ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers/ Belichicks

yeah Im sure they were the only team doing it WOLF.
come on son.
Steroids came to the Steelers via the University of South Carolina. If steroids were prevalent there of all places, how did they avoid the rest of the football world except the Steelers? People just have their favorite talking points and the alleged steroid advantage is one of them.

Reactions: BreakingPitt
I think wolf knows he was wrong.
Its cool.
I just want to see changes in the Steelers , unfortunatley next season now.
whatever ... we have nothing but time , right ?

The GM makes the roster
lol. So nothing is Tomlins fault mikes cheerleader comes to his defense again

Yeah I’m sure Mikey has no input on his coaching staff or draft decisions. He’s just a wall flower Your simping for Mikey T has become comical

I just can’t get over the fact that they looked so flat last week that their professionalism was questioned, multiple players alluded to the fact they weren’t prepared to play, and they still came out like that against a horrible team tonight.

It should’ve been the easiest job in the world to have these guys motivated for this game at home on national tv against a lousy opponent and make amends, and somehow they still came out even flatter than they were the week before.

It tells me Tomlin has lost this team, and I don’t think he’ll be able to get them back. They may come back and beat Indy next week, but with the blown opportunity of the last two weeks it’s not going to matter in the long run.
Even if we split the last four to finish 9-8, the issues are still glaring and it’d be another season that fell short on expectations. What especially stings about this season is that the AFC is the weakest it’s been in quite some time, perhaps since 2002.

Something to keep in mind is that, as it stands today, Tomlin has one year remaining on his contract. It makes you wonder if a team like Carolina or Washington would consider making a trade package for him. Just some food for thought.

Fear not, Mediocre Mike only has to win two more games to keep his streak going, and THAT is the standard.

Some people dont understand the importance of the Steelers in Pittsburgh if you dont live here.
Art2 is a deer in headlights.
Soo much of Pittsburgh's economy is tied into this team.
Mike Tomlin is steady ,,,cant afford to be worse.
BUT us as fans hate that.
You’re babbling

And yes , I live in the city of pittsburgh
And no- the steeelers aren’t an economic driver

Ironically both coaches are the longest tenured coaches in the league. Are both should be fired at years end. Change is good and both teams have gotten stale

Reactions: pittmeister
Soo this show was cool back then ?
You’re babbling

And yes , I live in the city of pittsburgh
And no- the steeelers aren’t an economic driver
you think I was talking to you ?
I speak freely.. anyways who cares
but thanks for letting me know sir

Last edited:
Fear not, Mediocre Mike only has to win two more games to keep his streak going, and THAT is the standard.
Captain .500. Is 3-10 against BB. The Pats put more points on the board last night than they did in their past three games combined.

Yeah I lost my $10 bet the under & a steeler rushing TD
I’m watching the PIAA state finals on sling
Aliquippa has gone beast mode
Quips 60 Dallas 14
Quips playing up 2 or 3 classes. Lindsay still not a LB. Better suited for offense. Heck of an athlete however.

Worth a note Tomlin shown giving a deservedly public earful to Pickens yet D. Johnson is policed by his peers in the room. Tomlin has internal issues that begin on (his) draft day. Doesn’t vetting include the between-the-ears stuff? Get players like McCaffrey and McConkey (next year) players who will run thru a wall for you like Hines Ward did. Sheesh.

Worth a note Tomlin shown giving a deservedly public earful to Pickens yet D. Johnson is policed by his peers in the room. Tomlin has internal issues that begin on (his) draft day. Doesn’t vetting include the between-the-ears stuff? Get players like McCaffrey and McConkey (next year) players who will run thru a wall for you like Hines Ward did. Sheesh.
One of the big raps on Pickens was he was a head case. We are seeing that in spades

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Watched an NFL produced piece on a rapper named Glorilla spending a day with Pickens. She’s a Steeler fan and listed her top 5 favorite Steelers of all time Hines Ward was one of them. She then asked him to list his top 5 and he said his was essentially the same. It was a really difficult thing to watch because they were both impossible to understand as they both butcher the English language. But I can’t imagine Pickens would give two $hits about Hines Ward if he walked into the locker room. And if Hines talked about the things that it takes to be great, Pickens would care even less.

I really want to like Pickens because his talents seem immeasurable, but it looks more like his lack of intangibles will prevent him from becoming anything. And players like him and DJ are supposedly the go to players for a developing QB like KP.

Reactions: pittbb80
:D :D :D

Listening to the Fan this morning with Starkey and Cook. One caller made mention to Starkey and his "Trubitsky Train" from before they signed him. This guy said, "I have the Tomlin Toilet" and he put his phone down to the commode and he flushed it.

If this guy is here past next season, this franchise if dumber than I thought.

Listening to the Fan this morning with Starkey and Cook. One caller made mention to Starkey and his "Trubitsky Train" from before they signed him. This guy said, "I have the Tomlin Toilet" and he put his phone down to the commode and he flushed it.

The Tomlin toilet? Somehow I think that might become a soundbite we hear often now.

Reactions: pittbb80

Slumming with the freebies? You love it.
Happy Holidays my man.

• Love
Reactions: Allan McMurray
He was always a cheerleader. He never outcoached anyone ever.
He drafts LBs every season ... He won a Super Bowl because James Harrison made an insane play and Ben and Santonio as well. he is a 1000 fraud.
He drafts LBs every season ...
You just attributed a super bowl win to a play made by a linebacker.

This fan base is idiotic
No wonder they call into terrible sports talk radio shows

• Mediocre Mike
  • Tomlin is steady, and that's not good enough
  • he never outcoached anyone
  • he only won a super bowl by luck
  • nothing is Tomlin's fault, I'm sure he has not input on his staff and personnel decisions
  • I have zero faith in Tomlin hiring a truly good and innovative OC
This thread is loaded with criticisms of Tomlin by posters who defend Narluzzi to the death against identical and equally justified criticisms.

Explain.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
Good point. The Stillers haven't played a team with a head coach more involved in the draft process than Tomlin since, ah, well, yesterday.
Eh. No. The Steelers have a capologist as GM now, which tells you everything you need to know about how the steeler drafts process works. Bill B might have the final say in New England on draft day, but no one has gotten their hands dirtier than Tomlin in every offseason the past 10 years.

Eh. No. The Steelers have a capologist as GM now, which tells you everything you need to know about how the steeler drafts process works. Bill B might have the final say in New England on draft day, but no one has gotten their hands dirtier than Tomlin in every offseason the past 10 years.

Eh, yeah.

But you'd only know that if you've paid attention to the NFL for the last couple of decades.

Eh, yeah.

But you'd only know that if you've paid attention to the NFL for the last couple of decades.
If you paid attention to who accumulates more frequent flyer miles to combines, all star games, and had more dinners with players every Feb-April, you’d see why Tomlin puts on all that weight every offseason. No one embraces the process more than Tomlin.

I didn’t realize you were Mike Greenberg. I’m shocked that you downplay this point in an effort to defend Tomlin…when Tomlin himself thumps his own chest about how much he loves and outworks his peers on that part of the job.

If you paid attention to who accumulates more frequent flyer miles to combines, all star games, and had more dinners with players every Feb-April, you’d see why Tomlin puts on all that weight every offseason. No one embraces the process more than Tomlin.

I didn’t realize you were Mike Greenberg. I’m shocked that you downplay this point in an effort to defend Tomlin…when Tomlin himself thumps his own chest about how much he loves and outworks his peers on that part of the job.

Just out of curiosity, do you know who the Patriots general manager is?

Yes I’m well aware. But that doesn’t mean he outworks the guy here.
When the coach is also the GM - it usually ends pretty terribly

Ya know that Colbert and Tomlin have actually explained how it works
I even linked a video
We don’t have to pretend to know - they told us

When the coach is also the GM - it usually ends pretty terribly

Ya know that Colbert and Tomlin have actually explained how it works
I even linked a video
We don’t have to pretend to know - they told us
And Tomlin has told us that he lies to us. So why should I believe your video?

The lede is getting buried so I’ll restate the point. This team was built largely by Tomlin. This is the bed he made.

Last edited:
And Tomlin has told us that he lies to us. So why should I believe your video?

The leed is getting buried so I’ll restate the point. This team was built largely by Tomlin. This is the bed he made.
So Kevin Colbert and Art also lied
I get it - narratives are hard to shake

Tomlin and the coaches go with the scouts to sorm
Pro days and all star games

Is it perhaps you simply just follow the Steelers , and not the other teams - so you just presume what Tomlin does is different than other coaches regarding roster ?

So Kevin Colbert and Art also lied
I get it - narratives are hard to shake

Tomlin and the coaches go with the scouts to sorm
Pro days and all star games

Is it perhaps you simply just follow the Steelers , and not the other teams - so you just presume what Tomlin does is different than other coaches regarding roster ?
I presume that when we follow a team closely and watch them play every week, we do get a different perspective and might build up narratives in our minds. Case in point, Tomlin has a horrible reputation locally when it comes to coaches challenges. And while he is essentially the worst, his 42% success rate isn’t profoundly different than all the others who are all also below 50%. And that also includes Billicheat which might shock some people.

But as far as Tomlin and his role in building this roster, I only know what’s well documented. Guy is at a different level than his peers. This is the team he wanted. Unless he, and everyone who covers the team is wrong.

Bottom line, Tomlin's treatment, more specifically his unequal treatment of players, has led to this team disliking one another. There have been arguments and discontent between players. Teams that are not together like this one will not play for each other. It is pretty easy to see they have checked out. Tomlin's message is a hollow gong right now. Some of these guys just want out of here and I can't blame them.

Reactions: pittmeister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT