ADVERTISEMENT

🇺🇸 Cricket with biggest upset of all time

They reopened the Cricket?

I was actually going to make a post about Cricket-type phones. I dont think they exist anymore but I see all these commercials for unlimited talk/text/data for Metro PCS and the like for like super cheap. I mean I get that they buy time on the networks of VZ, T Mobile, or ATT and you are 2nd priority on those airwaves but are people really losing calls or getting kicked off the internet with those cheap phone plans? Are we all paying too much for the Big 3?

Huge dub over 🇵🇰 at the Cricket World Cup, which is being played in Texas, oddly.

Cricket is here and it can't be stopped
They must all be immigrants from Pakistan, India or Jamaica, where would anyone learn to play cricket in the USA.

They must all be immigrants from Pakistan, India or Jamaica, where would anyone learn to play cricket in the USA.
And there are a lot of second generation Indians in the US. One of the star US players is US born but grew up in Barbados. Cricket is much like soccer in that you don't need expensive equipment for kids to play.
There is a new professional cricket league in the US. It could actually catch on.
If the US beats India, then we'll be talking cricket!

And there are a lot of second generation Indians in the US. One of the star US players is US born but grew up in Barbados. Cricket is much like soccer in that you don't need expensive equipment for kids to play.
There is a new professional cricket league in the US. It could actually catch on.
I used to live near this public soccer field complex in Maryland, on Summer Sundays when there was no soccer they set up a cricket field and there was a league, the teams where all ethnic based, Indian, Pakistani, Jamaicans, adult men and they all had nice uniforms, they where really into it. Played all day, that's the only time I remember seeing this sport played in the US personally.

Reactions: USN_Panther

I looked at the roster and there were only 4 players with English-sounding names, and they were probably from England. The rest sounded like Indian/Pakistani names and probably grew up playing the sport in those countries but hold American citizenship through a parent.

Reactions: Pitt79
I looked at the roster and there were only 4 players with English-sounding names, and they were probably from England. The rest sounded like Indian/Pakistani names and probably grew up playing the sport in those countries but hold American citizenship through a parent.
Lou Gramm and Mick Jones are both Foreigners. You cannot tell someone's nationality by their name. If you could, there would be no need for passports. Most people have the surname of their male parent. Some hyphenate like you do--with the surname of "Miller-Fan". That sounds Americanised from Ellis Island to me. Was that previously "Miller-Phan"?

Reactions: PittED2001
Lou Gramm and Mick Jones are both Foreigners. You cannot tell someone's nationality by their name. If you could, there would be no need for passports. Most people have the surname of their male parent. Some hyphenate like you do--with the surname of "Miller-Fan". That sounds Americanised from Ellis Island to me. Was that previously "Miller-Phan"?

You know what I mean. You can usually tell the ethnicity of someone's father by the last name. That doesn't mean you know the nationality but there is a high likelihood that if your last name is of a certain ethnicity, that you are actually from that country. Take Patel for example. Sure, there are many Patels in the US, 231K to be exact but there are 4.2 million in India. So when you hear of an American cricket player with the last name of Patel, its a pretty safe bet that he grew up playing cricket in India.

Last edited:
I think it still exists.
What still exists? The Cricket or his first STD (now known as STIs, but probably called VD when contracted).
If the latter, that means either untreated syphilis, herpes, or HIV.

What still exists? The Cricket or his first STD (now known as STIs, but probably called VD when contracted).
If the latter, that means either untreated syphilis, herpes, or HIV.
I believe the term was urethritis . Ouch ! 😵‍💫

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT