linemen - were already places on teams, etc. Also lots of guys sitting this out.).

So not an official two-deep or anything, but you can usually discern a bit from these things, because the players aren't pulling any punches (i.e. drafting so and so before so and so just to be mindful of everyone's feelings).

So when they're taking very young guys and/or walk-ons over guys who were supposed to be (and still might be) on the two-deep this coming season, it might not be an ideal thing. And we had a few of those.

But regarding Holstein as the second best QB as of now probably isn't a bad thing. I wish they thought he was the best, in fact, because I'm not blown away by what I saw last season.
yep

Am I reading into Holstein is 2nd string?
I think it was one of Peak's videos that mentioned Holstein was pushing for second string if he wasn't already.

I'd assume CV will be transferring somewhere he can play after this semester.

I think it was one of Peak's videos that mentioned Holstein was pushing for second string if he wasn't already.

I'd assume CV will be transferring somewhere he can play after this semester.

How did Cignetti so badly mis-evaluate the QB position and how did Narduzzi not know enough about the abilities of the QB's to step in?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT