ADVERTISEMENT

3/11 Brackets of interest

SteelBowl70

Redshirt
Mar 12, 2016
Some of Pitt’s strongest advocates have been Palm, Decourcey and Katz. Will be interesting to see what their next brackets look like. Palm and Katz had Pitt as a 9 and Decourcey a 10.

We know the metrics and the NET addicts comprising most of bracketmatrix will be brutal. Pitt already was not in 15% of the brackets going into the game and that number will probably be over 75% tomorrow. Lunardi and ESPN have been lukewarm on Pitt and probably drop Pitt further down or out from their current top 11 seed position.

Last edited:
have been Palm, Decourcey and Katz. Will be interesting to see what their next brackets look like. Palm and Katz had Pitt as a 9 and Decourcey a 10.

We know the metrics and the NET addicts comprising most of bracketmatrix will be brutal. Pitt already was not in 15% of the brackets going into the game and that number will probably be over 75% tomorrow. Lunardi and ESPN has been lukewarm on Pitt and probably drops Pitt further or out.
Rothstein too. Had them 25th before the ACCT

have been Palm, Decourcey and Katz. Will be interesting to see what their next brackets look like. Palm and Katz had Pitt as a 9 and Decourcey a 10.

We know the metrics and the NET addicts comprising most of bracketmatrix will be brutal. Pitt already was not in 15% of the brackets going into the game and that number will probably be over 75% tomorrow. Lunardi and ESPN has been lukewarm on Pitt and probably drops Pitt further or out.
We won’t be out of 75%. I don’t know if that’s what you mean. No way.

Not with Nevada, Wisconsin, and Ok St losing. Just not enough teams yet to move us out in 3/4 brackets. That can’t happen overnight.

We won’t be out of 75%. I don’t know if that’s what you mean. No way.

Not with Nevada, Wisconsin, and Ok St losing. Just not enough teams yet to move us out in 3/4 brackets. That can’t happen overnight.
We will see but many of these simply use NET as the main metric. I couldn’t fathom that 15% excluded Pitt today. The ridiculous of NET is that Pitt would have better metrics now losing to GT by one rather than winning and losing big today. Absurd.

We will see but many of these simply use NET as the main metric. I couldn’t fathom that 15% excluded Pitt today. The ridiculous of NET is that Pitt would have better metrics now losing to GT by one rather than winning and losing big today. Absurd.
UNC about to lose as well. Pitt keeps a Q1 win in UVA.

Pitt avoided the real bubble craziness tonight to get us in real trouble. Ok St or UNC winning would have been problems.

Pitt will make the tourney , but get embarrassed game 1 because they are content with a "good" season.

Reactions: PittPoker
UNC about to lose as well. Pitt keeps a Q1 win in UVA.

Pitt avoided the real bubble craziness tonight to get us in real trouble. Ok St or UNC winning would have been problems.
I’m with you Michigan, Nevada, Oklahoma State and North Carolina all losing today when they were all still behind Pitt going into today was huge. I’m rooting for Clemson to lose tonight to NC State since Clemson is behind us as well. A loss there and I will feel really good about the day Pitt had today aside from the blowout debacle at the hands of Duke.

Reactions: cabe23
Still time for additional bubble bursting. I’m hoping for:
LSU over Vandy
NC State over Clemson
Creighton over Villanova (more so they don’t make run)
USC over Arizona State
New Mexico over Utah State

I think Pitt is in, but will be close with regard to Dayton. You could make arguments for or against Dayton both ways. Lack of Q1/2 wins and bad losses versus solid road/neutral record. But I don’t think there are enough teams left to enter the field and keep Pitt out of the field of 68.

Most of the 15% that had Pitt out had OkSt in. OkSt isnt going to gain on Pitt today.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Not going so hot tonight with Utah State and ASU leading and Clemson cruising again. Need te dominoes to start falling our way and hope for no shenanigans in the Big East, Mountain West, or Pac12 finals.

Feels like we’re dying a slow death. I don’t know why I’m starting to feel like we’re going to end up the first team out.
Nah. NCSU probably dropped behind Pitt even after yesterday. UNC is done. Nevada will drop behind Pitt. Other results went in Pitt's favor too. After yesterday, it's hard to imagine a scenario in which Pitt is not in. Bid stealers types are dropping in other tournaments too.

Reactions: hailtopitt25
Palm dropped Pitt to an 11. NC State 9 and Clemson still not in. Even though it’s dated 7:13 AM, one wonders if it took into account the late games. NC State wasn’t dropped and Clemson, ASU and USU are still out and all won.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pittnerski
Palm dropped Pitt to an 11. NC State 9 and Clemson still not in. Even though it’s dated 7:13 AM, one wonders if it took into account the late games. NC State wasn’t dropped and Clemson, ASU and USU are still out and all won.
Yea just saw that. His brackets are absurd. How is Nevada still in the last 4 in and they lost to San Jose State last night and Clemson blows out NC State and they are still not in and NC State is a 9 seed after losing by 24 to them.

Yea just saw that. His brackets are absurd. How is Nevada still in the last 4 in and they lost to San Jose State last night and Clemson blows out NC State and they are still not in and NC State is a 9 seed after losing by 24 to them.

During the Nevada/SJSU game, the announcers were saying that Jerry Palm said Nevada didnt necessarily need to win that one. Seemed like they were in regardless unless there were bid stealers. I don't agree. But the MWC metrics are out if this world

Right so you need to factor in last night’s games.

Last edited:
Right so you need to factor in last night’s games.
Yea the date and time of his brackets is today March 10 and it’s 7:13 AM so why wouldn’t he factor in last nights most up to date results unless he is a complete moron. How is Clemson not in over NC State after what happened last night??

Yea the date and time of his brackets is today March 10 and it’s 7:13 AM so why wouldn’t he factor in last nights most up to date results unless he is a complete moron. How is Clemson not in over NC State after what happened last night??
Clemson’s ooc sos is awful which is routinely where the selection committee seems to punish teams on the bubble. Losing at home to Louisville was awful too.

Also, it seems the selection committee often doesn’t put a ton of emphasis on conference tournaments. We’ll see.

Clemson’s ooc sos is awful which is routinely where the selection committee seems to punish teams on the bubble. Losing at home to Louisville was awful too.

Also, it seems the selection committee often doesn’t put a ton of emphasis on conference tournaments. We’ll see.
Clemson’s ooc sos is in the 300s. That’s really bad. Penn State in the 200s.

PItt , by comparison , is 125.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Lunardi late update

LAST FOUR IN​

Bubble Report (through March 10): PLAYED THEIR WAY IN: Penn State, Utah State, Rutgers and Mississippi State; PLAYED THEIR WAY OUT: Clemson, Nevada, North Carolina and Michigan; TOO CLOSE TO CALL: Pittsburgh, Arizona State and Oklahoma State (three teams for two spots). LURKING: Vanderbilt and Ohio State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT