ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Central Catholic Prospects

Yes the kid that grew 4 inches in college that was at an FCS school won an all conference award.

They have 8 D1 kids a year
Well yeah you asked for someone that was all conference at "any level." FCS is a level of football, Division 1 no less.

Well yeah you asked for someone that was all conference at "any level." FCS is a level of football, Division 1 no less.
Yes but the point was the kid grew 4 inches in college and was playing at a smaller level. PCC juice is not worth the squeeze

Gonzalez yes, Speca? You would think the anchor of the defense wouldn't get run over and make a stop or 2 the last two years against NA in the championship (and also against PR this year).
I didn't see that game, but I did see others, and he made huge progress from last year to this year. If that continues, he will be just fine. He's just a 3-star with potential at this point, but it could easily happen. Probably limited to MLB, I'd guess.

Gonzalez yes, Speca? You would think the anchor of the defense wouldn't get run over and make a stop or 2 the last two years against NA in the championship (and also against PR this year).

We have been trotting Brandon George out on the field so the answer is yes Pitt would have taken Speca

I didn't realize Xxavier Thomas from Central committed to Penn State, not that I thought we had a chance at a PSU offer. We arent in that game anymore. BTW, werent we talking about how far Central pulls from in comparison to SJP. Central's reach is just as far, mileage-wise. It just so happens that SJP has 3 states and many more people in a 30 mile radius. Thomas is from Canonsburg. That's a heck of a commute into Oakland everyday.

I can already tell you that Pitt has no chance with the three Class of 2027 kids at PCC that already have P5 offers. They are all studs and they have zero interest in Pitt. Not sure why, heard some rumblings about Duzz, but PSU is light years ahead at the school right now. We definitely need to figure out a way to close the gap. Too good of a pipeline school to be losing out this early in the process.

I doubt he had a commitable offer from PSU. Those days are over.

I asked my son about this …
Per SeanFitz who is one of their recruiting staff writers. “PS liked his testing numbers, felt he was a bit of a tweener due to height at Lb/DE. If he was 2” taller he would have been a take. They liked him but used that scholarship at another position.”

They aren’t going to get every kid, Pitt needs to keep recruiting the kids they want. Let PSU do their thing and don’t worry about it. Think of it this way.
GT is never going to beat UGA in recruiting. So all we ask of our staff is just recruit the kids you want. Bigger schools miss out on kids all the time because they can be super selective

I can already tell you that Pitt has no chance with the three Class of 2027 kids at PCC that already have P5 offers. They are all studs and they have zero interest in Pitt. Not sure why, heard some rumblings about Duzz, but PSU is light years ahead at the school right now. We definitely need to figure out a way to close the gap. Too good of a pipeline school to be losing out this early in the process.
Who are the 3 kids?

I asked my son about this …
Per SeanFitz who is one of their recruiting staff writers. “PS liked his testing numbers, felt he was a bit of a tweener due to height at Lb/DE. If he was 2” taller he would have been a take. They liked him but used that scholarship at another position.”

They aren’t going to get every kid, Pitt needs to keep recruiting the kids they want. Let PSU do their thing and don’t worry about it. Think of it this way.
GT is never going to beat UGA in recruiting. So all we ask of our staff is just recruit the kids you want. Bigger schools miss out on kids all the time because they can be super selective

Yea there's no way Duzz beats Franklin/Smith for a WPIAL kid that has a commitable offer. Its not 2016 or 17 anymore when he used to beat PSU for recruits once in awhile.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT