ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse Game Thread

I heard last night this was the first game of the year and the contract with the ACC for the CW. Can anyone confirm that?

I like that they put a graphic up that Syracuse was on an 8-4 run, like as if an 8-4 run in a college basketball game is something remarkable.

Which was made even funnier when Austin hit the three while the graphic was up there. So and 8-7 run. Wow, how can we overcome that?

I heard last night this was the first game of the year and the contract with the ACC for the CW. Can anyone confirm that?

That is not true. They showed football games most weeks. They've shown other Saturday basketball games.

I think this is the first Pitt basketball game on the CW, but not the first basketball game or sporting event.

Last edited:
That is not true. They showed football games most weeks. They've shown other Saturday basketball games.

I think this is the first Pitt basketball game on the CW, but not the first basketball game or sporting event.

Its Raycom though. Just using CW graphics and airwaves.

4 times “Graham Diaz”

The other guy caught on and has been pronouncing it slowly and correctly.

4 times “Graham Diaz”

The other guy caught on and has been pronouncing it slowly and correctly.

It seems like Jordan Cornette is trying to get the pbp guy to realize that he's calling him by the wrong name, without coming out and saying "hey, dummy, you keep getting his name wrong."

Reactions: Protes
We are beating them up on the glass. 9 offensive rebounds on 18 misses, and 11 defensive rebounds off 13 Syracuse misses.

8 point lead at halftime

First half quick notes

Guillermo commits a ton of turnovers outside of the 3 point line on trying to make simple passes to our guards. He needs to make way better decisions and our guards need to move and not remain flat footed. Not only is he committing these turnovers, opposing teams are getting runaway free dunks and layups. This should be a fairly simple coaching tweek but it continues to happen game after game and has been going on all season long.

Fede had his best half of basketball in a long time

Jaland Lowe has really improved on defense from a year ago to today

Besides some bad turnovers, Carrington was the star on the floor in that first half.

This has been a fun game to watch. I love the style of basketball we are playing. Clean up the turnovers a bit and I like our chances.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Scrappy first half. Solid D, rebounding, and team effort approach on offense- good rotation mix by Capel. A lot was already said above, but the one thing I want to see is less of in the 2nd half is careless turnovers.

I think 6 or 7 of our turnovers were terrible decisions/passes versus being actually forced by Cuse. At least we’re forcing them to turn it over at an equal clip.

BTW, I thought this might be the case so I checked, the pbp guy is Ryan Burr, who was born in Pittsburgh, went to college at Syracuse, and started his career doing Pirates and Penguins pregame stuff for what was then Fox Sports Pittsburgh.

Guillermo down the lane there was mighty impressive. Shooting 3s and needing 2 maybe 3 strides to do that is wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT