ADVERTISEMENT

Why No Public Statement?

Matt Steinbrink

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 6, 2002
Please keep all of this on here.

The exit interview has not happened yet. They are scheduled to get together soon. Not sure of the exact day, but I was told this week. So maybe tomorrow. Bottom line, they have not met yet. Heather wants to hear what his plan to move forward is.

Before you get too excited, it doesn't really matter. It sounds like he is coming back no matter how it goes and what is said. Heather is not happy and disappointed, but this one is not up to her. She could want to get rid of him and pay up, but she will be overruled. It's basically deemed a situation where she got them into this, and they do not want to bail her out with that kind of money.

Unless Capel comes to the meeting with a plan that includes settling for some type of soft parting, he is going to be back. It is just the reality of the situation.

We are headed for at least one more year of a lame duck, toxic situation. Not sure what else I can say at this point. It is a mess in every sense. It extends beyond Capel and his staff too.

The frustration and anger is understood by me, trust me. Not sure what else I can offer, but I will leave one line from a source I spoke to tonight. I am hoping it gets a slight chuckle after you are done crying. The guy says to me, "And why does he keep complaining about the practice facility? I honestly don't think they practice."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News