ADVERTISEMENT

9 seed projection in new brackets

SteelBowl70

Redshirt
Mar 12, 2016
Consensus seems to be that Pitt is currently a 9 seed. That’s where Palm and Lunardi have us with the average on Bracketmatrix of 9.65

We dropped one line (from 8) in Lunardi’s bracket today. Duke also a 9 and NC State 8. Clemson and UNC among last 4 in.

Pitt is ranked higher in the polls than in these brackets since a 29 would almost be a 7 seed.

Would be nice to fall on the 7/10 line if we can't rise to a 6 seed or better. There aren't many elite teams this year, and we would have a legitimate shot at knocking off a #2 as opposed to an Alabama or a Purdue.

Consensus seems to be that Pitt is currently a 9 seed. That’s where Palm and Lunardi have us with the average on Bracketmatrix of 9.65

We dropped one line (from 8) in Lunardi’s bracket today. Duke also a 9 and NC State 8. Clemson and UNC among last 4 in.

Pitt is ranked higher in the polls than in these brackets since a 29 would almost be a 7 seed.
UNC looks bad.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
If we win at least 3 more games, this will all change, especially if we win a couple in the ACCT. @ Miami and @ VT will be tough. @ ND won't be a pushover either. I see us going 2 - 1 in those games and beating BC and GT.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Beat Louisville by whatever we wanted the score to be. Beat FSU by 8 and control basically the whole game

Nearly every team ranked 17-30 lost last week…. At least once….

Drop from a high 8 seed to a low 9.

Makes sense

During the BC game last night, the commentators were critical of Lunardi's seeding for Pitt. They put up two blind resumes, one a 6 seed and one a 9 seed. The 9 seed's resume was clearly better based on the metrics presented. The 6 seed was Rutgers and Pitt was the 9. They made a lot of the same comments that are made here: computers see one thing, but we use our eyes and Pitt is way better than a 9 seed. They've done enough at this point to pass my eye test as well, and I think we're presently under-seeded.

A counterargument is that we started 1-3, were picked to finish 14th in the ACC, and we haven't made the NCAAs since 2016. That's a lot to overcome and it's not surprising that the pundits aren't yet convinced.

I'm in Capel's camp. Keep going 1-0 and don't think about anything else. If we do that, we will be fine.

And to dream big, win out and I fully expect Pitt to be a protected seed (1-4) on selection Sunday.

Pitt moved up 2 in the NET as well from 51 to 49 with their win over BC. If they barely beat Virginia Tech on the road and get another Quad 1 win on Saturday are they gonna move down in the NET and not be ranked again going into next week with a record of 13-3 in the ACC and 20-7 overall?? Nothing will surprise me anymore. These computers and people that do the rankings are a bunch of ****ing morons plain and simple. There is really no nicer way to say it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT