These guys are relentless - WTF?

I do not know the bigger requirement to report on the Steelers:

Boot licking or ass kissing?

Last edited:
Reactions: columbus mike
Exactly they’re spewing the same bullshit they always do

You’re helping them

Kaboly....slurp slurp slurp.

Here's the thing...I am not a steelers fan so I have no skin in this game. But the wayyyyyy over the top spiking of the ball on pickett is Barry bonds and Mr big chest level...you might not think pickett is any good, and he might not be, but to treat him as a vilian is just wrong.

Who are these people?
Kaboly....slurp slurp slurp.

Here's the thing...I am not a steelers fan so I have no skin in this game. But the wayyyyyy over the top spiking of the ball on pickett is Barry bonds and Mr big chest level...you might not think pickett is any good, and he might not be, but to treat him as a vilian is just wrong.

Yeah, they are going way too far trying to childishly rub this in. Getting texts from my friend who's doing the same. Even though I didn't think much of Pickett here, it's kind of passing me off. I mean I childishly started a Friermuth Sucks thread in retaliation, in hopes of attracting PSU fans in order to battle them over the internet, but that's just my game.

Fields is hyper talented. Great arm, maybe the most physically gifted QB in the league. Tough.

But if people think Kenny couldn't read the field and spun into sacks they are in for a ride with Justin Fields. Dude basically couldn't process anything beyond his first read. He had one of the worst differences in scripted play (the first 15 plays) versus non-scripted of any QB. He's also mechanically inconsistent and his accuracy suffered as a result. Fields is basically black Kenny Pickett but faster and with a stronger arm who also made much worse decisions with the ball and lost a ton of games. And he has only 1 year of control versus 2.

This isn't Madden. You can't just plug in a dude with a big arm and fast legs and just beat your opponent because you have a controller. Fields really struggles at critical aspects of QB - timing, accuracy, decisionmaking. I do love him for the cost but prepare to be underwhelmed by his on-field play.

Russ and Fields led the NFL in time to throw and sacks taken the last 2 years. Our offense is very likely going to be top 5-8 in sacks allowed unless Arthur Smith is an absolute wizard.

Last edited:
The Steelers gave Kenny a f*ck job without any lube. The way they handled him since making him their 1s round pick is disgraceful....and a lot of the Pittsburgh media is subpar, these guys being prime examples.
Yes, giving him 25 starts. Throw more than 13 TDs and he's still the starting QB.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Fields is hyper talented. Great arm, maybe the most physically gifted QB in the league. Tough.

But if people think Kenny couldn't read the Field and spun into sacks they are in for a ride with Justin Fields. Dude basically couldn't process anything beyond his first read. He had one of the worst differences in scripted play (the first 15 plays) versus non-scripted of any QB. He's also mechanically inconsistent and his accuracy suffered as a result. Fields is basically black Kenny Pickett but faster and with a stronger arm who also made much worse decisions with the ball. And he has only 1 year of control versus 2.

This isn't Madden. You can't just plug in a dude with a big arm and fast legs and beat your opponent. Fields really struggles at critical aspects of QB - timing, accuracy, decisionmaking. I do love him for the cost but prepare to be underwhelmed by his on-field play.

Russ and Fields led the NFL in time to throw and sacks taken the last 2 years. Our offense is very likely going to be top 5-8 in sacks allowed unless Arthur Smith is an absolute wizard.
Fields is a good RB as far as QB go.

Fields is uber-talented and would be fun to watch. He’s also 11 and 29 in the NFL.

I think the Steelers know they are the fourth best team in their division. Yet they are desperately trying to get Cam Hayward and Watt into a playoff run…

Go Pitt.

Fields is uber-talented and would be fun to watch. He’s also 11 and 29 in the NFL.

I think the Steelers know they are the fourth best team in their division. Yet they are desperately trying to get Cam Hayward and Watt into a playoff run…

Go Pitt.

When they don't win a playoff game again this season, though, I hope they have the sense to Trade Watt for some draft picks and use the cap space to sign a real QB.

Reactions: pittmeister
Kenny won with Canada and a shitty OL. Say what you will, they did him dirty. I don't believe a word these Yinzer media hacks have to say
And behind a defense that held opponents in check because the offense couldn't score more than 16 PPG.

Who are these people?

Yeah, they are going way too far trying to childishly rub this in. Getting texts from my friend who's doing the same. Even though I didn't think much of Pickett here, it's kind of passing me off. I mean I childishly started a Friermuth Sucks thread in retaliation, in hopes of attracting PSU fans in order to battle them over the internet, but that's just my game.

Nice, I have a pretty good idea the supposed Pitt posters that will jump to his defense.

I don’t recall a Steeler player who has been hated as much by the media as KP. It’s almost like he stole their lunch money.

It’s not just all these “:sources” articles that no one can verify but the constant negative articles and quips Even during the offseason before free agency they just couldn’t go a day without shitting on him

As I’ve said I don’t know if he’ll be a good qb or not. Some of the criticism of his play is fair for sure But at the same time he was in a situation that very few qbs could succeed in and yet he showed glimpses of being able to deliver in crunch time.

So now that he’s gone fat ass and his partner Benz over will have to find something else to fill their articles

We all love KP here, but with the number of reports that are out there about his supposed behind-the-scenes transgressions, I do think we have to be open to the possibility that Pickett did do this to himself.
You are correct. There are two different issues in play.

Did the Steelers lie, mislead and hurt Kenny’s development? Yes.

Did Kenny handle the situation well? No.

Up until this season, we have no idea how Kenny reacts to adversity. He played five years at Pitt with basically no competition. I’m sure all the stories being told about him are probably true. How do I know this? Because most of us would feel the same way he does. The difference is how you react. Bradshaw went through much, much worse from the coaches, the fans, the press and his teammates.

Upon being told that the Steelers signed Russell Wilson, his attitude should have been “Bring it on, old man!” His next actions should have been to keep silent and trust no one.

He’s not the only Steelers player to be lied to. He won’t be the last.

You are correct. There are two different issues in play.

Did the Steelers lie, mislead and hurt Kenny’s development? Yes.

Did Kenny handle the situation well? No.

Up until this season, we have no idea how Kenny reacts to adversity. He played five years at Pitt with basically no competition. I’m sure all the stories being told about him are probably true. How do I know this? Because most of us would feel the same way he does. The difference is how you react. Bradshaw went through much, much worse from the coaches, the fans, the press and his teammates.

Upon being told that the Steelers signed Russell Wilson, his attitude should have been “Bring it on, old man!” His next actions should have been to keep silent and trust no one.

He’s not the only Steelers player to be lied to. He won’t be the last.
I am not going to argue with this assessment other than we will never know and I am going to take the word of DKs source stating that the issue with the Seattle game of Kenny not wanting to dress never happened.

That said, the steelers drafted him in the 1st round two years ago. It is quite clear they don't believe in him as who cares what he says or does behind the scenes. Athletes all of the time bitch and moan about things behind the scenes and the team does nothing. I just find it completely hard to believe that a guy that from a character standpoint was absolutely all class at pitt, suddenly turns into the biggest cancer in the nfl and sabotaged the team to such a degree they needed to trade him.

I think the situation is probably more simple than people are making it out. The steelers mishandled the QB room last year and miscommunicated to the Qbs what their roles were during and after Kenny's injury. Stupid media reports immediately come our claiming Kenny refused to dress (which again DK claimed never happened) and it pissed Kenny off how few people defended him. The steelers have no faith in any of their qbs and simply wanted a reset, hence 2 completely new qbs this year. They evaluated that pickett is no good (which very well might be true) and traded him for draft capital. Then immediately the steelers media blowhards decide to spend all weekend trashing Kenny, not for his play, but for what a horrible behind the scenes person he was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT