ADVERTISEMENT

55K for Saturday?

5-0... scoring points... Steelers suck... non noon kickoff... 75 degrees with clear skies. You'd have to think so, no?

No. 45K actual. Even if tickets and parking was free, there arent 55K people willing to go to a game unless it involves playing a name brand team. They will watch on TV.

Cal wont bring many fans and I doubt Pitt sells more than 1000 or so single game tickets.

How many will be WVU fans?

They'll be tough to differentiate from the Cal fans if you only go by the color of attire. You may have to look for the glass eye and/or track marks and/or unkempt facial hair and/or tail and/or neck goiter and/or hand conjoined with sister and/or fifth of Calico Jack protruding from the back pocket and/or various other deformities. And if that doesn't work, a single sniff should do the trick.

• Haha
Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
No. 45K actual. Even if tickets and parking was free, there arent 55K people willing to go to a game unless it involves playing a name brand team. They will watch on TV.

Cal wont bring many fans and I doubt Pitt sells more than 1000 or so single game tickets.
I don’t know. Whole lot of Cal alumni in New York and DC who probably don’t get out west to see their team too often. This is easily the closest trip on their schedule from those two cities. Wouldn’t be a total surprise to see them turn out a few folks.

Yeah, after I posted that I almost changed it to 50. I think 55 is too ambitious. I'm thinking 48ish would be my o/u with a possibility of being pleasantly surprised because it's such a nice day.

nice weather, team is undefeated, nice acc game at 3:30pm. go, enjoy yourself and dont worry about the attendance.

the pitt fans will there cheering loudly as will the students. it will be a good atmosphere

Rarely do I agree with you, but this is one of them. Only three teams move the needle and Cal isn't one of them. Maybe closer to 50k but that is about it. (I hope I am wrong.)

May affect attendance... :)

When I was young, we went to a bunch of Steeler games and took the Birmingham Bridge to get to the stadium. I always thought it was so random that there was an exit sign that pointed the way to Oakland. Like, all the cities in the world and they were randomly telling people how to get to one that was 3,000 miles west. I assumed it was because McGwire and Canseco were so popular at the time. No joke.

I think there's a good chance they'll announce 55k in attendance. But actual attendance will be less.

Wasn't Pitt Stadium a carbon copy of their stadium, too?
THEIR stadium is nearly identical to PITT Stadium. I always assumed they employed the same architect who did Pitt Stadium. Like our old gem, their's is built into a hillside. I'm pretty that the Cal version does NOT have a track around it, allowing the stands to be much closer to the field.

Memorial Stadium image gallery

They'll be tough to differentiate from the Cal fans if you only go by the color of attire. You may have to look for the glass eye and/or track marks and/or unkempt facial hair and/or tail and/or neck goiter and/or hand conjoined with sister and/or fifth of Calico Jack protruding from the back pocket and/or various other deformities. And if that doesn't work, a single sniff should do the trick.

I know we are joking around here but it couldn't be any easier to tell WVU and Cal fans apart. WVU fans live up to every stereotype. Just a completely fat and ugly group of people. For the Cal fans that will be there, they/them will not look like the Commies you described as those people hate sports. Cal fans will look like humans. WVU fans do not.

Dont forget the hipster flannel and tossel cap.....on a glorious warm day

I see the following similarities

School colors, basically

School logos. Both....perfection. traditional, understated and timeless

Stadiums highly similar. We had cardiac hill, they have cheapskate hill (think the clemente bridge for pirates games)

For those that have been to their campus, it is a lot like Pitt. The main retail strip down below, and the campus goes up the hill (s) with the stadium at the peak.

Pretty urban area. Certainly not a small town feel.

I know we are joking around here but it couldn't be any easier to tell WVU and Cal fans apart. WVU fans live up to every stereotype. Just a completely fat and ugly group of people. For the Cal fans that will be there, they/them will not look like the Commies you described as those people hate sports. Cal fans will look like humans. WVU fans do not.

That is correct. If there are 100 hypothetical hurdles of evolution between Neanderthal and Homosapien, West Virginian folks look like they cleared maybe 78ish of them and then just sort of puttered out and stopped evolving. They're closer to us than they are Neanderthals, but you can tell there is just something that isn't quite right. I'm not being an a-hole about it at all or suggesting it is something they can do anything about. I am genuinely just speaking fact, and I'm sure there is some sort of biological testing that could back this up. We can all pretend like we don't see it, but... we see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT