ADVERTISEMENT

“At least we’re aren’t Penn State”

Ain’t that the truth. The sad thing is that a lot of PSU alums are good, rational people. My cousin threw out all his Penn State gear the moment the Sandusky news broke. Our old neighbor denounced any and all approval of Paterno once the facts came out.

Those people don’t like to be associated with such a stain, and I do have sympathy for them. With that being said, there’s a large minority that is the loudest, thus creating the cult narrative. Until that group can accept what happened, they will never be able to move on and will always be associated with such awfulness. Allegations like these don’t help, either.

Is a phrase commonly heard, but man, we are in a sweet spot that our rivals keep getting mired in disgusting scandals.

My friend in Alabama always says they often say “Hey, at least we aren’t Mississippi”. The same applies here

No surprises here.
1) Franklin had the same "culture" at Vanderbilt. I believe several of his players are serving "rape" sentences?
2) Ped State set the precedence. You can rape children in the locker room as long as you pay the fines.
3). How funny - it was investigated and the authorities decided not to move forward - dejavu?

Wonder if the students will riot in favor of the molester(s) again.

Gotta give this Humphrey guy credit for coming forth.
We all remember how "whistleblowers" are treated at Ped State.
Maybe Ron Cook will advocate Pitt hiring Franklin?

With that being said, there’s a large minority that is the loudest, thus creating the cult narrative

I appreciate those people whom you sympathize with, but my experience has been that a solid majority not a large minority are part of the "cult narrative.".........but I am quite prejudice as I was totally neutral upon my arrival in '72 from SC, and of course a college football fan eager to go to games, etc. Living and working with and around PSU (and Pitt fans) I quickly became disillusioned as I naively thought I had left the horrible oppressive cloud of racism behind......being the same age group as college students at the time I spent a lot of time with both fan groups '72-'73, most had no idea of my background. Well, let's just say I quickly became a Pitt fan, the Psu crowd was unashamedly racists (including older fans) ....and yes johnny majors and TD were easy to root for.....perhaps I spend too much time exposed to fans not alum

It’s the people that only know Penn St as football fans that tend to be the worst.

Last edited:
Pretty interesting stuff. I thought only Pitt fans and other college football fans from around the U.S. made jokes about Jerry Sandusky. Apparently Franklin and his best players like Parsons and Gross-Matos use poor Jerry as a punchline while they are hazing the younger guys. They are really a special bunch up there in creeepy valley.

I have sympathy as well for them (the normal fan).

it’s great not to see all the flaming “Pitt” posters on board today though.

If you read the ESPN article it is really really bad... like big time. The kid involved wasn’t even the one that turned it in, that’s telling
Really? That last line is interesting, didn’t know that. Who was it, or are you saying that it didn’t just happen to Humphries?

The whole thing is just really bad and, for the sake of the victims, I hope it’s not as bad as it makes it out to be. Also thought it was interesting that his dad brought it to Franklin’s attention and supposedly nothing was done. Will be interesting to see what happens next.

I appreciate those people whom you sympathize with, but my experience has been that a solid majority not a large minority are part of the "cult narrative.".........but I am quite prejudice as I was totally neutral upon my arrival in '72 from SC, and of course a college football fan eager to go to games, etc. Living and working with and around PSU (and Pitt fans) I quickly became disillusioned as I naively thought I had left the horrible oppressive cloud of racism behind......being the same age group as college students at the time I spent a lot of time with both fan groups '72-'73, most had no idea of my background. Well, let's just say I quickly became a Pitt fan, the Psu crowd was unashamedly racists (including older fans) ....and yes johnny majors and TD were easy to root for.....perhaps I spend too much time exposed to fans not alum
My wife went to PSU for a year but transferred out and graduated from Pitt. In her experience, the whole place is very like cult-like. You either drink the Kool Aid and get sucked in, or you will be like my wife and not fit in. It wasn't a minority of diehards, but it is the overall atmosphere of the school.

My wife went to PSU for a year but transferred out and graduated from Pitt. In her experience, the whole place is very like cult-like. You either drink the Kool Aid and get sucked in, or you will be like my wife and not fit in. It wasn't a minority of diehards, but it is the overall atmosphere of the school.
There have been quite a lot of transfers out of that program.

Yea, I remember them losing a lot of kids to the transfer portal last year, but I thought that was due to playing time, since they didn’t lose any starters?

Also read that the kids who left did so in good terms, and are still friends with their PSU teammates.

You think it’s a locker room wide problem, or just one kid who was bullied?

There have been quite a lot of transfers out of that program.

“At least we aren’t Pitt.” That’s what you’ll still hear most PSU fans say to this day. They think it’s so much more shameful to be slightly more irrelevant in college football than it is to be the epitome of sexual abuse facilitation and institutional failure. That perverse priority of values is what makes them who they are and their program the abomination it was under Paterno and still is under Franklin.

If you read the ESPN article it is really really bad... like big time. The kid involved wasn’t even the one that turned it in, that’s telling
I’d feel bad for ones who threw out gear and dismantled Paterno shrines... no sympathy from me for Joebots who live in denial

I can’t blame Pitt fans for going after this at all... it’s disgusting it’s a disgrace.... that’s not “hazing “ it’s a crime.

You guys don't really believe this kid's allegations do you?

I think they are about as believable as the OBJ fake money story.

OBJ was handing out real money and this kid is looking for a big check from PSU too, imo.

Reactions: bdur76

OBJ was handing out real money and this kid is looking for a big check from PSU too, imo.
Like cockroaches... TD appears to defend his school

His dad played at PS, and the kid grew up cheering for PS. His dad tried talking to Franklin and was blown off according to the story. Do you really think the dad and his son wanted to be blackballed by their friends and ex-teammates?

Reactions: DruidTM
They aren't my school. But seriously, you believe this happened?
It’s your School and let’s see

I’ve certainly got no reason to dismiss it out of hand??? Are you kidding????

That’s what happens when you cover up the worst scandal

You lose public trust and have to EARN it back

His dad played at PS, and the kid grew up cheering for PS. His dad tried talking to Franklin and was blown off according to the story. Do you really think the dad and his son wanted to be blackballed by their friends and ex-teammates?

I think the kid/dad is looking to cash a big check from PSU. Let's see how it plays out.

I think the kid/dad is looking to cash a big check from PSU. Let's see how it plays out.
Yeah cause if there’s one thing you can count on ... it’s PSU and Franklins abilities to run a tight Ship ...smh

If you actually do read the article, you will read that it is a quote from the player's lawyer about an anonymous tip given to the school (the same lawyer handling the case against PSU over the firing of the trainer). And we all know that lawyers never lie to help their clients cases.

Look, people need to go to jail if the players did these things. Two investigations and, so far, every known witness has refuted the claims he has made. Yeah, a player was suspended for a game, but there have been worse punishments for making pledges dance against their will since the anti-hazing law has taken affect.

The worst optic for Penn State, that no one is mentioning, is that they didn't include this event or investigation in their mandatory annual hazing report. That is absolutely the administration covering something up to not bring negative attention to their football team.

the kids dad played for PSU and approached Franklin about this issue. The dad knows going against the cult will cause his kid to get shamed beyond belief in public. You should praise this kid for having the value integrity instead of loyalty to program. We need more people like this in this world

The perp on his complaint was suspended for a game. Why would he be suspended if he didn’t do anything

Although he filed a federal lawsuit he was not the one that made the initial complaint

step away from the sport of football and think about values. You can’t pound your chest with success with honor unless you follow all the values. It’s time people do the right thing and call this out for what it is. There is a culture in that locker room where this behavior is acceptable. How did the football program come to this after the one of the worst if not the worst Sex scandal in college football? I’m not a lawyer but I don’t think the DA was looking at retaliation. He was looking at sexual assault. If the lawsuit proves retaliation then Franklin and the AD need to be fired

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

The federal grand jury will decide. One thing though, the local center county cesspool boot licking justice system will not be able to help on this one.

We'll see how it plays out, but on the surface, it sure looks like a money grab to me.

The experience he cites in his lawsuit and his farewell message on Twitter don't jive at all. Add that to the lack of corroborating witnesses, and it's hard to find his story credible, imo.

You're conflating two different things. The OBJ thing is relatively harmless even if it's true. If this kid's story is true, it's stunning that PSU can't get it figured out. I mean, just looking at what the school has said, there something going on. I'm also aware of what lengths some people will go to, to bully or intimidate someone. Still certainly possible that this is a money grab and I'm pretty sure we just saw that up their with the team doctor that filed a lawsuit. As I said in another post, PSU has become an ATM for anyone that the school wants to get out of the news but they obviously still don't know how to get in front of these things.

Reactions: TD_6082
They aren't my school. But seriously, you believe this happened?

No kid anywhere that would receive this much national attention is going to say there was a d*** between his cheeks. There are 1000s of other ways to concoct a lawsuit.

Then again you probably profess Paterno’s innocence too.

No kid anywhere that would receive this much national attention is going to say there was a d*** between his cheeks. There are 1000s of other ways to concoct a lawsuit.

Then again you probably profess Paterno’s innocence too.

Really? This is pretty much the tried and true blueprint to get money from PSU.

Really? This is pretty much the tried and true blueprint to get money from PSU.
Exhibit A. -TD now claims Sandusky victims were only in it for the money....

“Tried and true blueprint “...????

Go back to your board .... you expose yourself over and over.

Reactions: ratking17
So why don't we go on record. How many of you believe Isaiah Humphries?

I don't .

This could get ugly...……...

“As of today’s date, the investigation does not substantiate the serious allegations made,” Cantorna said. “What I mean by that is the evidence to date does not meet the high threshold necessary to file criminal charges and prove them beyond a reasonable doubt.”

He didn’t say the probe is closed, though. Cantorna said anyone with more information on the allegations can contact his office

Ain’t that the truth. The sad thing is that a lot of PSU alums are good, rational people. My cousin threw out all his Penn State gear the moment the Sandusky news broke. Our old neighbor denounced any and all approval of Paterno once the facts came out.

Those people don’t like to be associated with such a stain, and I do have sympathy for them. With that being said, there’s a large minority that is the loudest, thus creating the cult narrative. Until that group can accept what happened, they will never be able to move on and will always be associated with such awfulness. Allegations like these don’t help, either.
I often see nitter logos on cars in Florida. That is a very large minority.

Reactions: bdur76
This could get ugly...……...

“As of today’s date, the investigation does not substantiate the serious allegations made,” Cantorna said. “What I mean by that is the evidence to date does not meet the high threshold necessary to file criminal charges and prove them beyond a reasonable doubt.”

He didn’t say the probe is closed, though. Cantorna said anyone with more information on the allegations can contact his office

It’s already ugly.
It’s all true.
It’s Ped State.
Going back to the Paturdo years the “misadventures” of football personnel are well documented. What’s also well documented was/is the administrations tolerance to this crap.
Yes - “stuff” happens at every school. But NOBODY else had a “tickle monster” roaming campus for years. NOBODY else had thousands of students rioting in support of molesters. NOBODY else has the long continuing resume of this garbage.
BUT - they got the money- they pay fines - so it goes on and on.

‘Football first and only”
When’s the kickoff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT