ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers worse without Picket.

i'll never understand the yearly disrespect that Cousins gets. the guy is a border line HOF qb yet people compare him to Andy Dalton?

He's gonna have over 40k passing yards, has 270 tds / 110 interception ratio and a career 100 QB Rating. he's better than about 95% of every other QB who's played in the nfl. he's also played 16 or more games in a season in 8 of his 12 seasons so it's not like he's injury prone..

weird the shade he gets from nfl fans.
Cousins problem is he chokes in big games. He's got good tools, throws a nice ball, and is pretty damn good most times. He just struggles when the chips are on the table.

Here’s the elephant in the room that nobody is talking about. Ben Roethlisberger sabotaged the Pittsburgh Steelers, but not retiring when he was supposed to and the Steelers sabotaged Mason Rudolph, but not giving him a quarterback coach his first two years in the league and then miss evaluating him because you have him playing for a non-experienced NFL coordinator. In their scouting department, evaluation of quarterback play for some reason they think that Mitch Trubisky is a good quarterback to sign and waste money on. That was Kevin Colbert and Mike Tomlin even though I would like to figure out who really is the guy who’s calling the shots in that group Because none of the sports media guys can’t figure out if it’s really Tomlin hiring these coaches or if it’s Rooney telling him who he can’t hire? That’s the elephant in the room is poor evaluation of quarterbacks and offensive coaching staff.
I'm sorry, but Rudolph isn't any good. He's a statue without an arm. If you want to play QB with little mobility, you need a big arm. Folks are questioning Kenny's arm, and Rudolph's is easily worse.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Lost in all of this, generally speaking, is that the OL blows goats and can't protect any QB on the roster long enough to make a credible passing game possible. Put Pat Mahomes behind this OL and he ends up in the hospital
I agree, but it's not lost in all of this. I have been screaming this for weeks but people don't know football so the only one they critique is the QB. "Fans" play Madden twice a week and think they know football.

The Steelers were 7-5 in a playoff position with a chance to win the division and could have beat Arizona kicking a FG last week with Kenny Pickett as the starter. Pickett gets hurt, the wheels fall off, and you have the board Einstein’s with their “duh Pickett’s not good enough.” Newsflash, Pickett is never going to be in the same stratosphere as Ben Roethlisberger. However, he is absolutely good enough. Despite what fat asses hiding behind a radio desk and centre county cultists think.

Kenny needs to improve, but the offense stinks and that's the primary issue. We can see that he is clearly the best QB on this team. The WRs are overrated and also act like bitches. They hurt more than they help. Steelers need to off load them. Possibly Harris as well. Need a center and to rebuild the WRs.
The Steelers need to draft Jayden Daniels in the 1st round.

Reactions: Pitt79
Or some offensive linemen that could actually keep a QB upright. That might help a little…

Reactions: DruidTM
Draft an entire OL…

Hire more coaches

ShINe tHe sHiPs!!!

Get a good OC

And for those of you bashing Kenny like there is no difference between him and Trbinski... With Kenny the Steelers are a playoff team. With Mitch they are a 2-4 win team.

And for those of you bashing Kenny like there is no difference between him and Trbinski... With Kenny the Steelers are a playoff team. With Mitch they are a 2-4 win team.

159539-_3_.jpg

Reactions: HailtoPitt
That doesn't prove Kenny wasn't holding the offense back, which is what he said. It might just be the case that all three quarterbacks suck, which has been my thought all along.
No my friend. We are seeing far less talented quarterbacks being successful in systems that are QB friendly and have solid pieces around them. You would rather believe all 3 of these guys absolutely suck than to believe every quarterback in this system including Big Ben have failed for a reason. You don't truly understand football and it's okay. Soccer and swimming are sports that are much easier to follow. People keep saying how great Dobbs is, but according to your measuring stick when he was here he sucked. He wasn't better than any of the guys the Steelers kept so why does he all of a sudden look better??? THE SYSTEM!!!! At this point you're flirting with some serious logical fallacies.

I have a similar view but a different means of achieving it. I'd like a guy with more "freakish" tangibles who can use certain tools (his legs, for instance) to win while developing into a complete QB. That's kind of what Ben was, in a way, with his insane escapability and arm strength. Then, once he figured out how to be a QB, you had the complete package, and it was championship material.

I just don't see that with Pickett. He doesn't even have a Kirk Cousins ceiling, because of arm strength, and Cousins is already typecast as the modern Andy Dalton (he's a batter player, but too good to part with and not good enough to win it all being the flavor of the comparison).
Why are you wasting all this talent? Call Art up immediately so he can get you on staff 🤣🤡🤡🤡

No my friend. We are seeing far less talented quarterbacks being successful in systems that are QB friendly and have solid pieces around them. You would rather believe all 3 of these guys absolutely suck than to believe every quarterback in this system including Big Ben have failed for a reason. You don't truly understand football and it's okay. Soccer and swimming are sports that are much easier to follow. People keep saying how great Dobbs is, but according to your measuring stick when he was here he sucked. He wasn't better than any of the guys the Steelers kept so why does he all of a sudden look better??? THE SYSTEM!!!! At this point you're flirting with some serious logical fallacies.

Thanks for embarrassing your drunken self with the "people are now saying how great Dobbs is" comment. You can keep trying, but you're sounding dumber by the comment.

But yeah... you "know ball!"

I disagree in that is too difficult to assess when the offense, from coaching, to line play, to receivers are so poor? Those three factors make it very dificult to play at an average level.
That’s how I feel. And when a fraction of those problems was removed (Canada), Kenny was 31/43 for 348 yards and 8 yards per attempt. Then he got hurt.

Quite honestly, if Kenny doesn’t get hurt, is the narrative about Tomlin what it is? Would we be 7-6? I doubt it. The Steelers would likely be 9-4. Now, as far as I’m concerned I don’t mind being 7-6 because the last two weeks have taken the bloom off the onion and hopefully wakes the organization up to make some big changes this off-season.

And no I don’t think Kenny is a superstar. I’d rather have a QB like Daniels from LSU. But Kenny is who the Steelers have, and with adequate resources around him, he can be a franchise QB.

Soccer? Lol. I think if it was easier to follow more people would follow it. people here don’t understand it and can’t sit through a game long enough to appreciate it because they don’t understand it.

Thanks for embarrassing your drunken self with the "people are now saying how great Dobbs is" comment. You can keep trying, but you're sounding dumber by the comment.

But yeah... you "know ball!"
JOSH DOBBS IS NFL’S BEST STORY, HE’S TURNED SITUATIONS MEANT FOR FAILURE INTO SUCCESS
by ARMANDO SALGUERO
November 12, 2023, 6:26 pm

"I don't follow every Steelers or NFL transaction, and I'm not trying to second guess coaches or anything like that, but how did Josh Dobbs not secure a #2 spot in Pittsburgh?"​

Amazing that Josh Dobbs might actually be better than any quarterback currently on the Steelers roster lol
By the way I don't drink. I won't say you're an idiot, but I won't say you're not an idiot.
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

JOSH DOBBS IS NFL’S BEST STORY, HE’S TURNED SITUATIONS MEANT FOR FAILURE INTO SUCCESS
by ARMANDO SALGUERO

"I don't follow every Steelers or NFL transaction, and I'm not trying to second guess coaches or anything like that, but how did Josh Dobbs not secure a #2 spot in Pittsburgh?"​

By the way I don't drink. I won't say you're an idiot, but I won't say you're not an idiot.
Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

You might want to do some more recent digging, buddy. That article is about as relevant as the ones proclaiming Colorado was the story of the season back in September.

You might want to do some more recent digging, buddy. That article is about as relevant as the ones proclaiming Colorado was the story of the season back in September.
I provided 3 pieces of evidence several from this very message board. Also an article from September? That was from mid November. September October November December.
Comedy Youre Stupid GIF by Jo Koy

by ARMANDO SALGUERO

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Didn't he have 4 ints last game? He's not very good. That's why two teams cut him.

Didn't he have 4 ints last game? He's not very good. That's why two teams cut him.
I suppose that makes all the takes I posted all the more ridiculous and hyperbole based. The original context of the first post was about everyone saying how great he was particularly in relation to the......just go back and read if you're interested. But no....he isn't that good but he looks a hell of a lot better away from Pittsburgh and their horrible offensive coaching.

by ARMANDO SALGUERO

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF
Sounds like projection to me

“You’re stupid.. no you’re stupid … no you’re stupid… you’re a stupid sandwich… no you’re a stupid sandwich “

😂

Josh Dobbs is a poor man's Gardner Minshew. Both likable and easy to root for. Both guys complete some passes and rack up a few yards (Minshew moreso than Dobbs) while losing games.

But the Dobbs Viking debut vs the Falcons was a great story. Dude basically flipped through the playbook on his Uber ride to the stadium and went out and beat the Falcons. Pretty cool.

But once you get down to starting Josh Dobbs, safe to say you're pretty much screwed.

Didn’t Ben basically start calling his own plays because the scheme from the coordinator was so stupid and ineffective?

Dobbs is a nice guy and a smart guy, nice size and a good arm.

He isn’t a winner though, really isn’t a good football player/quarterback. For a recent example the Bears game

Kenny needs to improve, but the offense stinks and that's the primary issue. We can see that he is clearly the best QB on this team. The WRs are overrated and also act like bitches. They hurt more than they help. Steelers need to off load them. Possibly Harris as well. Need a center and to rebuild the WRs.
No $hit.

Did you think he was starting out of charity?

Ben didn't fail, 22 TDs, 3700 yards, made the playoffs, Ben performed well for a 40-year-old. Kenny can't even match half his performance.
I’ll take Kenny over a serial rapist every day of the week. I know that doesn’t matter to you though.

Some here don't think there is much k a difference between Kenny and Mitch. The difference is playoffs vs. a 2-4 win team.
Not sure about playoffs. The team has too many holes and deficiencies regardless of QB. But Pickett is much better than Trubiscuit, that’s not even arguable.

Didn’t Ben basically start calling his own plays because the scheme from the coordinator was so stupid and ineffective?
The Steelers entire philosphy is...

*Don't turn the ball over on offense.
*Bend but don't break defense.
*Splash plays on defense.
*Keep the game close and hope the QB pulls some magic in the fourth quarter.

Tomlin's teams have always been star driven, not scheme driven. As long as the superstars show up, they look to out talent teams, not out scheme them.

I’ll take Kenny over a serial rapist every day of the week. I know that doesn’t matter to you though.
I'd rather have a hall of famer rapist who can play at an elite level in the NFL than a nice guy who at best is very mediocre.

I'd rather have a hall of famer rapist who can play at an elite level in the NFL than a nice guy who at best is very mediocre.
Yeah we know. But if we need a rapist in order to win, then no thanks.

The Steelers entire philosphy is...

*Don't turn the ball over on offense.
*Bend but don't break defense.
*Splash plays on defense.
*Keep the game close and hope the QB pulls some magic in the fourth quarter.

Tomlin's teams have always been star driven, not scheme driven. As long as the superstars show up, they look to out talent teams, not out scheme them.
They need to drop that obsolete garbage, why in the hell would anyone want that as their philosophy, it's gutless, play not to lose crap. Honestly, they didn't use Ben enough. he should have thrown a lot more the entire game his entire career.

Yeah we know. But if we need a rapist in order to win, then no thanks.
He was never convicted of anything, he may have just been a victim being targeted by gold diggers, happens all the time to wealthy men.

Do you have any proof? Inside info?
It’s well documented. The only time a Canada offense moved the ball under Ben is when the mic was turned off late in games or the one time ben claimed it wasn’t working.

Reactions: Pitt8189
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT