ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers worse without Picket.

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
Kenny needs to improve, but the offense stinks and that's the primary issue. We can see that he is clearly the best QB on this team. The WRs are overrated and also act like bitches. They hurt more than they help. Steelers need to off load them. Possibly Harris as well. Need a center and to rebuild the WRs.

Kenny needs to improve, but the offense stinks and that's the primary issue. We can see that he is clearly the best QB on this team. The WRs are overrated and also act like bitches. They hurt more than they help. Steelers need to off load them. Possibly Harris as well. Need a center and to rebuild the WRs.
Off course!! But I thoroughly enjoyed my hometown team's crash and burn tonight because all you jerks that tried to blame everything on Kenny and make like he was holding them back from being Super Bowl contenders can
x-pac suck it GIF by WWE

tonight made it the MOST OBVIOUSEST IN THE HISTORY OF MOSTEST OBVIOUSES that kenny wasn't holding the offense back

he was the one making plays despite how SHIT everyone else not named Jaylen Warren is

I don't see how this logic checks out. Mitch Trubisky sucks. Very few people would argue otherwise. Had we brought in Mahomes and still sputtered, this would make sense.

Cam Heyward , Minka , TJ ..
all losers
Never won anything.

Hines Ward was a winner, he was.

Reactions: 303vND
I don't see how this logic checks out. Mitch Trubisky sucks. Very few people would argue otherwise. Had we brought in Mahomes and still sputtered, this would make sense.
after tonight i no longer care at all anymore about the moronic straws anti-pickett yinzer jagoffs have to reach deep into their mullets to pull out. i don't care how half-valid many of the things they say about him are. i care about W-L. Steelers win way more often when playing him than otherwise. they win at a clip with him playing that would have them contending for division titles despite the talent around him being ASS. The rest of the data points and arguments and bullshit that show KeNnY aWkShOOly bAd, morons can waste their time typing shit i either aint gonna read, or will read for my crude amusement at how dense they are.

I think the argument to be made here isn’t that Kenny is good, he simply isn’t good. I think the argument is that Kenny sucks less than Trubisky and Rudolph. The Steelers are going to give Pickett 2 more years with a new OC, but I don’t see them picking up Kenny’s 5th year option without significant improvement.

Reactions: Pitt79
After watching …“4th and 2…. F@ck Just Chuck it” ….Trubinsky throw the game away entirely last night? That single play was so amazingly stupid….

Yeah they are definitely worse without Kenny ….and it’s not close … the OL & scheme are bad… the defense is hot and cold entirely…,WRs take plays off and get called out on TV…..bottom line is this

The Steelers aren’t a good team …. They aren’t and I’ve said it all season. It’s not Picketts fault and the media in Pgh is repetitive and moronic.

after tonight i no longer care at all anymore about the moronic straws anti-pickett yinzer jagoffs have to reach deep into their mullets to pull out. i don't care how half-valid many of the things they say about him are. i care about W-L. Steelers win way more often when playing him than otherwise. The rest of the data points and arguments and bullshit, morons can waste their time typing shit i either aint gonna read, or will read for my crude amusement at how dense they are.

Okay. That's about what I figured the logic was - no logic at all.

"My pickup doesn't run on Coca Cola, so I tried dumpin' Nikolai in 'er and she still ain't runnin'. This proves the Coca Cola wasn't the problem. Yee haw!"

Makes perfect sense. Advanced academics, indeed.

The point here is some people were weirdly excited when Kenny got hurt. DK put out a podcast saying no one cared that Kenny got hurt and that the team could actually be better... multiple articles stated the same sentiment saying the drop off was miniscule or that Mitch might be better. They were WRONG. This team isn't as good as people think and instead of recognizing that they just kept throwing Kenny under the bus. Now with him hurt and the same dog behind problems being worse it's far more obvious like the op said this team SUCKS and it's not nearly all on him.

The point here is some people were weirdly excited when Kenny got hurt. DK put out a podcast saying no one cared that Kenny got hurt and that the team could actually be better... multiple articles stated the same sentiment saying the drop off was miniscule or that Mitch might be better. They were WRONG. This team isn't as good as people think and instead of recognizing that they just kept throwing Kenny under the bus. Now with him hurt and the same dog behind problems being worse it's far more obvious like the op said this team SUCKS and it's not nearly all on him.

That doesn't prove Kenny wasn't holding the offense back, which is what he said. It might just be the case that all three quarterbacks suck, which has been my thought all along.

That doesn't prove Kenny wasn't holding the offense back, which is what he said. It might just be the case that all three quarterbacks suck, which has been my thought all along.
Or maybe the coaching staff blows. BR stunk with Canada. The only time he excelled was in the forth quarter when he went hurry up and called his own plays.

No on knows how good or bad KP truly is with the staff and talent around him. Rhe OL is a hot mess and the WRs are head cases It’s incredibly easy to game plan for the Steelers. Just take out Pickens

At least KP doesn’t slide short of the sticks and stands in there and doesn’t throw off his back foot and turn the ball over

Reactions: Parkview57
Or maybe the coaching staff blows. BR stunk with Canada. The only time he excelled was in the forth quarter when he went hurry up and called his own plays.

No on knows how good or bad KP truly is with the staff and talent around him. Rhe OL is a hot mess and the WRs are head cases It’s incredibly easy to game plan for the Steelers. Just take out Pickens

At least KP doesn’t slide short of the sticks and stands in there and doesn’t throw off his back foot and turn the ball over

Okay, I must be looking at it wrong. Since Mitch really, really sucks that means Kenny must be a very good NFL QB. My apologies for not understanding.

Okay, I must be looking at it wrong. Since Mitch really, really sucks that means Kenny must be a very good NFL QB. My apologies for not understanding.
Who said he was very good. Reading comprehension clearly is not something you mastered while at Pitt

But here I’ll say it slower for you this time

No one. knows how good or bad KP truly is with the staff and talent around him. Rhe OL is a hot mess and the WRs are head cases I

Who said he was very good. Reading comprehension clearly is not something you mastered while at Pitt

But here I’ll say it slower for you this time

No one. knows how good or bad KP truly is with the staff and talent around him. Rhe OL is a hot mess and the WRs are head cases I

You think I'm the one lacking reading comprehension in this thread? That's rich.

I tend to think KP isn’t good enough either but I’ve also said he hasn’t had a fair shake. So I agree - this is reasonable. Plus he could improve.

And I really don’t think anyone thought the Steelers were good as some are saying here. Maybe a few die hard knuckleheads. But anyone in tune with reality had to know this team wasn’t going anywhere. Losing back to back games at home to 2 win teams though - can’t imagine anyone saw that coming.

I tend to think KP isn’t good enough either but I’ve also said he hasn’t had a fair shake. So I agree - this is reasonable. Plus he could improve.

And I really don’t think anyone thought the Steelers were good as some are saying here. Maybe a few die hard knuckleheads. But anyone in tune with reality had to know this team wasn’t going anywhere. Losing back to back games at home to 2 win teams though - can’t imagine anyone saw that coming.

Might be the only think that could initiate change, honestly. This whole thing needs blown up. If you can turn Watt, Minkah, Johnson, and Pickens into draft picks it would be a start. There's just no point in keeping these guys right now. This is not a patchwork mission.

Might be the only think that could initiate change, honestly. This whole thing needs blown up. If you can turn Watt, Minkah, Johnson, and Pickens into draft picks it would be a start. There's just no point in keeping these guys right now. This is not a patchwork mission.
When Watt being traded came up (last year I believe) I thought someone said it would create too much dead money. Could be wrong though.

And who the eff is gonna give up a pick for Johnson? Don’t see that happening. The book is written on him. Good route runner but bad hands and a semi psycho.

But it does seem time for a reset. I still think Tomlin’s a good coach and believe he’d be hired very quickly if the Steelers ever fired him. But coaching can expire so maybe it’s time. May be trade value there. I know people are sick of him here but right or wrong he’s still highly regarded. Too bad Snyder isn’t still around - may have been able to fleece him.

As bad as Pickett is, at least he is 14-10 as a starter. That's probably around his ceiling, but it's still decent in a league built for parity.

My personal impression of Pickett is that he is an average, maybe ever so slightly above average, NFL QB. The rest of the roster on offense, unfortunately, seems below average. Running backs are probably average or maybe slightly above, but that's the least valuable position in the NFL; they can't do anything unless the OL can block, nor can they do anything if the D can key on the run because the passing game stinks. WRs below average (I'd say well below). TEs below average -- It seems like every week there is some no-name TE that makes catches that I don't really see Freiermuth make (Arizona TE last week, NE TE yesterday) and he doesn't block well; I don't know if we ever throw to Washington, and I saw him miss a block yesterday. Offensive line definitely well below average.

We have seen two 2-win teams come in the past two weeks, and I saw just as much talent on the offensive side of ball, or maybe even more, than what we have.

Last edited:
Reactions: pittpsu
Exactly… this team isn’t good. Period

When Watt being traded came up (last year I believe) I thought someone said it would create too much dead money. Could be wrong though.

And who the eff is gonna give up a pick for Johnson? Don’t see that happening. The book is written on him. Good route runner but bad hands and a semi psycho.

But it does seem time for a reset. I still think Tomlin’s a good coach and believe he’d be hired very quickly if the Steelers ever fired him. But coaching can expire so maybe it’s time. May be trade value there. I know people are sick of him here but right or wrong he’s still highly regarded. Too bad Snyder isn’t still around - may have been able to fleece him.

Johnson's advanced stats had him graded out as the most open receiver in football last season. I think he only has one more year on his contract, so you should be able to turn that into a mid-round pick. I could very easily see him going somewhere else and having a 1,200-yard season. In fact, I would expect it. There is a culture problem in Pittsburgh, and it's not going to change until you start moving some of these pieces (including the head coach).

This team wins 11 games and makes the playoffs with a healthy KP. He isn’t in the upper echelon of NFL QB’s, but they find a way to win when he’s the QB.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
This team wins 11 games and makes the playoffs with a healthy KP. He isn’t in the upper echelon of NFL QB’s, but they find a way to win when he’s the QB.

I don't even disagree with that take. Maybe not 11 games, but probably 10 and the playoffs.

Why? Because he doesn't throw ridiculous interceptions. He likely takes the air out of the ball and wins a game like last night 16-13 or something. Still, there is a ceiling that comes with him, and it's not very high.

... I just don't think it's wrong to aspire for something more.

Johnson's advanced stats had him graded out as the most open receiver in football last season. I think he only has one more year on his contract, so you should be able to turn that into a mid-round pick. I could very easily see him going somewhere else and having a 1,200-yard season. In fact, I would expect it. There is a culture problem in Pittsburgh, and it's not going to change until you start moving some of these pieces (including the head coach).
Ok I don’t follow that stuff but interesting. Still, his hands stink. He’s drilled it and who knows what else and it’s never improved. But as I’ve said before it only takes one (see Claypool) so who knows.

watching pickens jog his routes and not even leave the line of scrimmage on run plays last night was almost funny.. my man has checked out..

Pickett has us behind him. You seen what happened when that viciious Pittsburgh crowd doesnt like something last night.
Dan was drafted in Miami for a reason .
Pickett still has a chance.

They seem to win a lot of games when Pickett plays and lose practically every game he doesn't. The latter including back to back home losses to two teams which were 2-10.

Winning is the ultimate point isn't it?

Reactions: 303vND and DruidTM
They seem to win a lot of games when Pickett plays and lose practically every game he doesn't. The latter including back to back home losses to two teams which were 2-10.

Winning is the ultimate point isn't it?

If your goal is simply to sneak into a final wild cart spot, he's your guy. Won't throw two touchdowns more than once or twice all season, but he probably won't throw very many picks. Sure.

Little recency bias creeping in here, too, though... Pickett's loss to DTR was an all-time awful QB performance. But sure - Pickett can get you to 10-7 if your defense is up to the task of stopping the opposition at the end of the game.

I do have one request, though: Let's not use the "when Kenny starts and finishes the game" stat, because it's really disingenuous. He wasn't winning that Jaguars game. He wasn't winning that Houston game. Etc.

If your goal is simply to sneak into a final wild cart spot, he's your guy. Won't throw two touchdowns more than once or twice all season, but he probably won't throw very many picks. Sure.

Little recency bias creeping in here, too, though... Pickett's loss to DTR was an all-time awful QB performance. But sure - Pickett can get you to 10-7 if your defense is up to the task of stopping the opposition at the end of the game.
My own view is that it's good to have a young QB who wins a lot. Win and develop the QB as you go. Winning buys him time to develop and correct the low-hanging fruit we've seen him leave on the field (e.g., missing reads, missing open WR on short in-breaking routes). Once he fixes that stuff he could end up being pretty good.

But you have to win to get that time. I'd much rather have a QB like Pickett who wins and is "low ceiling" than Zach Wilson who has God's own arm but loses every game because of his poor decisionmaking.

If they could trade Johnson for a mid round pick I'd help pack his bags. He's a possession receiver with a bad catch rate making $18m a year. They're stuck with him unless they cut him.

Reactions: pittbb80
I do have one request, though: Let's not use the "when Kenny starts and finishes the game" stat, because it's really disingenuous. He wasn't winning that Jaguars game. He wasn't winning that Houston game. Etc.
He is 14-10 in games he has started, regardless of whether he finishes the game. If you cherry pick like you suggest, then the record is even better than that.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
My own view is that it's good to have a young QB who wins a lot. Win and develop the QB as you go. Winning buys him time to develop and correct the low-hanging fruit we've seen him leave on the field (e.g., missing reads, missing open WR on short in-breaking routes). Once he fixes that stuff he could end up being pretty good.

But you have to win to get that time. I'd much rather have a QB like Pickett who wins and is "low ceiling" than Zach Wilson who has God's own arm but loses every game because of his poor decisionmaking.

I have a similar view but a different means of achieving it. I'd like a guy with more "freakish" tangibles who can use certain tools (his legs, for instance) to win while developing into a complete QB. That's kind of what Ben was, in a way, with his insane escapability and arm strength. Then, once he figured out how to be a QB, you had the complete package, and it was championship material.

I just don't see that with Pickett. He doesn't even have a Kirk Cousins ceiling, because of arm strength, and Cousins is already typecast as the modern Andy Dalton (he's a batter player, but too good to part with and not good enough to win it all being the flavor of the comparison).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT