ADVERTISEMENT

ACC network question. Maybe SMF can chime in

ratking17

Head Coach
Mar 15, 2009
So I live in south central pa and have comcast. I am lucky in that I get pirates and pens as well on att network. I fully expect comcast to pick up the acc network eventually, but let's say they dont for a while.
Keeping in mind I really only care about sports and want my att network as well, is there another provider or supplemental one that will have both att network and the acc network and NOT BE BLACKED OUT? I have a playstation so maybe temporarily I supplement the acc network with that but then it gets really pricy. Any suggestions?

Also as an aside I would assume that if comcast picks up the acc network I would get access to it living where I do, but is it possible that only the Pittsburgh area comcast gets it and not all of comcast?

So I live in south central pa and have comcast. I am lucky in that I get pirates and pens as well on att network. I fully expect comcast to pick up the acc network eventually, but let's say they dont for a while.
Keeping in mind I really only care about sports and want my att network as well, is there another provider or supplemental one that will have both att network and the acc network and NOT BE BLACKED OUT? I have a playstation so maybe temporarily I supplement the acc network with that but then it gets really pricy. Any suggestions?

Also as an aside I would assume that if comcast picks up the acc network I would get access to it living where I do, but is it possible that only the Pittsburgh area comcast gets it and not all of comcast?

If DirectTV is something you'd consider, you'd still get ATT and pick up the ACCN but would be subject to the same blackouts and the privilege to watch a terrible B1G game instead of the Pitt game that you're used to now. Hulu or Sling or maybe both will pick up the ACCN, too.

If DirectTV is something you'd consider, you'd still get ATT and pick up the ACCN but would be subject to the same blackouts and the privilege to watch a terrible B1G game instead of the Pitt game that you're used to now. Hulu or Sling or maybe both will pick up the ACCN, too.

I have no blackouts of anything where I live with comcast. Only blackouts when a game is on an over the air channel like WB or UPN

Read somewhere that atat sportnet will eventually stream on devices as well , but probably a year or two away. In the meantime just get PS Vue or Hulu , pay by the month, 1 click cancel anytime until Comcast signs on to the ACC Network.
There are better and cheaper ways to watch but I wont go into it.
Looking forward to this channel.

Reactions: PittMan 72

What is the ATT Network?
I have Direct TV 300+ channels and called them on this today.
Noone at DirectTV knew what I was talking about?

We're in Eastern PA and purchase MLB Extra Innings and Center Ice to watch the Pirates and Penquins. Each costs around $ 170 / yr + or - a few dollars depending when I sign up and the deal DTV gets with each.

What is the ATT Network.
I have Direct TV 300+ channels and called them on this today.
Noone at DirectTV knew what I was talking about?

We're in Eastern PA and purchase MLB Extra Innings and Center Ice to watch the Pirates and Penquins. Each costs around $ 170 / yr + or - a few dollars depending when you sign up.

KBL>>>fox sports Pittsburgh >>>>root sports>>>>at&t sports network

If you have Playstation 1, you are in luck. The ACC Network will be on there.

Any blackouts on streaming services can be avoided with a VPN. IPvanish is very good. Cost maybe $5 per month.

Does this include satellite tv

If DirecTV has a blackout on ESPN- you can log into the ESPN app using your DirecTV credentials and watch the blacked-out game via a VPN.

The VPN makes it appear that you sitting in another location like OH or VA.

so I have been told......;-)

Last edited:
Here what I would do. Each week a Pitt game is on ACC network sign up for a free trial of Hulu and Play Station Vue. Most offer a one week free trial. Just use a different email address each time. No need to pay anything to watch a few games.

Last edited:
Reactions: ratking17
If DirecTV has a blackout on ESPN- you can log into the ESPN app using your DirecTV credentials and watch the blacked-out game via a VPN.

The VPN makes it appear that you sitting in another location like OH or VA.

so I have been told......;-)

Does direct tv have the nfl sunday ticket? Maybe time to change although I get internet through comcast

Does direct tv have the nfl sunday ticket? Maybe time to change although I get internet through comcast

They did- I dropped DirecTV a while back. I thought I they offered a better product than cable when I had it.

I like the streaming services best.

Yes - You will be able to get it free if you are a new customer along with a bunch of other free channels if you play hard ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT