ADVERTISEMENT

Volleyball- NCAA seeding

PittMBA

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
Picking up the thread below ,

PItt the #3 overall seed in the latest volley talk projection #3 RPI.

Seems at this point the goal is to not be on the same side of the bracket as Nebraska.

Earning an overall 3 seed would be fantastic.

Amazing what this program is accomplishing —

Picking up the thread below ,

PItt the #3 overall seed in the latest volley talk projection #3 RPI.

Seems at this point the goal is to not be on the same side of the bracket as Nebraska.

Earning an overall 3 seed would be fantastic.

Amazing what this program is accomplishing —
Yeah, it would be nice to avoid Nebraska for a few weeks. Pitt seems to be playing its best volleyball right now.

Edit: I honestly think this team won't start to peak until next year but you have got to love where they're at with so many young players carrying the team.

Reactions: Chaos
Yeah, it would be nice to avoid Nebraska for a few weeks. Pitt seems to be playing its best volleyball right now.

Edit: I honestly think this team won't start to peak until next year but you have got to love where they're at with so many young players carrying the team.
I’ve been trying not to think too much about next season— cause you just never know when your opportunity to win it all presents itself - this might be their year -

That said, can’t help but salivate thinking that
Babcock
Stafford
Fairbanks
VVG
Klika
Kelly
Jepsen
Dalton
Bayless
Ha’ti
Griffin

All return … have to think PItt would be a top destination for a couple of high caliber grad transfers plus the freshman coming in. Should be an elite team again- dare I pre-season #1?

Reactions: Chaos
I’ve been trying not to think too much about next season— cause you just never know when your opportunity to win it all presents itself - this might be their year -

Babcock
Stafford
Fairbanks
VVG
Klika
Kelly
Jepsen
Dalton
Bayless
Ha’ti
Griffin

All return … have to think PItt would be a top destination for a couple of high caliber grad transfers plus the freshman coming in. Should be an elite team again- dare I pre-season #1?
Yeah, injuries would be the only thing that could ruin a group like that.

Babcock
Stafford
Fairbanks
VVG
Klika
Kelly
Jepsen
Dalton
Bayless
Ha’ti
Griffin

I can't see us passing Nebraska for pre-season #1 unless we either win the natty or pull a really high level transfer or two at MB/OH but #2 is realistic if we make it to Tampa this year

Can you imagine how good this team would have been with a healthy Bre Kelley?

One other thing to mention about Pitt's RPI being so high and earning us a potential 1 seed - Dan Fisher scheduled 4 "buy games" this year in OOC and look who they were:
UMBC (RPI 48, won the America East)
James Madison (RPI 24, likely will win the Sun Belt and a tournament team either way)
Loyola Chicago (RPI 49, lost in the A-10 championship to ranked Dayton)
High Point (RPI 50, won the Big South)

That's the difference between an RPI of 3 and 5 or 6. Huge props to him for constantly scheduling good small schools to help build up both Pitt's play and metrics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT