ADVERTISEMENT

Addison

Honestly waiting for someone to say both schools. We’ve reached that era. Not sure why announcers and players feel like they have to limit them to one school. That’s so boomer.

“Pitt and USC”.
School "Transfer portal".

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Aikman said he went to USC and learned a lot there.
I mean, you got to keep in mind the messenger ... Aikman left Oklahoma for UCLA in his playing days (when transferring was much less common).

Last edited:
I mean, you got to keep in mind the messenger ... Aikman left Oklahoma for UCLA in his playing days (when transferring was much less common).
And that might have been a pretty good business decision too, seeing as how Oklahoma ran the wishbone and won a natty with Jamelle Hollieway QBing at the time.

waiting for that one poster who says that it's not the player but the network that picks whether he says the college or high school lol.

i love that guy.

And that might have been a pretty good business decision too, seeing as how Oklahoma ran the wishbone and won a natty with Jamelle Hollieway QBing at the time.
I was always mystified as to how Switzer recruited Aikman as a QB. I know Aikmen is from Oklahoma and they were great then. But I remember watching them run wishbone, and I remember watching Aikmen, and he was about as far from a wishbone QB as I can imagine. I guess good coaches adapt for talent, but that’s a helluva lot of adapting for that offense.

He’s really good and everyone on here saying he wasn’t we’re just salty AF.
did anyone on here EVER say that? Come on ski, we all were pissed and for good reason, we just lost a bilitnikoff (Sp?) winner..

now i will say that i remember some (Not many but a few) posters saying that Mumpfield will step into that role and JA wont be missed. I mean, im talking about one or two posters and well they were quickly mocked and dismissed.

But again, i am disagreeing that any of us on here were saying he wasnt good.

Addison is starting. Not so true of the OT and CB they drafted.
addison over Jones or JPJ would possibly have a tiny bit of merit if Canada wasnt our OC. the 3rd WR in this archaic offense isnt getting looks, regardless if its Addison or Robinson/CA3.

Now another way to look at it is if we did draft Addison, would that make Dionte trade bait material. I dont think we keep Dionte, Pickens or Addison for the reasons i said, it's not a 3 wr offense.. But with Dionte's injury, maybe addison and Pickens prove to be a formidable 1-2 punch and we now have a valuable player to trade and well that could be a domino effect.

Did anyone say he wasn't really good? I don't recall too many celebrating his decision to transfer so it would pave the way for Jaylon Barden or anything.
You have a short memory.

When he transferred, the board cry was that it was an idiotic decision.

When he was playing at USC, it was that he would have done way better at Pitt and Pickett made him.

When he went to the combine and posted a somewhat meh 40 time, it was that he wouldn't make it in the NFL, he's too small, he'll have to play in the slot and he's not fast enough, slot guys like him are a dime a dozen, etc. etc.

Standard Lair bull$hit.

Reactions: Ski11585
You have a short memory.

When he transferred, the board cry was that it was an idiotic decision.

When he was playing at USC, it was that he would have done way better at Pitt and Pickett made him.

When he went to the combine and posted a somewhat meh 40 time, it was that he wouldn't make it in the NFL, he's too small, he'll have to play in the slot and he's not fast enough, slot guys like him are a dime a dozen, etc. etc.

Standard Lair bull$hit.

I mean I definitely questioned him being this good in the NFL. But I feel like that's a far cry from not thinking he was good.

In his soph season, his best, about the same as Jared Wayne. Half the output of Addison's soph season under Whip. His last season, about the same as Maurice Ffrench. 15 years ago.
Should Baldwin have seen more action in that soph year considering he had All Americans at tailback and TE?

Baldwin averaged 20 ypc. Addison averaged 15.9 ypc. Wayne averaged 17.7 ypc.

The difference is Baldwin played with Stull. Wayne played with Slovis. Addison had a 1st round draft pick throwing him the ball.

Cig's scheme is just fine for WR's. If he can consistently get Jared Wayne behind safeties, I'm sure it would have been just fine for Addison.

Did anyone say he wasn't really good? I don't recall too many celebrating his decision to transfer so it would pave the way for Jaylon Barden or anything.

did anyone on here EVER say that? Come on ski, we all were pissed and for good reason, we just lost a bilitnikoff (Sp?) winner..

now i will say that i remember some (Not many but a few) posters saying that Mumpfield will step into that role and JA wont be missed. I mean, im talking about one or two posters and well they were quickly mocked and dismissed.

But again, i am disagreeing that any of us on here were saying he wasnt good.
As @thebadby2 notes, we had lots of posters (Hey @joeydavid) who either thought he'd be easy to replace or that he wouldn't make it as a pro and that all the other WR prospects were better choices than him.

He was the best offensive player on the 2021 team.

Reactions: TD_6082
addison over Jones or JPJ would possibly have a tiny bit of merit if Canada wasnt our OC. the 3rd WR in this archaic offense isnt getting looks, regardless if its Addison or Robinson/CA3.

Now another way to look at it is if we did draft Addison, would that make Dionte trade bait material. I dont think we keep Dionte, Pickens or Addison for the reasons i said, it's not a 3 wr offense.. But with Dionte's injury, maybe addison and Pickens prove to be a formidable 1-2 punch and we now have a valuable player to trade and well that could be a domino effect.
So long as Matt Canada is the OC, I don't have high expectations for the offense so it wouldn't matter. The fact that neither the #1 or #1A is on the field enough to regularly be making an impact just makes me question whether or not the Steelers blew another draft. That was the only point I was trying to make. At this point, I'd have to believe Addison would be on the bench and only see the field in four receiver sets.

As @thebadby2 notes, we had lots of posters (Hey @joeydavid) who either thought he'd be easy to replace or that he wouldn't make it as a pro and that all the other WR prospects were better choices than him.

He was the best offensive player on the 2021 team.

Joeydavid doesn't count, lol. We all know his next 10,000 posts before he makes them. Everyone at Pitt is a god; everyone not at Pitt is yucky. Saying Slovis sucked last year was off limits... until he left, in which case every failure for the season was his fault. Cignetti will be his scapegoat this season, because it's clear he won't be back.

And yeah - it's looking more and more like he made a lot of people some pretty big money after his 2021 season.

….and he made the right choice to leave Pitt. Cignetti’s offense is terrible for a high end WR and Slovis was not the answer at qb.
Addison’s draft stock doesn’t drop if he stays at Pitt. He would’ve gotten his touches. Jared Wayne even had better numbers than Addison last year.

I mean I definitely questioned him being this good in the NFL.
I'm not a big stats guy because I'm sure someone on here will have some advanced metric to contradict what I say but is being ranked #25 in receiving yards and #28 in ypc that good? It seems like they're a lot of guys that get around 50-55 yards receiving per game. Maybe those are really good stats in this day and age.

Addison’s draft stock doesn’t drop if he stays at Pitt. He would’ve gotten his touches. Jared Wayne even had better numbers than Addison last year.
I doubt it would have dropped, but he got a bag and got to play with a better qb in a more wide open system.

Reactions: Pitt2009
I'm not a big stats guy because I'm sure someone on here will have some advanced metric to contradict what I say but is being ranked #25 in receiving yards and #28 in ypc that good? It seems like they're a lot of guys that get around 50-55 yards receiving per game. Maybe those are really good stats in this day and age.
I'd say he's on par with all of the other #3 guys in the league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT