ADVERTISEMENT

2001 Pitt Football

DiehardPanther

Heisman Winner
Apr 26, 2017
We started out 1-5, and then won 6 straight to end the year. Walt tried using a new offense that backfired, but scrapped it midway through the year. If I recall correctly, Walt’s seat was red hot and SP even had conversations with Ron Zook about the HC position. Any chance Narduzzi does something similar here this year or next? Thoughts?

No, I don’t think that’ll happen, for two reasons.

1) The schedule, particularly this year, is brutal.
2) The team collapses in the second half of games and, in the past, seasons, so why should we expect anything different now?

No, it won't happen. Walt was experimenting wiht something new, and had something proven to fall back on. Duzz just appears lost and incapable of turning anything around.

But I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: Pittx9
Remember their win to propel them? They beat Temple and then they beat the 12th ranked VT Hokies. Anything can happen. It’s college football. Support the team and stop being so damn negative!
People will be positive when they see something positive to be positive about. You shouldn't be positive just to be positive without actually seeing anything positive.

We started out 1-5, and then won 6 straight to end the year. Walt tried using a new offense that backfired, but scrapped it midway through the year. If I recall correctly, Walt’s seat was red hot and SP even had conversations with Ron Zook about the HC position. Any chance Narduzzi does something similar here this year or next? Thoughts?
Regarding that 2001 fiasco, Walt sent the offensive staff up to Northwestern that spring to gain an understanding of the spread offense. Pitt introduced the spread with Priestly at QB, won the opener and lost the next five and DiehardPanther has explained the rest of the story. No chance in my worthless opinion that HCPN can succeed with the present staff and roster now or in the immediate future. I for one believed that PN was finally a great hire and success and stability were in the future but at this time I see another coaching change in another several years.

Reactions: Toddy_Too_Hotty
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT