ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Brackets

Ryno53

Redshirt
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2013

125: Camacho got a great path, honestly should be a national qualifier. With 3 automatic placers in this weight it was a gift, hope he takes advantage

133: Should be Myers vs Micky in the finals. Should be a great match.

141: Perfect place for Cole IMO. Has Hillegas 1st round which will be tough but he beat him in freestyle a few months ago. A win there sets him with with another match with Tariq. Cole has been so close agaisnt him, one of these matches has to go his way right?

149: Minor surprise with Burnett being listed over Kemerer. Who knows what Burnett can do but I'm excited to see

157: Badgett has the last seed and deservedly so, don't see him getting out although he probably only has to beat McClure or LaRue to move on which is certainly possible

164: Wentzel gets the #1 which is great but not a big fan of the draw. Has the winner of Monday/Bullard. Bullard has kind of been his kryptonite but either way he will be fine, knowing the competitor he is I'm guessing he would welcome another shot at him. Lewis is listed in the bracket so it appears he will be good to go

174: McGill kind of similar to Badgett. Not expecting him to get out and with one less AQ he would have to beat two guys he lost to earlier in the year

184: Harvey winning his first match would be a big boost. 3 AQ's here and I am not very optimistic he would get a wild card with the season he has had. I see him having a nice tournament and rebounding from an overall down year

197: Nino gets the #1 seed but I wish he would have gotten the #2 haha. Reenan gets added instead of Trumble which is interesting and they will liekly meet in the Semi's. Still favor Nino for sure, I just feel he would have walked into the finals on the bottom half

HWT: Cooley gets the nod. 4 AQ's so anything is possible. Not sure how he will do but I feel he can definitely squeak out a spot. This weight class is not that deep as a whole

Reactions: _DBHoops
141 and 165 are obviously loaded and way under-allocated. I didn't realize Wentzel has never beaten Bullard in college (0-3).

I like Cole to earn a bid, but somehow the official will lose his entire goddamn mind when calling Wilson vs. Matthews. (Pitt ACC Champs 2020) I'm not so high on Harvey to qualify through ACCs.

Seems like Kemerer has to be unavailable, he's had a way better year than Burnett.

Camacho has beaten every unranked wrestler he's faced this year. That's awesome for a RFr, and I hope he can replicate his regular season success and earn a bid. As long as he doesn't go 0-2 he should still be in the conversation for at-large, though.

Maybe you're just saying that their NCAA qualification chances are the same (which is fair) but other than that I wouldn't compare McGill's and Badgett's performances this year. McGill has been exponentially better, which is to be expected as TB is a true freshman and would be redshirting in a normal year. JM won his first four matches and didn't give up any bonus points until getting destroyed by Howard from VT. One benefit to the horrible conference allotments is that Badgett would only have to win one match to make NCAAs. He'd probably beat the 157 from Duke but they wouldn't meet unless Duke's guy won a match.

Nino and Micky have similar draws. Dangerous (potential) SF opponents that they have beaten before (Reenan and Hayes) and then marquee (potential) matchups in the finals with again, opponents that they have beaten before.

Seems like Kemerer has to be unavailable, he's had a way better year than Burnett.
Does anyone have information about Kemerer? He seemed to be finding himself with a couple of nice wins, but he didn't wrestle the last match and isn't even listed among the seeds for the ACC Tournament. Puzzling.

Excited to see Mickey and Meyer face off if it happens. Korbin has looked really good this year and it will show a lot about were Mickey stands heading into NCAA's.

Happy to see Burnett get a shot at 149 because Kemerer isn't the answer.

Ryno I know you like Coles draw but I don't see it. I'd say that Hillegesmatch is probably 50/50 and Tariq well he's close but I don't have much faith he can get over that hump honestly but in fairness to him I'm biased because I'm kinda down on him this year.

Harvey moving up just hasn't worked out really this year and I don't expect that to change much this weekend.

165 and 197 are absolutely loaded in the ACC and should be a blast not many easy matches to be found in those brackets although I like Nino against Reenan more than Tremble stylistically Tremble is just a hard match up for Nino with his length and strong hips when you get under him which is normally a good spot for Nino.

Also glad to see Cooley get the shoy just not high on Slinger

Reactions: singregardless
Does anyone have information about Kemerer? He seemed to be finding himself with a couple of nice wins, but he didn't wrestle the last match and isn't even listed among the seeds for the ACC Tournament. Puzzling.

Not sure if he is hurt or maybe covid related issues or if they just benched him. He is a strange case. Seems like he has a ton of potential at time but he just hasn't been able to put it together yet for whatever reason

125: Camacho got a great path, honestly should be a national qualifier. With 3 automatic placers in this weight it was a gift, hope he takes advantage

133: Should be Myers vs Micky in the finals. Should be a great match.

141: Perfect place for Cole IMO. Has Hillegas 1st round which will be tough but he beat him in freestyle a few months ago. A win there sets him with with another match with Tariq. Cole has been so close agaisnt him, one of these matches has to go his way right?

149: Minor surprise with Burnett being listed over Kemerer. Who knows what Burnett can do but I'm excited to see

157: Badgett has the last seed and deservedly so, don't see him getting out although he probably only has to beat McClure or LaRue to move on which is certainly possible

164: Wentzel gets the #1 which is great but not a big fan of the draw. Has the winner of Monday/Bullard. Bullard has kind of been his kryptonite but either way he will be fine, knowing the competitor he is I'm guessing he would welcome another shot at him. Lewis is listed in the bracket so it appears he will be good to go

174: McGill kind of similar to Badgett. Not expecting him to get out and with one less AQ he would have to beat two guys he lost to earlier in the year

184: Harvey winning his first match would be a big boost. 3 AQ's here and I am not very optimistic he would get a wild card with the season he has had. I see him having a nice tournament and rebounding from an overall down year

197: Nino gets the #1 seed but I wish he would have gotten the #2 haha. Reenan gets added instead of Trumble which is interesting and they will liekly meet in the Semi's. Still favor Nino for sure, I just feel he would have walked into the finals on the bottom half

HWT: Cooley gets the nod. 4 AQ's so anything is possible. Not sure how he will do but I feel he can definitely squeak out a spot. This weight class is not that deep as a whole

165 will work out - Jake will be ready for either. Monday beat Bulllard in January and kept him scoreless - hard to score against Monday's length - I forsee Monday emerging from that one.

From everything I've seen, Cole can beat both of those guys. Gotta get his stamina up & lock in the confidence.

Watch 197 - I read Reenan won a wrestleoff over Trumble (Trumble got pinned in 44 seconds his last match vs. Duke). Reenan hasn't wrestled since 1/15. Let's hope they stick with Reenan.

Intrigued to see what Burnett & Cooley have, as I haven't got to see either yet.

141 and 165 are obviously loaded and way under-allocated. I didn't realize Wentzel has never beaten Bullard in college (0-3).

Not only has he never beaten Bullard, he's not gotten a win against any NC State wrestler he's gone up against (Bullard @ 165/Hamann @ 165/H. Hidlay @ 157).

Crazy. May be time to get that monkey off his back.

Not only has he never beaten Bullard, he's not gotten a win against any NC State wrestler he's gone up against (Bullard @ 165/Hamann @ 165/H. Hidlay @ 157).

Crazy. May be time to get that monkey off his back.
I dont think Hidlay and Jake wrestled. As far as I can remember, 157 was Taleb's during Jake's entire Pitt career

Reactions: bwh05
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT