ADVERTISEMENT

Think we can compete?

And the is why ADHL wasn’t a serious candidate for AD at O$U. I don’t think she has the stomach to turn her head to the absurdities that will come out at a later date.

And the is why ADHL wasn’t a serious candidate for AD at O$U. I don’t think she has the stomach to turn her head to the absurdities that will come out at a later date.
Man just stop. They didnt choose her because they wanted someone else. Nothing more, nothing less. The people on these message boards are the ones who said she was a candidate. Not once did she get interviewed.

You all need to let it go. You all are only complaining about her is because she is a woman. The lady has done a good job. All the complaints about past ADs was where Pitt stood in the rankings for the full sports department. Now Pitt is finally in the top 30, and HL dont care about FB or BB. She only care about the other sports. Go fly a kite.

Man just stop. They didnt choose her because they wanted someone else. Nothing more, nothing less. The people on these message boards are the ones who said she was a candidate. Not once did she get interviewed.

You all need to let it go. You all are only complaining about her is because she is a woman. The lady has done a good job. All the complaints about past ADs was where Pitt stood in the rankings for the full sports department. Now Pitt is finally in the top 30, and HL dont care about FB or BB. She only care about the other sports. Go fly a kite.
No. What I was saying was she has integrity and wasn’t a serious candidate for the O$U debauchery. Where did you get the male chauvinistic language? Well, I did say “she”. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall

Just for full disclosure, Pitt finished 48th last season in the Director's Cup, which was an all-time high water mark with two fall sports reaching the final four, football finishing in the top 25, a wrestling national champion, and men's hoops in the NCAAs, but Pitt will finish worse than that this year. Still way behind peers overall.

However, I don't think nearly any of the complaints of prior ADs were about where Pitt stood in any full athletic department rankings. Mostly it's about logos, and stadiums, and colors, and uniforms, and football, and men's basketball.

Just for full disclosure, Pitt finished 48th last season in the Director's Cup, which was an all-time high water mark with two fall sports reaching the final four, football finishing in the top 25, a wrestling national champion, and men's hoops in the NCAAs, but Pitt will finish worse than that this year. Still way behind peers overall.

However, I don't think nearly any of the complaints of prior ADs were about where Pitt stood in any full athletic department rankings. Mostly it's about logos, and stadiums, and colors, and uniforms, and football, and men's basketball.
Any competent AD would have taken the easy layup to fix the logo, colors and uniforms to a better place. Heather is at least competent.

So what happens to the scholarship players O$U recruited. I'd like to see a rule put in that if you take a transfer you lose a scholarship for a new recruit.

So what happens to the scholarship players O$U recruited. I'd like to see a rule put in that if you take a transfer you lose a scholarship for a new recruit.

That was the rule. It no longer is as it relates to the 25 IC. It still is as it relates to the 85.

Last edited:
You do lose a scholarship as each transfer takes 1 of the 85 allowed.

This is really gross because the NCAA has decided to unofficially allow this pay for play as long as its the boosters and not the schools paying the salaries. Soon, universities will be allowed to contribute to the collective. Its only a matter of time, 5 years or less, until they become employees because this is beyond ridiculous. The Columbus Crew won MLS Cup and their total salaries were only slightly higher than the Ohio State players. The Crew was at $15 million. Eventually, OSU will catch the Blue Jackets, who is at $78 million. Within 10 years.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with you. My issue with her has nothing to do with her being a woman, her skin color, her sexual orientation or anything else other then she has NOT addressed the #1 issue of the Pitt Athletic Department...giving the Pitt football team its own home stadium.

Reactions: Islanderpanther
Maybe Narduzzi Should donate half his salary to NIL?
He’s only a part time coach , anyway

So in the NFL, the players salaries are supported by the TV and gate revenue. In college, this is not allowed, the players aren't paid (wink/wink) by the schools. So this means all of this cash comes from rich dudes. This can't be sustainable. I mean what do these dudes get from this? How pathetic.

I hate college sports now. It is such a farce. All for players getting paid with all of the revenues generated, but they should be getting pieces of the pie. It's why Florida State's whining about falling behind is so hollow. Nothing is stopping their donors from spending $13 million on players like Ohio State. OSU is not paying them from their Big 10 money. Or.....are they? If so, that is a violation.

So in the NFL, the players salaries are supported by the TV and gate revenue. In college, this is not allowed, the players aren't paid (wink/wink) by the schools. So this means all of this cash comes from rich dudes. This can't be sustainable. I mean what do these dudes get from this? How pathetic.

I hate college sports now. It is such a farce. All for players getting paid with all of the revenues generated, but they should be getting pieces of the pie. It's why Florida State's whining about falling behind is so hollow. Nothing is stopping their donors from spending $13 million on players like Ohio State. OSU is not paying them from their Big 10 money. Or.....are they? If so, that is a violation.

People have been buying new locker rooms and weight rooms for these programs for generations. The only difference now is that booster money is now going to the players so the universities will have to spend their own money on ancillary improvements. People are passionate about college football. I think the salaries being paid by boosters is sustainable. What is going to stop it is the next lawsuit when a player claims he misses out on the benefits of being an employee

Reactions: cashisking884

She has done a GREAT job honestly.

So if OSU was paying the players out of the proceeds the sport generates, that would be okay with you?

I don’t understand why anybody cares where the check comes from, if you aren’t against the check itself?

So if OSU was paying the players out of the proceeds the sport generates, that would be okay with you?

I don’t understand why anybody cares where the check comes from, if you aren’t against the check itself?
It would be more honest

Yes. Because it would make more sense and there would be more controls and guidelines and traceability.

well we technically dont have to compete with tOSU. now if ga tech, syracuse, nc state, start spending 10m+ on NIL deals, then i'll worry..
OSU buying players at these prices escalates the demand for all players, including those that Pitt wants and might otherwise have a shot at.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT