ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Championship

Probably not. Mat 1 and 2 are running I assume. I used my iPad for 1 mat and my phone for the other.
OK, THANKS. I tuned to mat 2, but it isn't showing anything. ETA: mat 2 is working now-must have had technical difficulties.

Last edited:
Gotta give credit to Tariq Wilson, he wrestled much smarter this time and beat Cole fair and square for the first time in their last three matches.

Reactions: persp and lucac
Wilson is just so long and makes him a tough match up for anyone at that weight

7 a.m. ................................. Open Mats and Scales
8:45 a.m. ...............................................Skin Checks
9 a.m..........................................................Weigh-ins
10 a.m.....................................................Doors Open
11 a.m..................................... First Round Matches
1 p.m......................................................... Semifinals
3:30 p.m. ......................... Consolation Semifinals
5 p.m.........................................Consolation Finals
7 p.m. ....................................Championship Finals

For those wondering

Cooley lost 1-0 by choosing neutral in 3rd period. If you do that, you need to try to get a TD

I thought for sure Cooley was going to win.. but either from other dude’s sweat or them cleaning the mats.. his feet were sliding all over..

Reactions: persp
Nino putting an absolute beating on Reenan through 2 periods

stall calls in general are getting out of hand. Sign me up for push out rule.

Reactions: persp
Camacho goes 0-2 and is out of the tournament. Not a surprising result for me unfortunately

The surprises of the first round were UNC, which advanced 9 wrestlers into the semis, and UVA, which got 8 wrestlers into the semis. VT got 8 in but Lewis didn’t wrestle. NC State got 8 in as well. Pitt trailed with 5. Duke, a non-scholarship team, got 2.

NC State has 6 finalists; VT has 5; Pitt, UVA and UNC each have 3.

NC State has 62.5 points; VT has 50.5; UNC has 40; UVA has 36.5; Pitt has 29; and Duke has 3.

That is before the wrestle-backs which have just started.

Last edited:
Camacho lost to finish 0-2. Mathews won a MD. He will wrestle for 3rd. Burnett lost to what I think is the 247th Finesilver to wrestle for Duke, to finish 0-2. Pitt has no wrestler at 157. Macgill will be next to wrestle at 174.

UNC has 5 wrestlers in the 3rd place matches, the most of any school. UVA has 4. They are in a tight battle for third place.

So apparently that wasnt the same ref giving Pitt all those bs stall calls earlier. Myers basically ran away for the last minute. ACC officials suck in all sports

Pitt now has clinched a 5th place finish. It’s worst result ever in the ACC Tourney. No worries though. Gavin has us headed in the right direction with frosh like Camacho, Burnett, McGill and Cooley, who went a combined 0-8 for zero team points.

After Micky, Jake and Nino are gone, they will be the foundation of the program, along with Cole, who went 1-2.

Yes, I’m pessimistic. For good reason. Anyone who doesn’t see major problems with this program is blind.

I’ve been watching Pitt wrestling for 68 years. Since I was 7 years old. I’ve seen the best. I’ve seen the worst. This isn’t the worst. But, it’s damn close.

Reply if you want. I won’t see it. I’ll be back here when there is a new staff in charge. Not before. I’m finished with this Board. I’m going over to talk about the baseball team, which just swept FSU. I need to feel optimistic.

Pitt now has clinched a 5th place finish. It’s worst result ever in the ACC Tourney. No worries though. Gavin has us headed in the right direction with frosh like Camacho, Burnett, McGill and Cooley, who went a combined 0-8 for zero team points.

After Micky, Jake and Nino are gone, they will be the foundation of the program, along with Cole, who went 1-2.

Yes, I’m pessimistic. For good reason. Anyone who doesn’t see major problems with this program is blind.

I’ve been watching Pitt wrestling for 68 years. Since I was 7 years old. I’ve seen the best. I’ve seen the worst. This isn’t the worst. But, it’s damn close.

Reply if you want. I won’t see it. I’ll be back here when there is a new staff in charge. Not before. I’m finished with this Board. I’m going over to talk about the baseball team, which just swept FSU. I need to feel optimistic.

Good. You are a miserable old prick.

We wont miss you, I promise.

Your post is not even accurate right off the bat. We finished last in Keith’s first year. But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT