ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 ACC Opponents

Fredact

Sophomore
Mar 19, 2011
The ACC has released the opponent match-ups for next season. Pitt gets Syracuse, Louisville and North Carolina twice. Of the newcomers we get Cal and Stanford at home and SMU on the road. So Pitt is not going to the West Coast--I'm guessing they will be scheduling those as a 2 game road-trip for teams.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Interestingly (or many not, ymmv), the women are still going to play 18 conference games so you only get one double opponent. They announced the women's opponent's for the next two seasons and everyone gets the same double opponent both years. Pitt's double opponent is SMU.

Looking at Cal and Stanford's possible road trips:

Cal
Trip 1. UNC & NC St
2. Duke & Clem
3. Lou & GT
4. Pitt & ND
5. SMU (and Stan)

Stanford
1. UNC & Wake
2. Duke & Clem
3. Lou & GT
4. Pitt & ND
5. SMU (and Cal)

You wouldn't think they'd bus between Pitt/ND or Lou/GT. Maybe they could bus between Lou/ND and fly between Pitt/GT.

If it were me, I'd cut out a trip and do like a Thu/Sun/Tue at Duke/UNC/Wake and Lou/Clem/GT.

You never know what the teams will look like next year, but I’d say our home schedule is favorable for Ws and not going to Cali nice for the team travel wise (even if they fans want to go). However , our road ACC slate has the potential to be pretty challenging.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT