ADVERTISEMENT

11 now

Salempanther2015

Redshirt
Gold Member
Apr 8, 2015
So if we take say 22. What are we looking at for the rest position by position. How many O-lineman?

I would go with 2 O-lineman
1 more running back and TE
3 wideouts 2 corners 1 DT and
1 more linebacker

I know there is going to be some attrition,so maybe this class reaches 25. But I'm going with 22 because I have heard this number mentioned.

I doubt they take 5,most of their top targets have committed elsewhere so far so I expect maybe 3 or 4

I highly doubt all the florida kids (including the Mack kid from Alabama) will end up here.

Must count in your final numbers

You know its funny. Everyone says why dont we have any recruits ? We get some and then they say well they wont stick.

Reactions: TJOlsen
Why wont they ? Cause they are from Florida ? Narduzzi didnt want commits in Feb and March April cause those ones rarely stick. I would say maybe , maybe 1 of these guys from Sunday will decommit.

Why wont they ? Cause they are from Florida ? Narduzzi didnt want commits in Feb and March April cause those ones rarely stick. I would say maybe , maybe 1 of these guys from Sunday will decommit.

Agree... I could be wrong but from what I can recall I don't think Narduzzi commits have really changed on him to this point. I can't remember for sure exact numbers but I think Narduzzi stresses that they should only commit when they are sure. I think that has limited it to only a few who have went back on a commit.

Certainly hasn't been a big problem historically.

Agree... I could be wrong but from what I can recall I don't think Narduzzi commits have really changed on him to this point. I can't remember for sure exact numbers but I think Narduzzi stresses that they should only commit when they are sure. I think that has limited it to only a few who have went back on a commit.

Not a long history but there's been at least one flip on him the last two years.

The one potential pitfall of taking more kids from the $outh is the proximity to $EC schools. It's safe to assume that the coaches did their homework prior to accepting their verbal pledges but that won't stop $EC schools from trying until signing day.

He loses a verbal or two most years - last year the FB from Connecticut who got a Stanford offer, and the TE who went to school with Patti. I posted that there is a good chance they lose one or two from last weekend, too. Not a knock on anyone, but there was a lot of being caught up in the moment.

That said, I have posted countless times Nards like to play offense, not defense, and as someone above me noted, he does not pressure close kids and stress over keeping them on board. He lets them decide, because that increases the chance they stay committed.

AND, they actively poach other teams commits - last year Salahuddin, Hallett, Mimes, Carter, Bentley all had commiteted elsewhere before landing with Pitt. Similar numbers the prior two classes.

Thankfully, the extreme doom-and-gloom and nay-saying outlook about EVERYTHING Pitt-related seems to be a message board phenomenon. Otherwise, I would have needed to find all new friends and family years ago to avoid insanity!

I get that everyone wants more wins, but it’s a game... and being a passionate fan is fun. Cheering the team is fun. The recruiting cycle is fun. Why try so hard to always be miserable?

People worried about a commit or 2 flipping...well it happens everywhere. Hopefully none do, but the good news is our staff finishes strong.

The last guy we signed last year Salahuddin was our highlight rated. Does not mean he will be our best but still a real nice get for the last committ.

In 2017 our highest rated recruit Davis didn’t do much last year but was a true fresh. Twyman our next to last committ has a chance to be really good IMO.

In 2016 we finished really strong with Weaver, Camp, Hamlin, Matthews and Watts. Hamlin, Matthews and Watts are all started last year. Camp has nice upside and Weaver IMO has star potential.

BTW we stole Matthews from PSU and Camp from USC.

Bottom line...if we lose a verbal no need to freak out like some will as PN has proven he will finish strong.

Decommitments hurt from a fans perspective. But I try to always remember that these kids are under a lot of pressure and are just 16-18 years old. One kid will not make or break a team. Especially the Pitt Panthers.

Last edited:
Reactions: hansfam10
Because they wont.

You must be new to college football......
I don’t necessarily think that is true. We only had one change his mind last year. Duzz doesn’t usually have to many decommits. Once they commit they usually stick with Pitt

Last edited:
I am predicting many of these commits will blow up this season. many of the P5 schools that have not offered likely will. i dont want to be right but lets be honest.....this is the nature of recruiting these days

Im not 100% on Mack coming North. If Kancey gets an offer from the U he is gone.

If my prediction comes true..... and PN and staff can hold this bunch together then we have turned a corner in recruiting.

If local kids dont view Pitt as a destination so be it. The florida kids seemingly view this as a place to be which works just fine.

Kudos to PN and staff for working it.

BTW.........

does anyone remember the foolish thread titled 'The Florida myth"???

yea....me neither..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT