ADVERTISEMENT

ACC clearly the equal of the SEC.

Clemson is the SEC's equal and a few years ago Florida State was too. The ACC is a great conference in the sense that there are a bunch of good respectable teams like Pitt. There are no bottom dwellers here like other conferences have. But other than Clemson, none of the teams are challengers for national recognition.

The SEC has Bama, Goergia, LSU, and Florida compared to Clemson then a bunch of other ran's with FSU and Miami being down.

It is pretty clear that the PAC 12 is at the bottom of the Power 5. The SEC is at the top of the Power 5. The other 3 are debatable.

So, Clemson had the easier schedule to get there, so that is why they won it all? They’re right - easy scheduling is the way to the top!

Big Pretend trash including the Branch Campus dummies in State College will fill their airwaves with propaganda on the strength of their conference... they think conference strength is based on attendance figures rather than the quality of the conference’s teams.

B1G, PAC, Big 12 not close.

Think Disney is HAPPY they have the ACC Network?

Bring your A Game.
Is this clearly equal:

Final AP Poll

ACC
1. Clemson
15. Syracuse
Others Receiving Votes:
39. North Carolina State

SEC
2. Alabama
6. LSU
T7. Florida
T7. Georgia
12. Kentucky
Others Receiving Votes:
28. Mississippi State
32. Auburn
34. Missouri

The bottom line is that the SEC is head and shoulders better that the ACC or any other conference. While the ACC May feature the best team in the country but behind there there is mostly bad football teams. Do you think Disney is dancing in the street that 11 of the 14 teams lost 5 or more games?

Big Pretend trash including the Branch Campus dummies in State College will fill their airwaves with propaganda on the strength of their conference... they think conference strength is based on attendance figures rather than the quality of the conference’s teams.
Agree. I enjoy them being left out of the CFP. Seeing their best team pretty much all year destroyed its last two games by tOSU and Florida tells me they are a very overated conference. tOSU being taken apart by a middling Purdue team was also funny, plus a very average Maryland team should have beaten them as well. The pedophiles being taken to the woodshed by Kentucky, save a desperation comeback that fell short, was the most enjoyment I got out of this bowl season. No matter what metric you use tho, the conference doesn't have the heavy weights to get in the CFP. With Urban gone and Harbaugh and Franklin carrying the B1G torch now, I expect they won't be showing up for the CFP for years to come, which is fine with me, but, the B1G commisssioner who loves to cry when they don't get in may stroke out soon!

Is this clearly equal:

Final AP Poll

ACC
1. Clemson
15. Syracuse
Others Receiving Votes:
39. North Carolina State

SEC
2. Alabama
6. LSU
T7. Florida
T7. Georgia
12. Kentucky
Others Receiving Votes:
28. Mississippi State
32. Auburn
34. Missouri

The bottom line is that the SEC is head and shoulders better that the ACC or any other conference. While the ACC May feature the best team in the country but behind there there is mostly bad football teams. Do you think Disney is dancing in the street that 11 of the 14 teams lost 5 or more games?
1) Of course the SEC is the best conference.
2) Over the course of the past 20 years, 3 teams from the ACC account for 5 National Titles.

Agree. I enjoy them being left out of the CFP. Seeing their best team pretty much all year destroyed its last two games by tOSU and Florida tells me they are a very overated conference. tOSU being taken apart by a middling Purdue team was also funny, plus a very average Maryland team should have beaten them as well. The pedophiles being taken to the woodshed by Kentucky, save a desperation comeback that fell short, was the most enjoyment I got out of this bowl season. No matter what metric you use tho, the conference doesn't have the heavy weights to get in the CFP. With Urban gone and Harbaugh and Franklin carrying the B1G torch now, I expect they won't be showing up for the CFP for years to come, which is fine with me, but, the B1G commisssioner who loves to cry when they don't get in may stroke out soon!
Good post.

I see OSU with SubURBAN Meyer jumping ship having a less than a great year next year, Michigan and Harbaugh have been up and down and will continue this pattern, the Nitters will struggle to backfill the players leaving early and graduating seniors especially with McSorley leaving, and if Franklin loses again next year to OSU and Michigan I say he's a goner. They already have a place picked out on the banks of the Schuylkill River where they'll dump the body. It's the same spot where the Asst AD that had the goods on the Nitters during the Sandusky caper went swimming.

The cellar dweller Rutgers will never compete again at the P1/p5 and by the way New York football market doesn't watch, support or even care about Rutgers.

The middle of the BIG10 will shift around as does the ACC teams.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
is this OP being sarcastic?
No. Just stupid.

The ACC is a one team league unless/until FSU restores the roar. I'm writing off the U permanently; like Pitt, their glory days are well in the rear view and they are highly unlikely to return.

The dropoff from Clemson to the next best team in the ACC is a chasm.

I think we can look forward to more Clemson v. Bama NC games the next couple of years as both teams are totally loaded and returning most of their top skill position talent.

Clemson is likely to have a major dropoff along the D line as all 4 starters will be entering the NFL draft this year. Bama is likely to lose a couple of DLs as well to early entry.

It will be interesting. Nobody else is even close to the level of these two programs.

Reactions: Nittany Security
I think the ACC definitely has the best program in Clemson.

However, until schools like Miami, Florida State, and Virginia Tech can become nationally relevant again, I think I’d still give the edge to SEC because of their depth. Like Mike said, after Alabama they have LSU, Georgia, and Florida, and Texas A&M could enter the category soon. That’s a solid lineup.

They also have respectable mid tier programs like Missouri, and even Kentucky this year. I think the ACC needs to build up those 2-6 schools, and then they’ll have an argument.

Virginia 28. South Carolina 0.

No. Just stupid.

The ACC is a one team league unless/until FSU restores the roar. I'm writing off the U permanently; like Pitt, their glory days are well in the rear view and they are highly unlikely to return.

The dropoff from Clemson to the next best team in the ACC is a chasm.

I think we can look forward to more Clemson v. Bama NC games the next couple of years as both teams are totally loaded and returning most of their top skill position talent.

Clemson is likely to have a major dropoff along the D line as all 4 starters will be entering the NFL draft this year. Bama is likely to lose a couple of DLs as well to early entry.

It will be interesting. Nobody else is even close to the level of these two programs.

UGA is close. If they hit the FG to go up 17 on Bama, I think they win that game. But I agree, Clemson & Bama part 5 is probably on the way for 2019.

As for Pitt and the U, never say never.

Clemson's glory days were well in the rear view mirror not so long ago. Then there was the WVU Orange Bowl fiasco. Then Clemsoning became a thing. They finally broke through in 16 and now they are as machine on par with Bama.

I find the 2020 odds interesting. Count of teams with odds better than 100 to 1 to win the CFP:

SEC - 7
BIG10 - 4
PAC12 - 4
ACC - 2
BIG12 - 2

I find the 2020 odds interesting. Count of teams with odds better than 100 to 1 to win the CFP:

SEC - 7
BIG10 - 4
PAC12 - 4
ACC - 2
BIG12 - 2
The Big 10 has a lot of alums who are suckers and willing to bet on their own team to win it all. Ohio State is the only team worth taking a shot on.

Just think of all the Nitwits that have thrown down a $100 on them to win it all over the past 30 years. You guys have built lots of nice buildings in Vegas.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT