ADVERTISEMENT

UCF is going to get in a P5 conference

Serious question. Have you already forgot your roots?

Do you not remember being apart of the P6 / 6 AQ conferences just a few short years ago? Have you already allow yourselves to be brainwashed by the ESP5N Cartel?
What is your point? Pitt was lucky to find a home, but they were much more attractive then, than UCF is now.

UCF's best hope for P5 inclusion is when the playoff could next be expanded in 2026. It is a long, long shot, even then.

Hilarious to see the Twitter crazies carryover into these discussions. "ESP5N Cartel"?! HAH!

What is your point? Pitt was lucky to find a home, but they were much more attractive then, than UCF is now.

UCF's best hope for P5 inclusion is when the playoff could next be expanded in 2026. It is a long, long shot, even then.

Hilarious to see the Twitter crazies carryover into these discussions. "ESP5N Cartel"?! HAH!

I've been exposing ESP5N Cartel for years on Rival's Soundoff. Speaking of which, I should win POTY there this year. Wish me luck!

https://forums.rivals.com/forums/college-football-soundoff.20/

UCFs 2017 is different than the other G5's best season because only undefeated team in college football last year, #1 in one of the BCS polls and acknowledged by NCAA and it led to $200 plus million in free advertisements. Its a start.
Hope we can blur the difference between g5 and p5 this Saturday.

Reactions: Shark19
I've been exposing ESP5N Cartel for years on Rival's Soundoff. Speaking of which, I should win POTY there this year. Wish me luck!

https://forums.rivals.com/forums/college-football-soundoff.20/
Exposing? You have to be an absolute idiot to not understand the P5 is the product and to "sound off" about the "ESP5N Cartel".

UCFs 2017 is different than the other G5's best season because only undefeated team in college football last year, #1 in one of the BCS polls and acknowledged by NCAA and it led to $200 plus million in free advertisements. Its a start.
There is no such thing as the BCS. The poll who rated you "#1" also ranked Alabama "#1" after they lost to Clemson head to head in the national championship. It is a joke. It is hilarious any UCF fan would think it is legitimate and it is pathetic, with a playoff, your school claimed it. It is the absolute pinnacle of little brother syndrome to claim that and scream about how it legitimizes UCF.

Being G5 doesn't mean you are worse than bad P5 teams. You will beat Pitt. Good luck in the rest of the games, as well. You won't play a good team all year.

I enjoy watching UCF (cool uniforms, fun offense, exciting QB) and had a blast watching the UCF-USF game last year. But they really lost me with the national championship gimmick. Come on, if you play the 50th toughest schedule in the country, you are not going to be considered by anyone more than a half hour from Orlando as a champion.

Hopefully you can get a P5 invitation. I'd like to see USF or UCF in the ACC to help Pitt play more games (and therefore hopefully recruit better) in the state of Florida.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Exposing? You have to be an absolute idiot to not understand the P5 is the product and to "sound off" about the "ESP5N Cartel".

There is no such thing as the BCS. The poll who rated you "#1" also ranked Alabama "#1" after they lost to Clemson head to head in the national championship. It is a joke. It is hilarious any UCF fan would think it is legitimate and it is pathetic, with a playoff, your school claimed it. It is the absolute pinnacle of little brother syndrome to claim that and scream about how it legitimizes UCF.

Being G5 doesn't mean you are worse than bad P5 teams. You will beat Pitt. Good luck in the rest of the games, as well. You won't play a good team all year.
could say the same about clemson lol

I enjoy watching UCF (cool uniforms, fun offense, exciting QB) and had a blast watching the UCF-USF game last year. But they really lost me with the national championship gimmick. Come on, if you play the 50th toughest schedule in the country, you are not going to be considered by anyone more than a half hour from Orlando as a champion.

Hopefully you can get a P5 invitation. I'd like to see USF or UCF in the ACC to help Pitt play more games (and therefore hopefully recruit better) in the state of Florida.
thats clemson this year though.

also UCF beat more ranked teams than bama did last year in the regular season. So SoS is a weak argument in relation to the 2017 season.

thats clemson this year though.

The week after the ACC championship game, Clemson's schedule will probably be around #30 or so. Depends how South Carolina and the ACC Coastal leader plays between now and then.

It is pretty bad now for sure. #63 according to Sagarin (though he also has yours at #193!)

The week after the ACC championship game, Clemson's schedule will probably be around #30 or so. Depends how South Carolina and the ACC Coastal leader plays between now and then.

It is pretty bad now for sure. #63 according to Sagarin (though he also has yours at #193!)
UCF schedule this year is weak but it'll get better when USF and Memphis get properyly ranked. Takes G5 teams a lot longer to get ranked.

Last year however UCF finished with the #11 SoS (http://warrennolan.com/football/2017/sos). SoS arguments are weak especially 4 weeks into the season because P5 teams get benefit of having a bunch of bad teams ranked in the top 25 early, before they pile up the losses and fall out of the top 25.

Clemson will probably finish the season without playing a ranked team. UCF beat 3 ranked teams last year prior to beating Auburn. So SoS arguments really don't hold water here.

Its not a matter if UCF joins the Cartel but when? Division 1 football is corrupt. You have half the conferences claiming superiority solely based on lucrative TV contracts over those that don't have said contracts. It's a sham and I went to both UCF and FSU and it's a sham. I have no delusions that UCF has the ability today to draw 80,000. I do think because I saw them play in person at the Peach Bowl and USF games last year, that for now UCF can roll most teams, maybe not all, but if we were in the ACC right here and right now it would be between UCF and Clemson to win the conference.

I will say this. From my understanding years ago when the Big East leadership was trying to right the ship, it is my understanding that Pitt, Rutgers and even West Virginia thought UCF should come aboard. We like to call it being Genshafted as our sister school in Tampa blocked us joining y'all back then. Yinz, though thought enough of us to say get UCF into the Big East. For that I look kindly upon Pitt because yinz saw the writing on the wall both the destruction of the Big East or by adding UCF , it could have stabilized it. We see how USF destroyed the Big East as we once knew it. Maybe it was for the best?

If anyone is going to Orlando for this game, enjoy it. Most Knight fans are good people.

Could say the same about Clemson? When? When they won the (real, not fake) National Championship? They won the playoff and beat #20 Louisville, #8 FSU, #16 VT, #3 Ohio State, and #2 Alabama along the way.
when they are going to make the playoffs this year without beating a ranked team

Clemson will probably finish the season without playing a ranked team.

Not sure about "probably." Possibly. But there is a shot NC State, BC, Duke, or South Carolina will be ranked. They're all probably somewhere in that 20-50 range, just a question of where exactly they belong. Then they'd probably play someone like Miami in the conference title game, who would usually be ranked.

Not sure about "probably." Possibly. But there is a shot NC State, BC, Duke, or South Carolina will be ranked. They're all probably somewhere in that 20-50 range, just a question of where exactly they belong. Then they'd probably play someone like Miami in the conference title game, who would usually be ranked.
was primarily responding to the poster who said UCF isn't going to play a good team all year but I'd contend USF or Memphis are as good or better than any you listed. And theres certainly a shot Clemson is in the same boat. Both UCF and Clemson may finish the year unbeaten without playing a ranked team.

Right. UCF is now TCU. They've built a sustainable program and are in a fantastic market

But even TCU would sweat out conference realignment in a few years.
There are 5 conferences, probably 4 in a few years.
UCF couldn't join the PAC 12 or geographic reasons, or SEC and ACC for member blocking reasons.

So they better hope the Big Ten comes calling (probably unlikely as they got their sights set on way bigger prizes) or that the PAC 12 folds instead and the Big XII survives and comes calling. But if the PAC 12 folds, which I doubt, the Big XII would snatch up those teams as that makes the most geographic and marketplace sense. So the Big XII would go west instead of east.

Basically, UCF has very limited options fright off the bat. And none of them seem like they are going to break right for UCF.

TCU would actually kind of have that problem as well if the Big XII folds, although I think they survive it.

Reactions: Jpripper88
was primarily responding to the poster who said UCF isn't going to play a good team all year but I'd contend USF or Memphis are as good or better than any you listed. And theres certainly a shot Clemson is in the same boat. Both UCF and Clemson may finish the year unbeaten without playing a ranked team.

There isn't a huge difference between whether an NC State, or Duke is ranked #24 or #26, they're the same teams, and better teams than UCF will face. The number 25 is not mythical; it is simply the arbitrary number the AP has decided to print in newspapers by decades of tradition.

also UCF beat more ranked teams than bama did last year in the regular season. So SoS is a weak argument in relation to the 2017 season.
Alabama beat 4 ranked teams last year to win the National Championship. They also beat teams week after week who were almost all better than the "ranked" opponents UCF beat. Hell, Fresno State would have probably been the best team UCF played. UCF beat Memphis and USF, who, in turn, beat no one. Memphis' best win was over 6-7 UCLA. USF's best win was over 6-7 Texas Tech in a meaningless bowl game. Those schools were ranked simply because they played terrible schedules and piled up wins.

There isn't a huge difference between whether an NC State, or Duke is ranked #24 or #26, they're the same teams, and better teams than UCF will face. The number 25 is not mythical; it is simply the arbitrary number the AP has decided to print in newspapers by decades of tradition.
I would contend USF or Memphis are better than NC State. I am using top 25 as a metric because its generally an agreed upon ranking of teams. Since there is no top 50 or top 75 hard to tell the difference between two top 50 teams not in the top 25.

Alabama beat 4 ranked teams last year to win the National Championship. They also beat teams week after week who were almost all better than the "ranked" opponents UCF beat. Hell, Fresno State would have probably been the best team UCF played. UCF beat Memphis and USF, who, in turn, beat no one. Memphis' best win was over 6-7 UCLA. USF's best win was over 6-7 Texas Tech in a meaningless bowl game. Those schools were ranked simply because they played terrible schedules and piled up wins.
wrong. Bama beat 2 ranked teams in the regular season, UCF beat 3. I like how top 25 wins are always used by p5 homers until it doesn't work in their favor. Bama didn't even beat a top 15 team in the regular season.

I would contend USF or Memphis are better than NC State. I am using top 25 as a metric because its generally an agreed upon ranking of teams. Since there is no top 50 or top 75 hard to tell the difference between two top 50 teams not in the top 25.
Your contention would have essentially no basis in reality.

Just better hope our AD doesn't get in your coaches ear about "the next step" in his career.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
wrong. Bama beat 2 ranked teams in the regular season, UCF beat 3. I like how top 25 wins are always used by p5 homers until it doesn't work in their favor. Bama didn't even beat a top 15 team in the regular season.
That isn't wrong. What I said is absolutely true. UCF beat only Memphis and USF. UCF beat Memphis a 2nd time in post season play to win the AAC. Neither of those teams were any good. They didn't beat anyone either.

UCF hangs their hat on an absolutely meaningless bowl game.

That isn't wrong. What I said is absolutely true. UCF beat only Memphis and USF. UCF beat Memphis a 2nd time in post season play to win the AAC. Neither of those teams were any good. They didn't beat anyone either.

UCF hangs their hat on an absolutely meaningless bowl game.
It is wrong, UCF beat more ranked teams than bama did. Bama got in playoffs anyway, despite not even winning their dvision, beating no top 15 teams (LSu and Miss State only top 25 wins). UCF was never afforded the chance to beat clemson in the playoffs, which they probably would have (read Bill Connelly's S&P for reasons why).

OK now I actually want Pitt to win. These UCF clowns, what the hell, you are a marginal top 25 team who plays no one.
lol sensitive much? WE have to hear all offseason UCF plays no one. Clemson is goign to cruise into the playoffs this year despite beating zero ranked teams. UCF beat 3 last year. 3 > 0. The hypocrisy is insufferable.

You really don't think UCF wouldn't go undefeated with Clemson's schedule? Lol

Reactions: UCFEMUP
lol sensitive much? WE have to hear all offseason UCF plays no one. Clemson is goign to cruise into the playoffs this year despite beating zero ranked teams. UCF beat 3 last year. 3 > 0. The hypocrisy is insufferable.

You really don't think UCF wouldn't go undefeated with Clemson's schedule? Lol

No I do not think UCF would go undefeated against NC State, Boston College, Duke, Texas A&M, and Miami/Virginia Tech (whoever it is from the coastal.)

No I do not think UCF would go undefeated against NC State, Boston College, Duke, Texas A&M, and Miami/Virginia Tech (whoever it is from the coastal.)
nc state? they beat a 1-AA by 9. Duke would be a challenge but outside of that the rest of your list are sub par compared to Memphis or USF.

Doesn't pitt claim like 8 or 9 fake national championships? Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black scenario?

ok lets see who your next HC is. I understand ACC is a better conference but Pitt is a dead end football job. Coach there for a few years and get fired.

You seem like you're new to college football so I'll take it easy on you. Even at Pitt's worst, there has been some amazing coaching talent come through the program. You should look it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT