ADVERTISEMENT

24/25 Lineup + Transfer Speculation (Coming and Going)

No real connection to Pitt but definitely an interesting option to kick the tires on. 157/165 is where we are a big question mark and a 1 year stop gap to let guys develop would work well

Reactions: Silkky1982
Evan Tallmadge is listed as a Pitt wrestler for last chance qualifier. Pretty good sign he is coming here id say
He posted a picture where he was with someone in a pitt sweatshirt last weekend and his comments on Vinnies post are practically announcing his commitment

Why not try to get your grad degree paid for. Ryan Michaels in the portal too. Lledo is going to lock haven

Reactions: singregardless
Dorian Crosby in the portal. If Pitzer will be healthy next year obviously wouldn’t be a consideration but if that allows him to get surgery and fully rehabilitate could be an excellent option. Anyone know the rehab Pitzer is looking at?

Reactions: jctrack
To be fair, he was beating up on guys like Tyler Badgett in HS. Thats who he beat in state finals senior year. Cali didnt have any competition that year. I also believe that MSU was his best or near best offer
He didn’t have much competition as a senior because a number of top guys changed weight classes to avoid him. Including Clovis and Poway.

Last edited:
Kranitz had a solid year as Bucknell's starting 184. Won over 20 matches and had many close loses to national qualifiers. He has 3 years of eligibility left, would expect him to sit behind Reece next year then challenge for the starting spot in 2026/2027

Hate to see that program being gutted. After Buffalo got rid of their coach, 12 guys, maybe more, have entered the portal.

• Wow
One of the wrestlers said that the whole team committed to come back but then the coach was let go. Clearly a lot of guys liked him!

• Wow
Yeah, that’s a shame. It almost looks like a situation where before that decision was made they had to have somebody already ready to be hired so they can get a hold of these kids before they make that decision.

Does anybody know the word on Talmadge just because he was the first one we heard about and then all of a sudden Kranitz committed and they announced it already has he committed or is it coming shortly?

Does anybody know the word on Talmadge just because he was the first one we heard about and then all of a sudden Kranitz committed and they announced it already has he committed or is it coming shortly?
My guess is a transfer from an academy is not as simple and there’s probably a little more red tape that needs finalized before they can formally announce it.

Tallamadge has committed.
Next year’s likely lineup
125: Tallamadge / Chappell
133: Vinnie
141: Ant / Priest / Brown
149: Finn
157: Evans / Keslar
165: MacKay
174: Luca
184: Heller / Kranitz
197: Stout
285: Pitzer

Reactions: persp and jctrack
What happened with Tallamadge at Navy? was starter at beginning of year but not at end

Tallamadge has committed.
Next year’s likely lineup
125: Tallamadge / Chappell
133: Vinnie
141: Ant / Priest / Brown
149: Finn
157: Evans / Keslar
165: MacKay
174: Luca
184: Heller / Kranitz
197: Stout
285: Pitzer
Is that good enough?

Reactions: persp
I do really like that lineup. But an upgrade or two can still easily occur and needs to occur if you want to challange Vtech UNc etc not even talking about nc state because they are loaded for one more year

125- now have two guys who can win matches at the college level. Feel a lot better with depth may the best man win.
133- vinnie has another year post injury to show he is capable. Encouraging start but didn’t secure national bid which was disappointing
141- ant is perhaps Pitts highest ranked recruit since? Coming off injury so probably won’t have the highest expectations but should be good
149- I think everyone can agree the arrow is pointing up on Finn
157- keslar/ Evans will be a good battle. Either way like 125 happy to have two capable guys now but overall a lot needs to be proven
165- McKay I would look hard at the transfer portal but at least have a heralded recruit
174- Luca is a top 20 guy at the least
184- great depth heller and kranitz are very good 1-2 punch
197- Stout may be our #1 guy in lineup
HWT- Pitzer if healthy should be an all American candidate

I was actually looking on Twitter regarding Harrington and I was gonna ask somebody the same question because I saw that his mother is following Keith Gavin now as well as him

Im with others that a one year transfer at 157 and 165 might be the best move for the team. Lots of potential there now but not sure Evans or Mackay is quite ready for major college action just yet. This is based on what I saw from them this year

I still want to bring in Austin Johnson if he could make 197, he would be a top notch recruit ready after stout graduates.

Tristan Steldt also recently took a visit. Out of Wisconsin
Is he an Askren kid? It would be nice to get a pipeline from there, tons of good kids coming from there, and I believe I heard Askren mention the Hellers came from his club.

Askey from App State that I wanted at 157 is transferring to Minnesota. Also, there are rumors that Mason Gibson could be decommitting from Penn State and heading to Rutgers.

Maybe Erik is transferring out. Only has wrestled one match in two years

Askey from App State that I wanted at 157 is transferring to Minnesota. Also, there are rumors that Mason Gibson could be decommitting from Penn State and heading to Rutgers.
This wouldn't be surprising because I don't think Gibson ever sees the lineup at PSU.

You’re not wrong and it would be nice to get a few and then you see certain guys that you almost know are not at the level of who they bring in already like a Gary Steen. I sure the hell don’t want him back, but why did he ever leave? He will never see the Mat unless it’s for like senior day or major injuries so he’s just gonna get beat on in practice for five years. Sounds like a lot of fun.

It’s crazy that they have guys like Barraclaugh who could AA anywhere, just sit the bench and probably never start. Maybe they just want to be a part of a great team, even if you don’t get in the lineup much?

Braeden Davis was the number 1 seed at NCAAs and may not even start again with Lilledahl coming in.

I didn’t understand why Steen would go there when he was set up to be a multi year starter at Pitt.

It’s crazy that they have guys like Barraclaugh who could AA anywhere, just sit the bench and probably never start. Maybe they just want to be a part of a great team, even if you don’t get in the lineup much?

Braeden Davis was the number 1 seed at NCAAs and may not even start again with Lilledahl coming in.

I didn’t understand why Steen would go there when he was set up to be a multi year starter at Pitt.
Pitt was not really an option for Steen when he decommitted.

That’s why I think Mason Gibson is possibly de committing and moving on to another school because they have Lilledahl coming in and will start at 125 and Braden Davis will most likely go to 133

Reactions: TJ-Pinzburgh
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT