ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Bills Gamethread

If the Browns beat the Ravens tomorrow, then there is a very good chance the last game of the year could be for the division.

Stillers better get their head on straight. They've built a cushion even if they've blown the #1 seed. Gotta get the offense on track. Defense is hurting and the team needs that prolific offense. Ben has to step up. He's flat out sucked lately. He can throw arms and talk about drops but he has to be better. A lot better. You gotta put the ball in play and Ben's passes are way out of bounds. Those passes need to be past the yellow line.

That’s 3 real stinkers in a row on the offensive side of the ball. Hate to beat a dead horse, but the league has adjusted to what they were doing, unless they make some adjustments of their own it’s not going to get much better moving forward.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Ben 21/37 for 187 yards-longest completion 20 yards, 1 pick six and another Int.

Time for him to step aside. Hard to be a quarterback when you can't throw the ball downfield. His long balls suck. He's old. He's too fragile. It's time to go. Thx for the memories Ben. Time to retire. Steelers like they did with Troy need to have "the talk".

That’s 3 real stinkers in a row on the offensive side of the ball. Hate to beat a dead horse, but the league has adjusted to what they were doing, unless they make some adjustments of their own it’s not going to get much better moving forward.
19, 17 and 15 pts with the 19 being against the Ravens JVs. Yeah, that’s anemic.

Can’t be mad at the defense. Gave up 19 points to one of the best teams in the AFC, with starters out no less. Something has to change on offense schematically, if (apparently) the personnel isn’t there.

19, 17 and 15 pts with the 19 being against the Ravens JVs. Yeah, that’s anemic.

Im not really sure what they can do about it. I mean in theory I know they need to run the ball better and complete a deep ball more than once a month to open up the underneath stuff, but I’m not sure they are capable of doing it.

We have been trying to protect Ben all year and defenses know our line is built to pass block not run block. O line has not been the same since we lost munchek. That is the first coach that need replaced.

Ebron is an absolute clown. I didn't dislike Antonio Brown nearly as much as I can't stand this goof. Please wipe his ridiculous 8.5M (at least thr 6M that wouldn't be a dead cap hit) off the books.

Reactions: LeftCoastPanther
Ebron is an absolute clown. I didn't dislike Antonio Brown nearly as much as I can't stand this goof. Please wipe his ridiculous 8.5M (at least thr 6M that wouldn't be a dead cap hit) off the books.
Two teams getting rid of him was a red flag. The Colts after one season couldn’t show Ebron the door quick enough.

It might not matter on the field, but you can get the Browns to win the division at +725. 😏

There‘s no way that can be as of right now, had to be before today.

If the Browns win tomorrow the division is pretty much up for grabs, the Browns will probably be a small favorite when the two teams play.

That was kind of like watching a Pitt game the last two years. Defense shows up and plays overly aggresive knowing the offense is flat out garbage. Can't block or run worth a shit, so we try to dink and dunk down the field.

Can’t be mad at the defense. Gave up 19 points to one of the best teams in the AFC, with starters out no less. Something has to change on offense schematically, if (apparently) the personnel isn’t there.
Start Watt and put Ben under center and try to run the ball. There was some success when Dotson went in then he got hurt. What PIT keeps doing just isn’t working. Not having a QB who can roll out is also killing this offense.

If the Browns win tomorrow the division is pretty much up for grabs, the Browns will probably be a small favorite when the two teams play.
DraftKings right now. Not too late. Division Winner
Steelers -1250
Browns +725

You can talk Ebron all day but the issue is Ben. He's terrible. And our best option. Ebron has caught more bad Ben passes than He's dropped good ones. And he drops a lot. Like Johnson. And every one else. Ben has always got by on great catches. His accuracy is terrible over a season. He'll have some games when he is on but usually it's great catches.

DraftKings right now. Not too late. Division Winner
Steelers -1250
Browns +725

Damn that is not a good number by them at all. No Draft Kings book in Nevada, but am definitely having my buddy in Colorado play that one for me. Even if the Browns lose tomorrow they still aren’t out of it.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Damn that is not a good number by them at all. No Draft Kings book in Nevada, but am definitely having my buddy in Colorado play that one for me. Even if the Browns lose tomorrow they still aren’t out of it.
I was surprised by it as well.

You can talk Ebron all day but the issue is Ben. He's terrible. And our best option. Ebron has caught more bad Ben passes than He's dropped good ones. And he drops a lot. Like Johnson. And every one else. Ben has always got by on great catches. His accuracy is terrible over a season. He'll have some games when he is on but usually it's great catches.
The last Ben interception, that ball was an absolute wounded duck lollipop in the air, and it came down at least 5 yards too short. As a broken down middle aged guy (both me and Ben) that should still be considered embarrassing. I admittedly have missed most of the Steeler season because of working Sundays. Has Ben been throwing balls this poorly all season?

Reactions: PittPoker
The last Ben interception, that ball was an absolute wounded duck lollipop in the air, and it came down at least 5 yards too short. As a broken down middle aged guy (both me and Ben) that should still be considered embarrassing. I admittedly have missed most of the Steeler season because of working Sundays. Has Ben been throwing balls this poorly all season?
No- just the last month
His downfield accuracy was bad - but he was at least overthrowing receivers deep

No- just the last month
His downfield accuracy was bad - but he was at least overthrowing receivers deep
Maybe he has an injury thing going on? Hopefully that is the case. Or maybe as you said earlier tonight in the thread he is broken. I kind of thought you meant mentally at the time.

If the two teams end with the same record as a result of Cleveland winning that last game, the Steelers would still own the tiebreak based on better division record FYI.

I watched into the second quarter, then turned off the TV. Some days you just know what's coming.... plus the Bills' blood clot uniforms hurt my eyes.

If the two teams end with the same record as a result of Cleveland winning that last game, the Steelers would still own the tiebreak based on better division record FYI.

Yeah I worked on this a little to see what the true odds really were and it’s not as much the overlay it looked to be at first glance. The Browns have a few paths to get there, but by far the clearest is for them to win tonight and have the Steelers lose to Cincinnati next week. As the odds on that combination are about 17-1 it takes a little luster off the wager.

A few offshore places have their adjusted odds up already, and I saw a couple +600’s and a +650, so Draft Kings does have a nice price just not as nice as I originally thought.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT