ADVERTISEMENT

A damning indictment on Narduzzi and Cignetti

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
It’s quite clear that Nate Yarnell is night-and-day better than any quarterback on this roster. He’s had the highest upside of any QB since Kenny Pickett was here. He started once last year and played well on the road. Narduzzi even compared him to Pickett on the Jim Rome Show during the 2021 season.

Yet he was somehow third on the depth chart and didn’t get an opportunity to start until the last home game of the season? What does that say about our head coach and offensive coordinator’s ability to evaluate talent and put the best players on the field?

Important to consider what they're paying Jurkovec in NIL money to begin with. It's mid-6 figures supposedly and Narduzzi had to keep playing him until he just couldn't any more. Unfortunately it was too late by then. And with CV, I just think it was a dumb mistake by Narduzzi and Cignetti in playing him over Nate.

These coaches are terrible in how they handle the little talent we do have.

Important to consider what they're paying Jurkovec in NIL money to begin with. It's mid-6 figures supposedly and Narduzzi had to keep playing him until he just couldn't any more. Unfortunately it was too late by then. And with CV, I just think it was a dumb mistake by Narduzzi and Cignetti in playing him over Nate.

Since when has PJ been getting mid-6 figures NIL $. If so, those making decisions on NIL $ may be bigger dopes than the coaches.

Narduzzi isnt forced to play anyone because of NIL. Jurkovec is on a general salary. Its not like some big booster wants him to play. The NIL folks want wins, they dont care who plays. And I would guess he's making 250K or less.

Didn't CV go on the road and beat a Louisville team that is light years better than BC and look much better than Nate tonight in doing it?
I hope you aren’t serious….

But if you are….

True, but what about all the other games he has played? Are you forgetting the ND game?

It’s quite clear that Nate Yarnell is night-and-day better than any quarterback on this roster. He’s had the highest upside of any QB since Kenny Pickett was here. He started once last year and played well on the road. Narduzzi even compared him to Pickett on the Jim Rome Show during the 2021 season.

Yet he was somehow third on the depth chart and didn’t get an opportunity to start until the last home game of the season? What does that say about our head coach and offensive coordinator’s ability to evaluate talent and put the best players on the field?
You aren't serious, are you?

You aren't serious, are you?
tenor.gif

I agree with your post, but also we all said the same thing after CV first game.

Let’s let Yarnell play another game against a team with a decent secondary, like Duke.
True, although I will say that I’ve always been higher on Yarnell than Veilleux. I was willing to get behind Veilleux because I just wanted the best QB to play, but I thought Yarnell could be “the guy” for a few years now. Glad he’s getting his opportunity now.

Didn't CV go on the road and beat a Louisville team that is light years better than BC and look much better than Nate tonight in doing it?
CV also played like trash to a trash Syracuse team. The only games that Pitt should’ve lost on the schedule this year were to Notre Dame, Florida State, and North Carolina. and I actually think if they had developed Nate Yarnell, they beat one of those three teams.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
I agree with your post, but also we all said the same thing after CV first game.

Lets let Yarnell play another game against a team with a decent secondary, like Duke.
CV has NEVER stood calmly in the pocket and looked off revivers and gone through progressions. He’s thrown some nice deep balls occasionally but that’s about it.

CV has by far the stronger arm but there’s way more to being a qb than being able to spin the ball

Nate has shone Moxie in his two starts so far

I’m not saying he’s the answer at qb but it’s clear he is a much much better qb than CV

after the game. smf look at me...... omg
and people fall for it

He does deserve to laugh ...

CV also played like trash to a trash Syracuse team. The only games that Pitt should’ve lost on the schedule this year were to Notre Dame, Florida State, and North Carolina. and I actually think if they had developed Nate Yarnell, they beat one of those three teams.
This is a bad Pitt team. 6 or 7 wins was the ceiling for this team, imo. Mediocre OL (that's probably being nice) and the defense just isn't very good.

the defense gave up when they knew they had no chance because the qb didnt care. Actually just gave the ball away like 10 times in 4 games.....

but lets praise his passing abilty to throw the ball 10 to 20 yards over the nearest receiver. Till this day i have never seen that from a QB ever.

Lets let Yarnell play another game against a team with a decent secondary, like Duke.

Yeah I'm far from crowning Yarnell right now. He had a run game, whereas some of the other guys didn't, and that was a pretty pedestrian stat line against a depleted secondary. I'm not saying he is or isn't the guy, but who could know at this point?

If you watch Syracuse, they didn't let our receivers get behind them because throwing over the top was CV's strength. Let's hold our horses and see what Yarnel does against teams that actually game plan against his propensities.

Can anybody translate this for me?
not that hard.....
he says nothing during the game.
as soon as it ends..he posts a carrot for the kids
and he laughs at the dumb ones that fall for it.
duh
translate your slow life.

I remember that like it was yesterday. Blair had the Field House rocking earlier in the day when he tossed Ralph Sampson over his shoulder.

I remember those old Charles Smith teams. Their matchups with Duke/UNC were epic. Should have won the ACC but Laettner and Hurley were too much. The Pitt student section back then sure heckled the hell out of those guys though.

I remember those old Charles Smith teams. Their matchups with Duke/UNC were epic. Should have won the ACC but Laettner and Hurley were too much. The Pitt student section back then sure heckled the hell out of those guys though.

That was before my time. I started rooting for Pitt when Ronald Ramon drained that three over Jerry West at the Civic Arena for the dub.

I think it says that the OC has a sh*t eye for QB talent. He seems to have literally preferred 4 QBs that I think Yarnell is better than.

Reactions: boseman7
I think it says that the OC has a sh*t eye for QB talent. He seems to have literally preferred 4 QBs that I think Yarnell is better than.

Almost 5, really. Slovis, Patti, Jurkovec, CV... and then they said they found out during the week of practice if they were going to let Yarnell or Derek Kyler start against WMU last season. That's why I'm still skeptical. I don't think our coaches can be THAT out of touch.

What is more likely to happen at Duke?

1) We win emphatically, and NY captures the starting position and never looks back?

2) We struggle again on offense, against a team that has a pulse, and we're right back to having no idea who the guy is for 2024?

Not being negative, but I'm piecing the tea leaves together with recent history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT