ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Bramah

I am really good at this.

The dude is going to be the #1 transfer recruit in the country and some guys think programs at Pitt's level wont take him.

BTW, it seems like Andy Toole pumps out more high major players than Pitt coaches.

Lol I have no info either way but why don’t you actually wait and see who actually OFFERS and is really interested before tooting your own horn

Reactions: AAPanther

The dude is going to be the #1 transfer recruit in the country and some guys think programs at Pitt's level wont take him.

BTW, it seems like Andy Toole pumps out more high major players than Pitt coaches.
The kid from FIU will go to Kentucky or Duke. He is the current #1 transfer. Took all of 5 mins to disprove your insanity again.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I have said blue blood or almost blue blood like 10 times in this thread. And I will be right. If he goes to Rhode Island or some A10 school, I will congratulate you.
I couldn’t care less where he goes. There’s a million reasons he wouldn’t go to Pitt. Including probably wanting to see new snatch. You beating your chest over where this kid goes is extremely lame.

I couldn’t care less where he goes. There’s a million reasons he wouldn’t go to Pitt. Including probably wanting to see new snatch. You beating your chest over where this kid goes is extremely lame.

I didn't say he was going to Pitt would Capel would be nuts if he didnt take the #1 (or #2 transfer) who will have MAJOR offers.

Bramah will prove, once again SMF knows college basketball.

You might not have been here during TJ McConnell's days but I was the only one on here saying he will go to a big program and that he was a really good player.

That would seem to cast some real doubt on his coaching abilities, as his career winning percentage is way worse than Capel’s and Stallings’. I realize they lose a lot of transfers, but having these high major players for even one year should translate into a lot more wins in the woeful NEC no?

That would seem to cast some real doubt on his coaching abilities, as his career winning percentage is way worse than Capel’s and Stallings’. I realize they lose a lot of transfers, but having these high major players for even one year should translate into a lot more wins in the woeful NEC no?

My guess is he had the highest winning pct in the NEC during his time in it and may even be the all-time NEC winning percentage leader but I dont feel like looking it up. Joe?

My guess is he had the highest winning pct in the NEC during his time in it and may even be the all-time NEC winning percentage leader but I dont feel like looking it up. Joe?

Yeah I don’t have the patience for that either. A quick look shows in his 10 years in the NEC RMU earned 2 NCAA bids and had the following regular season conference results:

1st (2)
2nd (2)
3rd (3)
5th (1)
6th (1)
8th (1)

Not bad to be sure, but I guess my point is if he was churning out more high end D1 talent than Pitt like you claimed his record should’ve been way, way better in the lowly NEC.

You can’t have it both ways.

And by the way, Mike Rice Jr was 46-8 .852 in the NEC at RMU.

Blue bloods
Duke
UNC
Kentucky
Kansas

Near Blue Bloods
UVa
Syr
Lou
UConn
Nova
Mich
Mich St
OSU
Florida
Arizona
UCLA

Next level
FSU
Wisconsin
Purdue
Indiana

What's the criteria? I would consider UCLA and Indiana blue bloods. UConn is interesting. Their program started to decline not long after the Big East was raided, and they really haven't been a high profile program since then, despite tacking up 5 banners. (was it 5 or 4?)

Also, what about schools like Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, WVU and Memphis?

What's the criteria? I would consider UCLA and Indiana blue bloods. UConn is interesting. Their program started to decline not long after the Big East was raided, and they really haven't been a high profile program since then, despite tacking up 5 banners. (was it 5 or 4?)

Also, what about schools like Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, WVU and Memphis?

OK. Texas and Gonzaga are "almost blue bloods." Just about everyone else is Pitt-level (historically): OU, Mem, Ark, WVU, TT, TCU, OKST, Miss, Min, etc

I don't know. I certainly think OU, Memphis & Arkansas are much better than Pitt historically. Not even close really. NC State too, although its been a long while since they have done anything of note. Cincinnati is another program that would be somewhere in the mix.

I don't know. I certainly think OU, Memphis & Arkansas are much better than Pitt historically. Not even close really. NC State too, although its been a long while since they have done anything of note. Cincinnati is another program that would be somewhere in the mix.

I mean, yea they are but once you get past the blue bloods and almost blue bloods, there's like 40 programs who are all relatively similar and Pitt is in that group.

It's only year 4 , greatness from the Capel brothers takes time.

I didn't say he was going to Pitt would Capel would be nuts if he didnt take the #1 (or #2 transfer) who will have MAJOR offers.

Bramah will prove, once again SMF knows college basketball.

You might not have been here during TJ McConnell's days but I was the only one on here saying he will go to a big program and that he was a really good player.
and you continue to prove...that people who refer to themselves in the third person...are Grade A losers.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Damn. I was hoping to see the Rain Man's follow-up comments to this topic when I logged on today.

I was wrong. He went "Pitt-level" when many including BballinsiderfromPitt didn't think he was good enough for Pitt. I greatly underestimated the massive amount of transfers plus his mental illness.

I was wrong. He went "Pitt-level" when many including BballinsiderfromPitt didn't think he was good enough for Pitt. I greatly underestimated the massive amount of transfers plus his mental illness.
Nobody said he wasn’t good enough. @BballinsiderfromPitt only ever said he wouldn’t go to a better program because of off court stuff.

It's all crazy...

Pitt level, I wish we were on their level at this time! We might win 2 to 5 ACC games next year

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT