8. UNC

9. Virginia
10. BC

11. VT
12. Syracuse
13. GT
14. Duke

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Also, I’m not sure where I’d rank Boston College. I actually think they can break out and finish as high as second in the Atlantic with Jurkovic returning, but it’s also a very competitive division as it is.

Also, I’m not sure where I’d rank Boston College. I actually think they can break out and finish as high as second in the Atlantic with Jurkovic returning, but it’s also a very competitive division as it is.

I have a love/hate thing with Jurkovec. At the end of the day, he makes way too many dangerous throws for my tastes. He's like a Bret Favre School of F It graduate or something. I've seen the dude heave it into triple coverage while falling backwards with two defensive linemen on him. But he CAN be really good when he is on.

I kind of feel the same about VA because of the QBs.

I kind of feel the same about VA because of the QBs.
I can see that. Armstrong is a baller. What’s holding me back with them is Tony Elliot; I think he’s a wildcard. In my opinion, he’s either going to struggle or propel them towards the top of the ACC. Will definitely be interesting to follow.

I can see that. Armstrong is a baller. What’s holding me back with them is Tony Elliot; I think he’s a wildcard. In my opinion, he’s either going to struggle or propel them towards the top of the ACC. Will definitely be interesting to follow.

I can't take Wake or Virginia seriously because of their defenses (and offensive lines - at least in Wake's case - to a lesser extent). Like they can beat some teams if they get a few turnovers or whatnot, but they just have trouble making consistent stops, it seems.

People shouldn’t write off UNC.

They upgraded at DC.
This should be the first year that Mack’s high ranked classes have enough experience to be difference makers.
And Phil Longo doesn’t have bad offenses.

26 (Ole Miss)
26 (UNC)

Those are his offensive F+ rankings for the last 5 years as a P5 OC. They aren’t going to miss Howell as much as people think, because Longo’s system isn’t QB dependent.

Last edited:
Reactions: joeydavid
People shouldn’t write off UNC.

They upgraded at DC.
This should be the first year that Mack’s high ranked classes have enough experience to be difference makers.
And Phil Longo doesn’t have bad offenses.

26 (Ole Miss)
26 (UNC)

Those are his offensive F+ rankings for the last 5 years as a P5 OC. They aren’t going to miss Howell as much as people think, because Longo’s system isn’t QB dependent.

Only thing about them is that I'm pretty sure they lost at least 3/5 of their o-line, if not more. I saw two of their linemen get drafted, and then the Steelers signed another as an UDFA.

Now, every time I watched one of their games, Howell was running for his life and getting absolutely pummeled, so I do question how good they could have been. Those Pitt and Georgia Tech games were tough days at the office for Sam. So I don't know what to make of it all. Downs should be an absolute beast this year, though. He could be on the short-list for the Biletnikoff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT