ADVERTISEMENT

Zaire

ND, OSU and Alabama all have highly rated backups pining for time. It is always a consideration, but it is really good for the overall program to bring in a guy for one year? Not really. I think it would all depend on how the other qbs looked in camp to our coaches. I really think we need a dual threat guy in this offense

ND, OSU and Alabama all have highly rated backups pining for time. It is always a consideration, but it is really good for the overall program to bring in a guy for one year? Not really. I think it would all depend on how the other qbs looked in camp to our coaches. I really think we need a dual threat guy in this offense
If he can be a good starting QB? Absolutely. The results have been clear all across college football.

Reactions: sherepower
If he can be a good starting QB? Absolutely. The results have been clear all across college football.

Well, sure in one aspect it is, more wins next year. That is all though. If you are asking me today would I like Zaire to be our QB next year, the answer is a resounding YES. But, I dont know what our younger QBs look like. Does Mac look like the real deal? If the coaches think he does, then I would change that answer to no, and go with Mac.. or whoever the coaches felt was game ready.

Well, sure in one aspect it is, more wins next year. That is all though. If you are asking me today would I like Zaire to be our QB next year, the answer is a resounding YES. But, I dont know what our younger QBs look like. Does Mac look like the real deal? If the coaches think he does, then I would change that answer to no, and go with Mac.. or whoever the coaches felt was game ready.
Depends on your goals, but mine are to win each year. I don't think there is any reason they couldn't get a RS FR MacVittie some significant snaps, even if they get a grad transfer guy like Zaire. I will say, getting backups snaps is one reason I support playing 3 cupcakes, rather than just 2. However, Youngstown State, Rice and a couple ACC games should provide the opportunity to get MacVittie some legitimate snaps IMO, while still going with a seasoned and (in theory, if we are taking him) more ready to win option.

Depends on your goals, but mine are to win each year. I don't think there is any reason they couldn't get a RS FR MacVittie some significant snaps, even if they get a grad transfer guy like Zaire. I will say, getting backups snaps is one reason I support playing 3 cupcakes, rather than just 2. However, Youngstown State, Rice and a couple ACC games should provide the opportunity to get MacVittie some legitimate snaps IMO, while still going with a seasoned and (in theory, if we are taking him) more ready to win option.

Totally agree... and would have been nice to get someone thrown in at the end of the Nova game.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I mean, if Pitt can land him, you take him in a heartbeat. He'd be the ideal placeholder as Canada develops RS FR MacVittie, RS SO Schneider and any other incoming FR next season. Worked with Savage, no? Imagine if Savage had this OL and stable of RB. Granted Pitt needs guys like Henderson, Matthews, Ffrench and Flowers to develop as well bring some more talent.

But, no chance, even if he transfers, that Pitt lands him. I see him at some SEC or Clemson or ???. Unless he has some past history with Pitt that I'm unaware of...

Edit - I see Pitt was one of the finalist for him when Joe Rudolph recruited him. So, I guess you never know?

Last edited:
But, are there any reports of this at all? I just don't see it. I mean, he's right there. He's next man up. Anything could happen to Kizer just as it did to Zaire the year prior.

There reaches a point when we have to start developing the QBs whom we've recruited. And that involves giving them playing time, while putting-up with the growing pains that goes along with it.
This is spot on. At some point we have to graduate from the 1-2 year band-aids and develop a QB from the ground up in the same system with the same playbook and OC. it makes a huge difference.

This is spot on. At some point we have to graduate from the 1-2 year band-aids and develop a QB from the ground up in the same system with the same playbook and OC. it makes a huge difference.
Zaire ain't coming to Pitt. But, hypothetically, wouldn't Pitt be afforded that opportunity with a RS SO MacVittie, a RS JR Schneider and a RS FR Pickett the year after Zaire's departure if he did come to Pitt?

I love how this board always comes up with grad transfers when you have no idea if he's even close to graduating!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT