ADVERTISEMENT

This fan base, being right about Colorado and other things.

Jun 3, 2023
I took a break from some of the most toxic people on this board who get off on acting tough on a message board. A tale as old as time, act tough online, but when confronted, stay quiet as a mouse.

- Honestly, I took a break from even watching games and life greatly improved. Narduzzi has put on a masterclass on how to drive a program into the dirt in neck breaking speed. 2021 was a great day to get back a ton of supporters, build a bigger donor base, up your recruiting prestige and make going to games fun. All of that has basically been pissed away by a doofus head coach.

- The post currently circulating claiming that Pitt has improved this season is moronic. Equally moronic are fan hoping to win the last 3 so that they can be satisfied winning 5 games. Even worse are the posts inquiring about a 5-7 team going to a bowl game. Absolutely pathetic. Fans defending Narduzzi at this rate are what make the program that much worse. Nearly every single position group has stagnated or declined this year. Narduzzi and Cignetti absolutely suck at identifying QB talent, specifically Narduzzi. The way they rotate running backs is an absolute joke, and outside of Bub Means, sometimes Mumpfield, occasionally Robinson the WR’s are garbage. Bart should sue Narduzzi and Cignetti for sinking his draft stock. OL and DL are beyond bad, linebackers are average and so is the secondary.

- The biggest worry we should all have is how Narduzzi constantly shifts blame and responsibility on the QB to Cignetti. Benching Jurkovec? Cignetti will make the call. Benching CV? Cignetti will make the call. I mean, this is Narduzzi’s mess, he should stand up like a man and make the call.

- The recruit 3 stars and turn them into contributors model of running this program only works so well. And it only works if you hit on most of the kids you recruit. And you bank on having inadequate coaching to get the kid to play above his recruiting grade. Narduzzi’s assistant coaches are mostly garbage, and we know that because at seasons end, no other team will be rumored to be interested in coaches at Pitt. Tim Salem has stolen a paycheck from this university for almost a decade. Would anyone be upset if Andre Powell found other work?

- Those if you who criticized me about my making fun of Deion, F right off. Deion has been exposed as a fraud. I remember someone calling him a “master motivator” Lol. Apologies are being accepted in this thread. And Deion isn’t going to Alabama to replace Saban…another suggestion by the low IQ idiots on this board.

Johnny Majors took the job in ‘73 after panthers went 1-10 and had a 6-5-1 season. Deion took over a 1 win team and will prob have a 6 win season. I’m not saying that Deion will win a natty in 3 years but I think he’s going to succeed.

Johnny Majors took the job in ‘73 after panthers went 1-10 and had a 6-5-1 season. Deion took over a 1 win team and will prob have a 6 win season. I’m not saying that Deion will win a natty in 3 years but I think he’s going to succeed.
It’s way too early for any proclamations like the OP’s that’s for sure. I suspect kids will wanna play for him so he’s gonna be able to recruit. But we’ll see where it goes.

I took a break from some of the most toxic people on this board who get off on acting tough on a message board. A tale as old as time, act tough online, but when confronted, stay quiet as a mouse.

- Honestly, I took a break from even watching games and life greatly improved. Narduzzi has put on a masterclass on how to drive a program into the dirt in neck breaking speed. 2021 was a great day to get back a ton of supporters, build a bigger donor base, up your recruiting prestige and make going to games fun. All of that has basically been pissed away by a doofus head coach.

- The post currently circulating claiming that Pitt has improved this season is moronic. Equally moronic are fan hoping to win the last 3 so that they can be satisfied winning 5 games. Even worse are the posts inquiring about a 5-7 team going to a bowl game. Absolutely pathetic. Fans defending Narduzzi at this rate are what make the program that much worse. Nearly every single position group has stagnated or declined this year. Narduzzi and Cignetti absolutely suck at identifying QB talent, specifically Narduzzi. The way they rotate running backs is an absolute joke, and outside of Bub Means, sometimes Mumpfield, occasionally Robinson the WR’s are garbage. Bart should sue Narduzzi and Cignetti for sinking his draft stock. OL and DL are beyond bad, linebackers are average and so is the secondary.

- The biggest worry we should all have is how Narduzzi constantly shifts blame and responsibility on the QB to Cignetti. Benching Jurkovec? Cignetti will make the call. Benching CV? Cignetti will make the call. I mean, this is Narduzzi’s mess, he should stand up like a man and make the call.

- The recruit 3 stars and turn them into contributors model of running this program only works so well. And it only works if you hit on most of the kids you recruit. And you bank on having inadequate coaching to get the kid to play above his recruiting grade. Narduzzi’s assistant coaches are mostly garbage, and we know that because at seasons end, no other team will be rumored to be interested in coaches at Pitt. Tim Salem has stolen a paycheck from this university for almost a decade. Would anyone be upset if Andre Powell found other work?

- Those if you who criticized me about my making fun of Deion, F right off. Deion has been exposed as a fraud. I remember someone calling him a “master motivator” Lol. Apologies are being accepted in this thread. And Deion isn’t going to Alabama to replace Saban…another suggestion by the low IQ idiots on this board.

Chill! It's true that Narduzzi and his staff are a bunch of really horrendous coaches. We're going to be 2-10 or 3-9. That's what happens when you can't coach and you can recruit.

But hoops season is officially here and we have what appears to be a pretty exciting team to root for. The hell with the football team. They're irrelevant and their season is over. Onward.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I disagree with you. I think once Sanders' kid is gone, so will he.

Deion will be in the CFP by Year 4.

The self-imposed sanctions we took after winning the ACC, resulting in like a 10 person recruiting class is one of the worst decisions in Pitt football history. That was the most important class in decades. Finally something to see and we sanctioned ourselves.

The self-imposed sanctions we took after winning the ACC, resulting in like a 10 person recruiting class is one of the worst decisions in Pitt football history. That was the most important class in decades. Finally something to see and we sanctioned ourselves.
Can we count on you going to the Colorado Rivals board before then?

Shoulda taken a longer break ... and some more drugs.

Reactions: FireballZ

Not so sure about Deion, his on field coaching blunders are starting to pile up. Opting to take the ball first in OT a few weeks ago was inexcusable, there was no rhyme nor reason for it. Then last week in a close game against Oregon St they had the ball at their own 5 with about 30 seconds in the half and couldve easily ran the clock out as OSU had only 2 timeouts left. Instead they chose to throw the ball for whatever reason and Oregon St got it back and scored a TD as the half ran out in what would become a 7 point Colorado loss. There’s been some other head scratchers as well. Maybe its just growing pains as he learns the job but its getting to be a habit.

Not so sure about Deion, his on field coaching blunders are starting to pile up. Opting to take the ball first in OT a few weeks ago was inexcusable, there was no rhyme nor reason for it. Then last week in a close game against Oregon St they had the ball at their own 5 with about 30 seconds in the half and couldve easily ran the clock out as OSU had only 2 timeouts left. Instead they chose to throw the ball for whatever reason and Oregon St got it back and scored a TD as the half ran out in what would become a 7 point Colorado loss. There’s been some other head scratchers as well. Maybe its just growing pains as he learns the job but its getting to be a habit.

Like James Franklin, he will eventually have enough talent to get to 10 wins for getting off the bus. Also, he SHOULD be far and away the most talented team in the new B12 when he has a full squad.

I don't recall one post saying people would be satisfied with 5-7. Please share if you see it. I've said and I think others agreed that 5-7 is preferable to 2-10 and a much better place to be for the program. 2-10 is Hackett/Majors 2 levels and would be very difficult to recover from. Hardly equates to being satisfied.

Reactions: Franb

You should go on another break.

Reactions: Ski11585
johnny majors got 90 scholarships to offer high school kids. that helps..

Reactions: kma0043

two sentences from your post....any mirrors where you are?

I took a break from some of the most toxic people on this board who get off on acting tough on a message board

Those if you who criticized me about my making fun of Deion, F right off

Don't understand the harsh words for this guy. He is right about everything except Prime but that, too, is a fair opinion. Was confused by the first paragraph though. Did he try to fight someone?
I disagree with a lot of what you say but I have never once seen you call anyone a low IQ idiot nor would you see it from me. This gentleman seems to be way too invested in all of this.

You can't really say he's failed either, he took a 1-11 team and they're currently 4-5, he has improved them.

Call me crazy but you call out tough guy and toxic behavior but then proceed to act in a tough toxic manner.

Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT