ADVERTISEMENT

"UNC obviously better than Pitt" is a crap narrative

As good as UNC offense is, its defense is inversely inept. No excuse for the Pitt offense. It was stinky on Thursday. Pitt hurt itself more on offense than anything UNC defense did. Truth.

As good as UNC offense is, its defense is inversely inept. No excuse for the Pitt offense. It was stinky on Thursday. Pitt hurt itself more on offense than anything UNC defense did. Truth.
Not their pass D. #3 in the country.

Other than that, I don't disagree. Giving up 215 rushing YPG going into Pitt game.

Yeah, a defense that allows nearly five yards per carry on the ground is not good at all. Should have been a ton of 3rd and short yardage situations and second down conversions for Pitt, but there was not. That's on Pitt.

Reactions: pittpitt
We settled for 3 instead of 7 inside the red zone twice in the first half, when on the rest of the drive we were rolling along. So there's 8 points right there. Especially our first drive of the game where we methodically moved it down the field, then went for the corner route (and Marquise delivered the ball late) which put us behind the chains and we settled for 3. Using your example above where Hood fumbled on the 3rd down attempt, if he doesn't fumble, or if forward progress is blown before he fumbles, his forward progress likely gives him a first, and we could've punched it in because we were at like the 10. So that's 4 more points. There's 12 right there. We also had dropped interceptions on balls that hit our DB's in the hands, and I think y'all got either a TD or FG on one of those drives.

Overall though, I would agree that Pitt and UNC are fairly evenly matched. IMO, both are in the Top 5 best teams in the conference and I think both have the best/brightest future ahead of them out of all 7 Coastal teams, especially with Va Tech going through their rough Beamer (aka Bobby Bowden) situation and Miami looking for a new coach.

Last night's game didn't and isn't getting the hype/pub it deserves. That was a premier matchup in terms of what was on the line, but since it was the ACC and didn't involve two "name" programs, it didn't receive as much play as it should.

Best of luck moving forward. I absolutely think y'all can beat Notre Dame and possibly win out. Louisville will be tough but your defense will give their fledgling offense fits.

As far as the hype is concerned, most people don't think anything significant was on the line except for a chance to receive a beatdown at the hands of Clemson or FSU. Its like the Big 10 West. No ACC Coastal team is going to be taken seriously this season unless they win in Charlotte Decenber 5th.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT