ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Opponents

As I said, they will arrive on Thursday for Saturday games. Its completely unrealistic to fly cross country, have dinner, go to sleep, and then wake up and play.

You linked an article from September that said they're still figuring it out. Plenty of sports teams travel long distances the day before their game.

I wonder if Cal and Stanford will do a Saturday/Thursday deal on the East Coast every year. Like for example, lets say Cal leaves after classes on Thursday afternoon. Plays at Wake on Saturday, stays in NC and practices and then flies up to Pittsburgh on Wednesday for a Thursday night game. Cal would have only 1 other East Coast trip (FSU) plus a 3.5 hour flight to Dallas which isnt bad.

Stanford can do a Saturday in Clemson then stay for a Thursday nighter in Raleigh. NC State always seems to have a Thursday night game anyway. Stanford would only have 1 other East coast trip then (Syr).
I would think the schedule makers would make a best effort to give Stanford and Cal a bye the following week so as to avoid the suggestion you are making.

• It seems they mostly did what everyone wanted with the rotation as there's little complaining but would like to know what everyone actually requested.
  • Guess ok with Cuse, BC and almost Ville annually. Would have preferred less Ville and more Va.
  • ND's rotation is set, but some talk they may reshuffle them?
  • With no divisions, fewer annual repeats, and coast to coast rotating, not confident the current staff can navigate that every year.

Reactions: jctrack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT