ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting

cmr2133

Walk-on
Dec 12, 2010
This is the recruiting class that will show where our program is and what kind of coaching/recruiting we have with Narduzzi and his staff. The 2019 prospects in PA/WPIAL are probably the weakest (based on rankings and top talent) that we have seen. We are in May (7 months from early signing) and we have 0 recruits. If you look at Scout, it is depressing that we have very few "warm" prospects. Hopefully Narduzzi and the recruiting staff can pull in a strong class.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a class ranked in the 40s or 50s. To not have a single commit in May is a bit concerning now, to say the least. Can Capel help on the football front?

Reactions: FieldHouse12
you guys crack me up. So the best indicator of where our program is, will be determined by our recruiting class lol. You'd think how we do on the field this year would be a better indicator, how many games we win but not according to you clowns..

I tell myself, don't come on the free board, don't do it and what do I do, come on to the free board and read this.

you guys crack me up. So the best indicator of where our program is, will be determined by our recruiting class lol. You'd think how we do on the field this year would be a better indicator, how many games we win but not according to you clowns..

I tell myself, don't come on the free board, don't do it and what do I do, come on to the free board and read this.

Actually, recruiting is a pretty good indicator as to where our program currently is and will be in the future. Think about it - we went 5-7 last season and currently have ZERO commitments in our recruiting class.

But no, blind homerism says we're in a great place!

Reactions: SUPERTODD
We have beaten the #2 ranked team in the country two years in a row. One of those teams went on to win a national championship. We did this with inferior talent. It has taken a number of years to even restock the roster. Now for the first time in a long time, we have depth all over the D and the offense has is lead by a QB who has the look of a champion. Relax, everything is going to plan. This isn't the 1970's where Coach Majors can bring in 200 kids and let them compete for playing time. We have limits and HCPN is doing a very good job.

QB play is everything in CFB.

Just look at FSU last year with mediocre QB play.

Actually, recruiting is a pretty good indicator as to where our program currently is and will be in the future. Think about it - we went 5-7 last season and currently have ZERO commitments in our recruiting class.

Reactions: pittmeister
Expanding recruiting territory, apparently Staff is getting a long look at 2019 4-star (MaxPreps) WR recruit KarrYon Waywerdson from (Manhattan HS) Kansas 6'3 220 4.4 - strong hands, runs like the wind with legs like a gazelle. Under the radar in the east recruiting circles..."4 yards and then a cloud of dust in the wind" according to his HS Coach. Trying to find Hudl but haven't seen one yet

Recruiting is a good indicator the perception of our program. Right now it isn't pretty. Perception isn't reality though. We will play a bunch of teams this season that can grab anyone they want out of our back yard. If we beat those teams on the field, its all good. That is what changes perception.

Concerned about recruiting? Nope...
  1. I don't make 3 million a year to worry about it. That's Narduzzi and company's job to worry.
  2. Every year is the same. By the end of next month, we'll have more commits than some schools have right now..
  3. A couple of schools that are similar to Pitt are in the same boat. UCLA has zero commits and Syracuse has one commit. Courtney Jackson from Monroeville committed to Syracuse. Pitt didn't even offer.
  4. A lot of the kids committed today will not sign with the same school on signing day.

No commits yet? No big deal. How many "Early commits" did we have last year that de-commited? I would rather finish strong than get kids early and then go elsewhere at signing time

Reactions: pittmeister
Swervin and Fireballz...prove me wrong. You clearly think you know more than you do.
We will sign our allotted number of scholarships, I guarantee it. In 3 or 4 years, we will know if the class is any good.

My prediction, it will end anywhere from high 20s to high 30s, like most years.

The whole point I was making was how important this class is, especially with how weak PA/WPIAL are. Am I wrong?

The whole point I was making was how important this class is, especially with how weak PA/WPIAL are. Am I wrong?
Every class is important. Why would this one be any more important than last one?

The need for a good recruiting class is entirely independent of the strength or weakness of PA and the mythically powerful WPIAL.
I'll take as many players from Florida and Georgia you can send me regardless of the number of stars.
I follow the Big Ten pretty closely and everything Duzz has done is consistent with how it was done at MSU.
Building an identity is a tougher task than selling enough snake oil to beat Ohio State in recruiting.
That's not the guy we hired.
I'll worry about the number of recruits on LOI day.
Until then, my undies won't be in a bunch.

Swervin and Fireballz...prove me wrong. You clearly think you know more than you do.
Swervin definitely doesn't leave his moms basement. He gets off to calling anyone who doesn't call Pitt a national champion contender a PSU troll. Can never have an deep convo about Pitt football with anyone without him butting in. Definition of a loser.

No idea if people are trolls or not, but just the premise of the discussion, you cant argue with. Obviously we dont have any big recruits yet, and the local talent base is very bare. When we have big recruiting years, usually it stems from big name local recruits. Our team will be better on the field, and that will excite recruits. But it is difficult to recruit nationally off a lackluster year.

Swervin definitely doesn't leave his moms basement. He gets off to calling anyone who doesn't call Pitt a national champion contender a PSU troll. Can never have an deep convo about Pitt football with anyone without him butting in. Definition of a loser.
That is not true for Swervin.

One of the best recruiters in the country "James from State College"only has 3 recruits!Psu recruiting class is ranked 42 and WVU is 41 right now.It's early relax.

Reactions: HunterHemsley
Perception by recruits will determine your future. Narduzzi needs to win 8 games this year if he wants kids to believe. We’ve missed out on too much local talent the past 3 years for the perception to change.

The more frustrating thing about the recruiting is all the time they waste in Michigan and Georgia. How many times do you run your head into that wall before you give up on it? Why are we not hammering NJ, OH and the DMV more? PA, OH, NJ, FL, DMV and that’s it. Hammer those areas and forget the resr unless they come looking for you.

Not concerned with 0 commits thus far, but I expect this to be his lowesr rated class yet. Next year is where Narduzzi needs to strike after 8 wins and a good bowl game to go along with a pre-season top 25 ranking.

# of recruits SIGNED in May = 0.

# of games played in May = 0.

# of Camps hosted at Pitt in May = 0.

Amount of concern I have about the 2019 recruiting class in May = 0.

Let recruits get a look at our team with Kenny at QB and a mature defense. Pitt will get it's pound of flesh. Most of last season Pitt looked like a school that was trying to kill the goodwill it was building in HCPN's first two seasons, this year Pitt will be a better team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT