ADVERTISEMENT

You don’t have a choice but to fire Narduzzi

I hate to nit-pic this coaching staff, but good god... who is the lead blocker on the fake punt (and whiffed)? The tailback who has struggled to block his entire career.

If this is your best blocker in space... you have personnel issues beyond any possible pipe dream of a winning season/program. This program is headed to the dumpster.

Last edited:
Reactions: singregardless
So where have you been the last six years? Did you make an account just to rag on Narduzzi?

Nope been a fan, work 60 hours a week, go to games and then family Sunday back at work. There is ZERO interest in Pittsburgh for Pitt football, Duzz will not turn that around. I am fine waiting for another year but it won't make a difference, he is what he is, AVERAGE. I also trust Lyke to make a good hire. We shall see soon enough....

Reactions: pittdan77
And then what? Look. Pitt has had every type of HC, AD, Staff since 1982. Changing coaches at Pitt is Roulette betting on a number. So we rebuild yet again. Pitt’s problem is structural (recruiting) not HC, AD, Staff related at all given the results. Never was a Narduzzi fan, but besides the point. It’s structural.

And then what? Look. Pitt has had every type of HC, AD, Staff since 1982. Changing coaches at Pitt is Roulette betting on a number. So we rebuild yet again. Pitt’s problem is structural (recruiting) not HC, AD, Staff related at all given the results. Never was a Narduzzi fan, but besides the point. It’s structural.
PN is making 4 million a year, and the coordinators are making half a mil. Our administration is providing enough support. Excuses are like a-holes. Everyone has one.

I hate to nit-pic this coaching staff, but good god... who is the lead blocker on the fake punt (and whiffed)? The tailback who has struggled to block his entire career.

If this is your best blocker in space... you have personnel issues beyond any possible pipe dream of a winning season/program. This program is headed to the dumpster.

I thought it was Sibley who missed the block. It wasn't a bad call and had a really good chance of making a 1st down if one block is made.

PN is making 4 million a year, and the coordinators are making half a mil. Our administration is providing enough support. Excuses are like a-holes. Everyone has one.

Kentucky pays their coach $5 mil a year.

Coaching isn't
Of course you fail to mention MSU was on probation for the first four years.

Sparty lost a total of nine football scholarships over those four years. NINE. That's it.

Reactions: ThePanthers
comparing jamie dixon's resume to narduzzi's is absolutely ridiculous.

and yet Jamie Dixon was let go because of the CRYING Pitt Basketball fans who wanted him gone.

Then we got Kevin Stallings as a replacement.

The Pitt Basketball Program is still trying to recover from that mistake.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

and yet Jamie Dixon was let go because of the CRYING Pitt Basketball fans who wanted him gone.

Then we got Kevin Stallings as a replacement.

The Pitt Basketball Programs is still trying to recover from that mistake.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

he got let go b/c scott barnes wanted to line his buddy's pockets.

What are you suggesting?

Also, seems like Saban went 9-2 in Y5....

And they were terrible again the next year.

I'm suggesting there is only so much you can do at a school like Michigan State and Pitt. 6 to 9 wins is typical. It's damn near impossible to recruit well enough to do much better.

Saban might be the best recruiter in the modern day game and he couldn't pull it off there.

he got let go b/c scott barnes wanted to line his buddy's pockets.

He got let go because CRYING Pitt Basketball fans said he did not go deep into the NCAA Tournament and needed to be replaced (even though he made it to the NCAA almost every year).

Now look at the attendance at the Pete compared to when Jamie Dixon coached the team.

Even the Crying Pitt Basketball Fans did not come when they got what they cried for.

Hoping Pitt can make it to the NCAA's again some day.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePanthers
And they were terrible again the next year.

I'm suggesting there is only so much you can do at a school like Michigan State and Pitt. 6 to 9 wins is typical. It's damn near impossible to recruit well enough to do much better.

Saban might be the best recruiter in the modern day game and he couldn't pull it off there.

What are you talking about? Saban literally went 9-2 and beat 7 ranked teams. What on Earth has Narduzzi done that's remotely close to that?

If Kansas and Wake can get double-digit wins, Pitt can, too. Let's drop the "woe is me" act. Pitt is a slightly above-average P5 team and there's absolutely nothing stopping it from being good once in awhile.

since you like googling records, why not include this. Saban didn't pull it off, but D'Antonio sure did

MSU 2010: 11-2
2013: 13-1
2015: 12-2 (I believe this was the playoff year)

Only so much you can do? Like reaching the playoff? Like beating your in state rival fairly regularly in the most recent history?

So if MSU can attain these lofty heights, why not Pitt?

Reactions: singregardless
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT